FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
avalanche stacking
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asdfman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hate axis on ava.. i dont like the upper views.. im more of a ground lvl trooper.. haha
bullseye lespaul
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frosty1 wrote:
LJ, I have seen this problem since I started playing DOD. Can you say nade spam, (The best way to have a better kill to death ratio). I would rather play allies on Avalanche( Nothing more satisfying than an Allied win)
The problem I have and always will with dod_avalanche is that allies always stop,prone or camp the first capture point. Causing nade spam to become more effective for the axis. Team work is the key, to at least a stalemate when playing against a "Stacked" team.

well put frosty! im back and im always allies so axis bring it on!
FragFailure

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teamstacking has been as issue since the days of TFC. We'd have clans stacking while playing under aliases. They thought they were slick.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
LJ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

squidly wrote:
And I will add more, to a certain level, it has to be sometime slightly unbalanced!!! Wouldn't that be a little boring if all the map and team were always perfectly balanced??? All the action would happen at the middle flag and none will never win!!! Don't you like hearing your team song after a win???

Not asking for perfect balance. And to be honest, you weren't a person that I was considering when making this post. It's been very noticable that lately there's been a problem with avalanche and certain people always going axis to go for 100 kills by nade spamming the allied road.

Like you said, "don't you like hearing your team song after a win?". Well, these people are avoiding winning when they could easily do it because they just want to continue nade spamming. Winning slows them down.

squidly wrote:
It is not worst on avalanche than any other map where allies has a strong advantage due to the map (or because more skillfull prefer playing as allies on a particular map).

There are quite a few defense vs offense maps where the defense has a huge advantage. As innocent said, there's a big difference when neither team is just on 1 duty. Of those maps I can't think of any that come even close to how bad avalanche can get. Yes, I realize that you mentioned stats and how one team significantly won over another on flash. But, that's over time and at least to me, it isn't something that's obvious in game. On avalanche it's very obvious when certain players are going on axis to nade spam.

squidly wrote:
And finally, concerning the supposedly "stat whoreness" of some player, I don't wanna say that there is no such type of player but I'm just asking myself a small question. I don't know which is worst... The guy who choose is team according to the player skill already signed-in in order to have a 100-0 k/d ratio or the guy who is complaining because he sometime obtain a neg ratio because supposedly, of team stacking!!! Isn't it showing that this person could be himself a stat whore???

Not everyone is playing to increase their stats. I often change teams to even up when I could easily just stay on a stacked team and go for a better kill/death ratio.

And I highly doubt anyone takes those rankings seriously. I enjoy checking out the weapon statistics and seeing how often I killed certain people. But, I take it all with a huge grain of salt. Sure, someone that tends to camp or snipe all the time will have a good kill/death ratio. But, that doesn't make that person better than someone with a lower kill/death ratio. Take gator for example. He could go 40 and 30 one map then go 20/35 the next map. But, you know that guy is gonna try hard every single time and be a big contributer to the team. I'd much rather have him on my team than someone that just moves from camp spot to camp spot to get a good kill/death ratio.
Cake
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i read almost all of what everyone said but i did skim some, so if somebody already mentioned this then sorry about the repetition

i also auto-assign every single time, on every map. i think the problem is that most newbies select allies. when people start playing the game, most of them pick allies because they want to be the "good guys" and they don't want to be a "nazi". a lot of them are also obsessed with the thompson, and new snipers always prefer the allied sniper rifle because the scope is easier to use and new machine gunners prefer the mg40 because the ammo box is enormous. i would even imagine that a lot of them think the allied uniform looks better and so they pick them for that reason. after they start out their DOD experience by picking allies, it's a habit that they keep for months i would guess. so the result is that a lot of the lesser skilled people choose allies (on every map, not just avalanche) and then the rest of us who hit auto-assign get axis. i would say i literally auto-assign to axis around 90% of the time.

the problem is just a lot more noticeable on a map like avalanche which is not very balanced.
v.o.c

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i always play allie on everymap unless teams become uneven of allies have more players when i join, ava is in my opinion stacked heavily towards axis as fighting down hill is allways easier, but it does only take a couple of the attack minded players on allie to at least prolong the game 4 or 5 skilled players working together can often do enough to drag the rest of the team with them even against a fairly stacked team. although im not a reallygood player i am attack minded and will usually manage to find someone else to work with, i enjoy ava 90% of the time even against a stacked team as i like the challange

www.3foottall.com
oXo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all ...

Sorry for me jumping in so far down the line ... but I've been in South Africa for the last couple of weeks and I didn't have an internet connection (so that is why you haven't been seeing me on Ava)

My name was mentioned a few times as well as the 100+ kills ... so for the record, from my point, I just want to mention something:

On Ava I've never stopped from capping the last flag just to make more kills ...
(1) there is no sense in running down there if you're alone
(2) actually getting the last flag helps you get more kills since you can do the corner nade the start of the next round.

Most of the time I've gotten a +/- 100 kills on Ava I've been in the top 3 or so for flag caps too ... and I'm not boasting ... just explaining my game play in that I'm not camping to get try and get a 100 kills.

I actually didn't realize that it was seen as a issue ...

The last couple of times I've played Ava, I actually enjoyed playing against the skilled guys on Allies, since they made it really tough to play my game play on Ava.

The last time I played Ava and got a 100+ kills, I actually told some of the guys on there that next time I'll play Allies , because I want to get better at allies side.

So the next time I play (in a couple of weeks back from SA) you'll see me on the Allies side on Ava, because the last thing I want to do is spoil other peoples fun ... and I didn't know that always playin on Axis was doing that

I'll still play Axis every now and then but not the whole time.

So ... let's have some fun and I'll see you guys ina couple of weeks.

Thanks
oXo

PS: If you reply and I don't reply ... I'm not ignoring you ... I'm in 56k baud South Africa
The Tiju

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally hate playing this map...its honestly no fun nemore cause if you are on the axis side it gets annoying because the allies dont try to attack and just camp. if you are on the allies side you try to attack urself but a wall of nades come down on you and u can't do nething about it. I personally feel that the best way to solve the problem is to induce action from the allies. This map is allie based, if the allies dont attack they get CRUSHED, so if the allies attack then the map is just much much more fun

"Never Fear The Tiju is Here"
.Bez

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright boys...i didn't read all of your postes but i got a small idea...and i am on allies a lot on this map and sometimes yes it is nade spammed but are we forgetting the house? You can climb the ladder and walk across the arch and get into the house...OMG NO NADES!!!! i know that it can be camped by axis but that is were the shotting skill comes in. And i guess i can let you in on a secret of mine....go un into the house by the main sniper window...prime a nade off the wall, use arrows to go left, throw nade, and go right...you are exposed for about .0000003 seconds and you can get your nade almost anywhere on the left side of mid...my complaint is when one team is obviously winning (about every 60secs) and no one evens out the teams...
bullseye lespaul
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="v.o.c"]i always play allie on everymap unless teams become uneven of allies have more players when i join, ava is in my opinion stacked heavily towards axis as fighting down hill is allways easier, but it does only take a couple of the attack minded players on allie to at least prolong the game 4 or 5 skilled players working together can often do enough to drag the rest of the team with them even against a fairly stacked team. although im not a reallygood player i am attack minded and will usually manage to find someone else to work with, i enjoy ava 90% of the time even against a stacked team as i like the challange[/qu
right! i play allies on ava and love it when we r down, it creates a good challenge!
Richter-
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
I always auto-assign and end up on axis...

I always auto assign and end up on Allies....hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

LJ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter- wrote:
Stevo wrote:
I always auto-assign and end up on axis...

I always auto assign and end up on Allies....hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I usually auto assign and when I do it's axis about 75% of the time. Except flugplatz, I almost always auto assign allies on that map.
The Tiju

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont like auto assign that much at all...usually if u click on one of the teams and it is full then it wont let u join...i basically keep clicking until it lets me join the team that i want...i dont do this to stack the teams but rather the fact that i like certain teams on certain maps. Like i enjoy allies much more than axis on Charlie...i also like Axis on flugplatz than allies...and i like allies on glider. On the rare occasion that i do auto assign...i usually do end up on the AXIS though...

"Never Fear The Tiju is Here"
Malanthros

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may have seen me yell "EVA STACKS!" multiple times, but I'm always just kidding around.

Frankly, I like a stacked team. I dont like uneven teams in terms of numbers, but stacked? So what?

This is probably because i'm more of a power player, I know thats conceited but I'm pretty sure other people have listed me as on before, but I like having Squirrel, Frosty and Inno coming at me at the same time, and me taking them all, or even one of them out. I have a great time doing that on any map.

I'm sure its a little harder though when it comes to the newbies, or less skilled players. Squirrel is a handful to deal with by himself. If I was new to the game, he's the person I'd avoid at all costs. And I guess having him and a constant slew of other good players coming at me and my newb team, I'd be upset too.

Oh well, a little overpowered competition only forces you to get better. Keep practicing, and you'll be pwning them in no time! GO FOR IT!! QUIT YOUR JOBS!! ONLY PLAY DOD!!! MAL GIBSON FTW!

Thank you Loka for helping me realize my dream of having a Sig.
Cake
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mal have you considered politics?
in the yukon?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: