FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Worst... players... ever...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whybkuul

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh i remember when i was a noob.. i had asked a question and got bashed for it. the question was "doesn't this game have a grappling hook??" i was playing 2fort at the time, and i guess it triggered my memories of playing QUAKE on the same map.. see, in quake you had a hook.... i felt like a real ass then
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the people I see, I swear I was never as bad as them. Granted once I never knew how to play warpath, at least I knew how to frag their sorry asses Some times people make me wonder. I help n00b some times on like crossover2, when I usually manage to defend my teams base as engy even though we are mainly attacking
FragFailure

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my first ever attempt on Avanti, try 2-43 out for size. I told SilverOne that I am NEVER, EVER, playing this STUPID game again.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Goldom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snag, other guy above him who i dont remember name, I think you got the wrong impression. I didn't get enough screenshots to show this guy really..

IF he was a newb, he was already a llama beforehand. Take this example:

Jerkey: Can someone go kill all the snipers and SGs for me?
Someone (a reg i forget who): Why don't you do it yourself?

(he was an engy, on offense)

Jerkey: I can't, they kill me.
Someone: Maybe if you weren't an engy
Jerkey: (sic) I'm too damn lazy, go do it for me!

"at which point is my quote in the picture about him being comatose"

Followed by:

Jerkey: Yeah, I'm lazy.
Goldom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so... as you can see he was not exactly some innocent noob who i have now demoralised. Trust me on this one, or ask (someone).

[edit: the (someone) is shovelnose -VS-. Violent Pacifist, YPAWOM were also there.]
Last Updated 3/9/02

[ This Message was edited by: Goldom on 2002-03-11 15:56 ]
Goldom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In conclusion, im sorry if it sounded like im flaming n00bs. I guess you had to be there to undersatnd.
Ktulu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was not there so I can't judge this one, but I agree with Snag 100%!

If not todays noob will be tomorrows llama and besides that I think it is just plain mean which violates rule #1, and we all know rule #1 right?

http://www.theville.org/rules.php

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope, explain in very specific detail
Goldom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't have posted all this if I didn't think he was already breaking that rule. He was ordering us around, and sitting back and bleeting, and basically BREAKING RULE #1.
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

And the sad thing is, hes SO much worse than it even shows, anyone there can back me... i just wish he'd done something bannable lol.

Quote:

He was ordering us around, and sitting back and bleeting, and basically BREAKING RULE #1.

Hmm... contradiction? I think so. Make sure you have your facts straight, and laid out in full before you start a post like this again.
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not like they were forced to play the game without any resources or help before they start. That's why manuals and READMEs are available. They aren't there to decorate the folder. Helping a n00b with an occasional and understandable question is okay, but when he asks "Can a spy kill people?" you can't feel sorry for him. Maybe ragging on skillz isn't the way to go though. Visor didn't ask any monumental n00bish questions, he just didn't have experience. But hey, everyone should get the n00b treatment for one reason or another. I'm sure most of us have. When I was getting ripped for my skillz I just smiled and thought "Just wait." It's kinda the initiative into becoming a reg. :wink:

[ This Message was edited by: Chen Kenichi on 2002-03-11 16:32 ]
Ktulu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, we know Goldom is not a llama and most of us where not there, so lets try to stop this thread from flamming, in fact please lets just stop this thread, you guys should be out there fraggin anyway so get your non-fraggin noob @$$'s out there.
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cute fluffy bunnies jumping through the field. boingy. . .boingy. . . boingy. .

=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
thewz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, ya let's end this before it becomes a flame war.

A little off topic, but have any of you ever seen real hardcore n00b bashing?
The forums for a website that I visit regularly have this little section called "The Archives of Stupidity." Basically, whenever a n00b posts something kinda stupid, the hole thread gets sent to the archives of stupidity, where the motto is "by morons, for morons." Now that is what I call real n00b bashing. Imagine being in a hall of fame for stupidity, talk about embarrassement. The admins will also give you "demoralizing" tags if you post stupid things. For example one guy has this written next to his name on his status screen "Kill me please, I am a f*cking idiot!"

Well, now i'm just rambling so i'm gonna end my post now...
Whybkuul

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-03-11 16:51, the_avenger wrote:
A little off topic, but have any of you ever seen real hardcore n00b bashing?
The forums for a website that I visit regularly have this little section called "The Archives of Stupidity." Basically, whenever a n00b posts something kinda stupid, the hole thread gets sent to the archives of stupidity, where the motto is "by morons, for morons." Now that is what I call real n00b bashing. Imagine being in a hall of fame for stupidity, talk about embarrassement. The admins will also give you "demoralizing" tags if you post stupid things. For example one guy has this written next to his name on his status screen "Kill me please, I am a f*cking idiot!"

lmao! where's this at? put up a link man! heh oh, by the way.. i feel this is a GREAT time to post my favorite pic!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: