FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
See why safety is key?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loka

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
People make mistakes. Fortunately this guy did not die, and hopefully he will learn from this mistake. It is easy for us to say that someone deserves to get into an accident when you don't know them, but would you say that if your best friend or a family member made the same mistake? I know I wouldn't....

Yes. Both my uncles were in a motorcycle accident no helmets suffered minor injuries. No license or learners permit, and you best believe I don't look up to them. Their drunks. Now their in jail.

Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JtH wrote:
Mike wrote:
JtH wrote:
i live in pittsburgh

and no offense, whether you like Roethlisberger or not, but not feeling bad for an accident is immature and rude.

regardless of his actions he is still a human being, and therefore deserves your best wishes and prayers.

so if Osama bin laden got into a mororcycle accident, you would wish and pray for him to live?

If you couldn't tell from the guy shot at while playing wow thread, I like many other people in this thread, have no sympathy for stupidity.

If you're stupidbenough to speed on a motorcycle without a helmet in the middle of a city, then you deserve to get into a bad accident. THe worst is, he could have killed some innocent person in a car or a pedestrian. This is why i hate those morons who race on crowded streets and highways. It's as just as bad a drunk driving.

Sometimes it upsets me that people who do things this stupid are able to be saved by modern medicine just so they can do something stupid again.

first off, comparing Roeth to Osama bin Laden is ignorant in and of itself.

Secondly, people make mistakes. What makes you a good person is to be able to look past those mistakes and still see that, like everyone else, at the core of things are a person.

These people have family, lives, friends, goals and ambitions. I will not condemn anyone merely because they do not wear a helmet.

Thirdly, if you guys would do more research into it, you would find that the accident was not caused by Roeth but rather the woman that he ran into. I have driven that intersection many times and its a tough one. She made a left hand turn while Roeth had the right of way. She didn't look to make sure the intersection was clear.

Lastly, none of you have any room to talk if you do not wear a seatbelt while driving, which im sure some of you do not. Same exact thing.

Instead of bashing him, maybe you should hope that he has learned his lesson.

(I wear a seatbelt and always tell others to as well)

Defining what a good person is and does is ignorant in and of itself. Sure, good people can forgive mistakes, but this wasn't really a mistake that you could "forgive" so-to-say, as it only affected himself. It was just blatent stupidity. And no matter how good a heart I may or may not have, I cannot feel sorry for anyone that chooses to not wear a helmet.
Even when a friend of mine died without a helmet, I was like, "I'm sorry you're dead, but, what did you expect?"

And it doesn't really matter who caused the accident, unless I suppose you're looking for someone to blame. I don't blame the R-man. I'm just calling him stupid.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm where to start......

- i always wear my seatbelt.
- i always have all my gear on when on the motorcycle.

ok, so yesterday i drove to paris plage, toquet in France. ~250 miles back and forth.
+100F, and i wore my helmet, leather gloves, leather 2 piece suit, ridingboots.

i don't like warm weather to begin with, i sweat easily. still i wore all that gear yesterday. and hell, was it hot!

i'll tell you something, if you ride a motorcycle you take an extra risk. as a rider it is something that you have to be aware of. if you drive a car, you have a cage to protect you. on a motorcycle you have nothing except the gear you wear.

you can go down any time, by your own mistake or by that of somebody else. i wear my gear because i like my skin where it is.

the guy is old enough to make his own disicions.
I certainly do not wish him an accident because he rides without gear, but even as a fellow rider no best wishes or prayers from me.
he decided to ride without any gear, now he has to pay for his mistake and i hope he learned his lesson.
(all his injuries are to his head, with a helmet the only thing he might of had was a concussion.)
Mike

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JtH wrote:

first off, comparing Roeth to Osama bin Laden is ignorant in and of itself.

well your reason for forgiving him was that he was a human being, is Osama not one?

JtH wrote:

These people have family, lives, friends, goals and ambitions. I will not condemn anyone merely because they do not wear a helmet.

I will, riding a motorcycle without a helmet is one of the stupidest things you can do. He even went as far as doing it in the city.

JtH wrote:

Thirdly, if you guys would do more research into it, you would find that the accident was not caused by Roeth but rather the woman that he ran into. I have driven that intersection many times and its a tough one. She made a left hand turn while Roeth had the right of way. She didn't look to make sure the intersection was clear.

it doesn't matter, everyone knows that accidents can be caused by anyone at any time. It's still his fault he didn't wear a helmet.

JtH wrote:

Lastly, none of you have any room to talk if you do not wear a seatbelt while driving, which im sure some of you do not. Same exact thing.

I do wear my seatbelt. Also, being unbuckled in a car and not wearing a helmet while riding a motorcycle are alot different. being on a motorcycle during an accident without a helmet is like standing in the middle of the road, you have no protection. Sometimes it can be even worse then standing in the middle of the road because you're moving on the bike.

JtH wrote:

Instead of bashing him, maybe you should hope that he has learned his lesson.

I'm doing both.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway, it was foolish for him to ride without a helmet. I hope he learned his lesson. I wouldn't wish an accident on anybody.

I still don't understand the connection to Osama bin Laden, though. Not wearing a helmet and intentionally killing thousands of people are a little different...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mike

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
Anyway, it was foolish for him to ride without a helmet. I hope he learned his lesson. I wouldn't wish an accident on anybody.

I still don't understand the connection to Osama bin Laden, though. Not wearing a helmet and intentionally killing thousands of people are a little different...

his reason for forgiving him was that he was a human being, i was trying to show him that you shouldn't just forgive anyone just because they're a human.

off topic, but cobra, if you like taking long trips to tracks, have you considered going to the nurburgring? I'm not sure about the exact distance so it might be too far. I'm also not sure if it's any good with a motorcycle, but they're tons of videos of drives around it on the net so you could see if it looks like fun.
JtH

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did it become our job to judge people?

Last i heard that was God's job, not ours.

Therefore, my prayers and best wishes go to anyone that was in an accident regardless of the circumstances.

Maybe that's just wishful thinking but if we all thought that way the world would be a better place.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm lacking 2 things right now to go to the nurburgring or another track for that matter.

time and money.

trackdays cost a lot of money, not including renting a trailer or van, gas, food, tires, hotel if necassary, ................
and in case i crash i'm gonna need a ton of money to by a new bike or repair the current one if the frame isn't bend.
all my ridingbuddies say i'm a great rider but i know myself, if i get on a track i'm gonna be pushing my limits. so a wreck is possible

and then theres time...... try getting a week or even a day of when your chef and there's nobody around who can take your place........
SwEeTLuScIouSGaNjA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JtH wrote:
i live in pittsburgh

and no offense, whether you like Roethlisberger or not, but not feeling bad for an accident is immature and rude.

regardless of his actions he is still a human being, and therefore deserves your best wishes and prayers.

Well said..amd thank you for saying it..

-GaNjA

Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love
-Lao Tzu-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
LJ

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still stand by my first post... This is no different than a darwin award winner.

Jack, honestly, have you ever laughed or at least found any of the darwin awards amusing? If so then you're being a hypocrite right now
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if you find some darwin awards funny, you can still feel bad for the person.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LJ

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

of course
Blown

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwEeTLuScIouSGaNjA wrote:
JtH wrote:
i live in pittsburgh

Well said..amd thank you for saying it..

-GaNjA

I'm with you on this. It was a dumb thing, but heck, its no better than all the harley guys running around with that little cap on thier head that they call a helmet.

How about the clowns on these new flying innertubes that think its a good idea to do 40mph, fly at 20-30 feet in the air and then fall off and think its not going to HURT.

Anyhow, I get at what your saying about Osama and I guess some are too dense to get what you meant. lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
DarkTemplar316

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like how heated this debate is. it is entertaining.
Richter-
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JtH wrote:
When did it become our job to judge people?

Last i heard that was God's job, not ours.

Let's not bring God into this. Last time he showed his face was...

Yeah that's what I thought.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: