FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Kilaaks
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kilaak Stooge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I refrained from coming in here and saying anything because I like to consider myself a more "Civilized" Kilaak. Yes, I learned how to speak correct American English, but I still hate CHEETURS just as much as the next Kilaak. Granted, I've taken a hiatus from playing so I could get married and start DJing in the clubs over in London. I think it's time for me to return to the game, and show you how badass we really are. As for whining about us, I think you're just jealous you can't pwn like we can.
hoaxie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK.. here I go...

*taps mic* Is this thing on?

*clears throat*

Let me preface this by saying "I love the Kilaaks!" There is a difference, however, between funny and annoying. Now, I know who the Kilaaks are, as I am sure most people do, so to all of you who I adore, I hope you do not take this wrong. Please take it as it is intended. (disclaimer: Not all Kilaaks are guilty of this, just a couple.)

Why is The 'Ville so strong? I believe it is a direct result of the diligence that the residence take in upholding, supporting, and enforcing Rule #!. Should that rule not apply to *everyone?* If not, then I have been very wrong in my understanding of the way things operate around here.

I have seen other people get booted for spamming the chat after being asked repeatedly to stop. I know that CHEETUR is not offensive, but, it does make it difficult for players to communicate. Yes, you can exercise your right to mute. We could all do that when we are bothered by a chat spammer or even by someone who is being offensive in chat. Instead we try to dissuade the behaviour. I was not there for the incident Whyb is describing, but I have witnessed it on my own. And I have seen regs ask for it to stop to no avail. Perhaps a meeting of the Kilaaks is in order. I am not saying that I want them to go away, but come on....

I think I will just stop now on this final note...

Please try to remember, Kilaaks are expected to follow Rule #1 just like everyone else.

*disappears into the shadows*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ludacris

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kilaak stooge is the ONLY normal one. He cant change his name or something. (some KILLAK law i guess.)
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen up people.

I have learned one really important thing after all my days here. What is funny to one may not be funny to the other. Does that mean that you simply can't do something because Joe Shmo doesn't like it? No. I remember catching a little beef when I was running around crowbarring people. It was said that I was ruining the game for people because I wasn't taking it seriously like most of them. People now tell me I take the game too seriously. Where is the borderline? Whyb, I understand you were obviously seriously involved in the game in question. But what about the times when you aren't serious? What if you want to be silly with your friends and they chew you out for it? I know you like to play around sometimes just like the rest of us. After all the @#$% players out there, you are telling me that this instance really got your goat enough to post about it? If Kilaak Cheetur was going by his/her real name in that game I bet you would have been laughing your @ss off and you would not have posted about it. We are all your friends and we are just trying to have fun.

We can't all be on the same plane at all times. We can't all make the other person happy. We try yes, but it's not always possible. This was not a big deal. It was one game out of a thousand. And it wasn't horrible. Do we all have to be serious in every single game? Must we enter a game and ask everyone if it's ok to be silly? Should we make crowbarring against the rules? Nah. I try to play TPF all the time in every single game. Sometimes. . .I want to just play around. Does that mean I can not play at theville when I want to do that? It's just not fun unless it's amongst friends you know? It's not Llamaism, come on. I can think of much, much worse.

Kilaak's play a role and we try not to leave that role at any time. You of all people should know that. We are trying to bring more fun to TheVille. If we accidentally ruffle a few feathers, don't down us for it. For every one person that doesn't like Kilaaks, there are over a hundred that we have made laugh. That's what it's all about. This is just nit picking a little too much IMO.

Maybe Kilaaks should assimilate Whyb. . . . hmmmm. . .then he would see the light. . .

Why am I posting again? . . . It's only going to get me in trouble. . .ah. . .so be it.
Thom Yorke Obliterator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth, the Kilaaks started out as a parody of a lot of things, like:

• people who don't proofread what they type
  • trash talkers with no skill
  • people who take their online personas a little too seriously
  • general boneheads

A lot of people who've played TFC for a while get the joke, since the Kilaaks are every llama rolled into one. And sometimes the Kilaaks push it too far, and become as annoying as the folks they are making fun of. But it's all in good fun. We mean well.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: