FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Presidents Bush's speech
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2001 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get the TF reference.

Warhammer
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2001 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maian, I think your view of politics is a bit skewed. Maybe it's the media, maybe it's your town, maybe it's your family or friends. Politics, like everything else, is not black and white. I'm a democrat by registration, but a moderate one. I, for one, don't believe in welfare as a government handout. That doesn't make me a Republican. I pay my 38% or whatever to the fed, 6% to new york and five figures to my local county because I live in the greatest country in the world.

You're painting Republicans everywhere as Rush Limbaugh and Jesse Helms' "conservative" in the same manner as most everyone painted Muslims as extremists. And that's a pretty unfair statement to make. I've done a good share of traveling around the US, and I can tell you that some people pay way too much in taxes for what they get back. Some people don't pay squat and sit back and live on welfare for three generations.

Give your fellow 'Ville Republicans some slack and trust that they're not out to reinstitute slavery, cut off social programs, secede from the union under stars and bars (well most of them anyway), and let's get back to the fragging. This is one time in our lives we don't need to undermine the authority of our president and our government.

Warhammer/Scott
FragFailure

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2001 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maian, politics stays seperate from friends and TFC.

However I still believe I could put that GORE SUXORZ up there. Ever read Earth In the Balance (Earth in the Lurch haha) by Gore? That's why I don't like him. His enviornmental policies were what made me vote against him. They were too extreme imo. Gore would have won the elcetion easily if he could have. The country was basically "begging" for a reason to elect him.

I am not an admin for a power trip contrary to some beliefs here. I do it to stop llamas.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
XCheater

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2001 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boint and love n the same thread...man use one or the other.

985!!! IN MY FIRST DAY!!!
By the way I have 7 different kills with the weapons out of 29...22 more to go..

[ This Message was edited by: JohnDoe on 2001-10-02 13:30 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
[Wolfpack]Deqlyn Moquei

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2001 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, my 1st official message on here, Not to sound Like an asshole, but Mainze you have no idea what the f*ck your talking about so do everyone a favor and shut up, that is helpful advice becuase u keep digging yourself deeper every response u make. Thats a little friendly advice. Anyway Bush is doin good God Bless America

Dog
Maian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen Dog, I havent played with you, but I already know that I dont like you. You are a conservative ass, and therefore, we have almost nothing in common, so leave me the hell alone. Listen, I know whats going on, im not totally oblivious to our countries economy. "Bush is doing a good job" my ass! He attacked a foreign country within 6 weeks of his presdency. He's also already driven this country into a recession. It's there, no one wants to acknowledge it though. Where the hell do you think he got the money for that tax return? For god's sake this man is a total idiot! He always makes up words, like a child. Just listen to him talk. I'm not exactly sure what he said one time, but he said something like:

"we cannot let the evil-do'ers win".

Yes, the genius said "evil-do'ers", like he thinks he's some kind of a super hero in a comic or something. Anyone who thinks he's doing a good job is choosing to hear what they want. I'm sorry Frag, I actually didnt read that book. Could you inform me on what his enviromental policies were? As for Dog, unless you have some profound thoughts on the subject, which Im sure you dont, then you shut the hell up before you lose your job due to the downward spiral of the economy.

Sick Cycle Carousel
Lifehouse
No Name Face
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow maiam, Bush drove us to a Recession? How do you think he did that?
I suppose Clinton drove us to the rich house.
Actually the govenment produces nothing. It only provides a service. (I might add at the cost of about 30+% on the dollar.) Thru it's policies it may hinder or help an economic cycle. Mostly it's up to the market and us the people that spends that drives an economy.
The last 10 or so years have been driven by new technology that everyone wanted. The world has converted from keeping all business information on file cards to computers. this rather large and exploding bubble has risen in the vaccuum of boundless demand. Now that most everyone has this technology and upgrades aren't required every 2 months. The people and business that have geared up to support this must now shrink and produce on a replacement basis. Hence less money being spent.
I'm sure we have some economic majors who can explain this to us better. Plus this is brief very brief.

[ This Message was edited by: ROOFCUTTER on 2001-09-24 20:03 ]
Maian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not saying that Clinton drove us to the rich house, but you certainly must agree, things were better than they had been in the last 12 years or so. I realze the government is not entirely responsible, but do you really want another Great Depression?

Sick Cycle Carousel
Lifehouse
No Name Face
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. But what does Bush have to do with that?
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maian what grade are you in?
Bakuryu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't have gone with Gore or Bush if I could have voted. Nader wasn't much of an option either. I probably would have gone with Brown (hah u probably don't remember him)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
[Wolfpack]Deqlyn Moquei

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seen the news lately Maian, since your not for bush i guess your against him and your for the terrorists. Hmm not what have we here?

Maybe you should run the country from right here at this forum, but u might need to use the loop hole(electoral college)to get elected.

Have u seen the quote form Gore in TIME magazine last year well he siad " If my job put my family in any kind of danger i would retire" Hmm plane going for whitehouse Gore soils self, retires Pat Buchanan or whoever his VP was runs country, hmm not good.

-At this time of crisis Im glad we have a TEXAN for a president.
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember Bak. Does Moonbeam jog any memories? Can't see him as an alternative though. To angry, although a man that would act for the long term good of the nation would get my vote. That is what I hate about our current politicians. Neither side will put us back on a finiacinaly firm footing even with all the money they get in taxes. You are right we don't have much choice and both parties in general are looters and rapers. Any vote for anyone but the two biggies is a wasted vote. Now on the local level you can vote odd parties who's canadiate may lean toward your own views. It's a start.

Dog as much as I don't agree with Gore I can't even imagine that this quote was an indication of how he would act in this situation. You must be taking this out of context.

[ This Message was edited by: ROOFCUTTER on 2001-09-24 21:11 ]
[Wolfpack]Deqlyn Moquei

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it is outa context, i understand but the point im trying to make which i never stated to Maian is that , Why dont you support OUR president in this time of crisis, Maian your main concenr is attacking republicans when it should be the uniting of this country in this time of crisis, no matter what race, creed, or political views. Entering a conversation and saying your Commander and Chief is an idiot, you should be supporting him wether you like him or his views, or you dont. The majority has voted for him hence democracy. - power to the people. Maybe you should send your dieas to Bill Oreilly at oreilly@foxnews.com. and watch his show Maian its on fox news at 8 and 11east, In this time of crissi we shouldnt be worrying about whose republicans or democrats its about the safety of our people and theres no way you cant say that bush isnt doing a good job. How would any president acted when # planes crashed into U.S. Landmark buildings so to speak. Who knows but leave it to the president to get us thru. Just as his father before him got us thru the Gulf war with a measely 221 U.S. casualites.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: