FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Counter Strike Again
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigCaulk69

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh well my roommate is a CS player slowly starting to convert to TFC. i know ikana has seen him on here, coat-hanger abortion. so there is some hope
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jaredmonkey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes I'd like to know what rocket crowbar is too and where can you play it?

ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a Mod that lets you shoot people from your shotgun, screaming until they explode! Almost as much fun as a bag of spuds a spud gun and a glass house 2 blocks down.
Rob you should try it, If you think shortbus is fun, you'll love it. Its more a fun type mod while tfc is more serious.
Ikana

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocket crowbar is an EXTREMELY fun and small (I think like 600k) half life mod. It changes all of the weapons and uses regular half life maps. It's been a long time since I've played it because few servers run it, but I'll tell you what the weapons do that I remember:

Crowbar: shoots rockets that move and twist randomly. Quite fun. Server can set level of movement.

Shotgun: Shoots scientists that fly through the air, scream, and explode on impact. Forgot what secondary fire does.

Grenade: Creates a gravity well.

Rocket launcher: Shoots a security guard or scientist a short distance. When a player approaches the security guard or scientist, they will greet the player and explode.

You can also make very large bombs but I forgot how.

There are a number of weapons that are extremely fun to use.

I strongly recommend that a ville server run rocket crowbar part time. I think the ville 4.1 would be perfect for it if munkey doesn't mind, or perhaps the ville 2 since the maps on that server are the more obscure and fun themed maps around anyway.
Ikana

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-02-01 23:06, BigCaulk69 wrote:
i know ikana has seen him on here, coat-hanger abortion

Yes... I've seen him. He has one of the most graphic and offensive names I've seen and he can be quite an ass about it.

This gives me a negative impression of him as a player overall.
Robert E. Lee

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i know ikana has seen him on here, coat-hanger abortion.

I had the pleasure of llamfying him and slaying him quite a few times today. He refused to change his name, so he suffered for it. If he plays on here with that name again, he can find somewhere else to play.

The idea of killing a baby with a coat hanger is absolutley sick, and names like that WON'T be tolerated here. You might wanna pass this on to him.

[ This Message was edited by: Robert E. Lee on 2002-02-02 01:29 ]
=Glenn=The_shibby{Frog}

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah props to rob, LAYIN DOWN THE LAW, now that thats out of the way, rocket crowbar is the bloodiest game i have ever played, sooo much explosions, we can play turkeyburgers with it!!!!!, i forgot the site i got it from but its not hard, just search for it, all that are interested you would have to dl the mod, its very small for a mod, but i'm sure that the good ppl of the ville would put up the mod for a dl,or a link,if they decide on it,{edit}heres a tip if they decide on it, once you throw the rocket crowbar, MOVE, i've had it come back at me and kill me{edit}

[ This Message was edited by: Kermit From Hell on 2002-02-02 01:47 ]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
thewz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Infiltration for TFC is a much more realistic and better game. It also has better weapons and a VASTLY superior aiming system. (no crosshairs, the bullets actually fly from where the gun is pointing) If only there was a ville server for it.

Infiltration is on TFC???
I thought it was only on ut!
I love the realism in inf, but after a while it starts to piss you off (gotta love the snipage tho) For those of you who don't know, most of the creators of inf are ex-military. They are gun fanatics, and they will model their guns down to the very last detail. The game is so realistic it is incredible. You get shot once in the head, you are dead. You get shot 2-3 times in the chest, you are dead. The gun models are incredible and the maps are aesthetically(spelling?) stunning.

Anyways, to get back on topic. CS sucks. Period.
Ikana

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-02-02 02:17, the_avenger wrote:

Infiltration is on TFC???

LOL. I said that? Oops. I meant ut.

Personally, the realsism tends to frighten me more than anger me. It's because I know that just anyone can just run up behind me and one burst to the back and I'm dead, just like that if I'm not careful. It's not like tfc where the worse it gets is a sniper round to the back or CS where it's all luck if your shot hits anyway.

Yeah... Infiltration actually takes skill. My favorite loadout is MP5 and M16 and two nades, though I will sometimes sub mp5 for berretta. Mmm... INF...
BigCaulk69

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know everyone has their lines with what they find offensive, and i'm not here to dictate that. anyhow...i don't think there is any difference between any sort of abortion, whether it be with a coat hanger or a doctors tools. and i guess it opens up a whole other topic on morality of names (eg a general that fought on behalf of slavery errr states rights or someone who's name could be considered racially offensive with porch monkey or even my name). but this place isn't a democracy and i will pass on the message to him.
Robbie

Ikana

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Robert E. Lee was America's greatest general ever, and he was personally against slavery. He fought for the South because that's where all his buddies were.

As for the names thing, I think common sense works well enough. Your name implies what is intended to be implied, BigCaulk, but it doesn't cause me to mentally picture such a thing because that is not what I associate with you, and it is not overly graphic.

However, Coat Hanger Abortion, that produces some very vivid images indeed, especially since I am against abortion anyway, and that is the most graphic way to do that...

The real problem is that we asked him several times to change it. All he did was change it to coathangerabort**n. That is no better at all. It still produces those graphic images. He refused to change it from there.

I would like to see him play with a different name because his name is the only thing that has bothered me about him.
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that.

[ This Message was edited by: Snaggletooth on 2002-02-02 13:01 ]
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snaggle this is neither the time nor the place to go posting stuff like that - it'll only spark some sorta argument (I know this from experience of starting such an argument).

Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! I know you people are not going to talk about this subject here!! Keep your opinions to yourselves! This is definately NOT a forum for that sort of discussion. No one cares how any of you feel about the subject. Especially me. Having that name or talking about it here is just not right at all. Let it go. Please.

[ This Message was edited by: Kjeldorian Royal Guard on 2002-02-02 12:50 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Kjeldorian Royal Guard on 2002-02-02 12:52 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Kjeldorian Royal Guard on 2002-02-02 17:21 ]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: