FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Which is better Unteroffizer or Master Sargeant
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shockwave
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have scoured all forums that I know of and the internet, but could not find all weapon profile on recoil, accuracy and such. It is assumed that the developers of the maps may be able to find this information out, but right now it just can't be found.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's true, they're the same gun. So in reality it just depends on what kind of day you're having.

And if you need stats, go to the official site... you can get info on most of the guns there.

CarbinE

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally like the Master Seargant more because its a sweet gun
Kahlan Amnell
Queen of Spam

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums CarbinE

http://ctprofiles.net/799963
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
CarbinE

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you :hb:
vTEC
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey Carbine...good to see you signed up in the forums...im looking foward to playing with you in game
CarbinE

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great, i basically always play at Ville IV #Beer
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like both guns, but I'd have to say I like MS better just because I love Thompsons in real life.
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Master Sargent. In fact..if I'm playing an Unter and I get the chance to I'll pick up the dropped MS weapon in a heartbeat. Not only for the fun of killing enemies with their own weapons...but I like that gun better.
leov7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally like the MP40 better, somehow I feel like it more control and less kicking than the Thompson. It's just my opinion. :hb:
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this si off of planet half-life

Thompson wrote:

Operation: Automatic
Caliber: .45 ACP
Capacity: 30 round box magazine
Weight: 11 lbs
Damage: Moderate
Accuracy: Medium
Recoil: Moderate

Ah, yes. My baby. The "Trench Broom" (as it was originally designed in WWI so that America's Doughboys would have an easy time clearing out the enemy trench when they crossed it) is my weapon of choice when playing on the Allied Forces. A combination of the generous 30-round clip, low recoil, and high RoF equates to mucho pain inflicted on the poor sap you're sighting.

When aiming with this gun at mid-range, generally, he should be in the middle of your middle crosshair line, or a little lower than that. So, if you want to hit the guy in the head, aim for his chest. The kick on this gun will ensure he won't have either by the third or fourth round that leaves the barrel. Advancing with this gun is a dream -- I have often charged an enemy line with a Thompson in my hands and come out the victor, with two or three bodies to my name.

One thing you -- and oftentimes, I -- do have to remember though is SHOOT 'TILL HE'S DEAD. Often, I'll squeeze off six or seven rounds into a guy, and think, "well, this offs most guys I come across," only to see him level his gun and almost mockingly look at me and say, "Well, it didn't off me!"

If you're looking to pop someone at distance, what I do is crouch down, aim a little low, and empty my clip. The bullets spread very little -- once you know how to control its recoil -- so that it generally takes care of the target.

CQB is what this gun was designed for, though. Three words: Spray and Pray.

Game Tips: The Tommygun can be devestating at short range – aim low and fire in long bursts – the recoil will drag your fire upwards across your target.

mp40 wrote:

Operation: Automatic
Caliber: 9mm Parabellum
Capacity: 31 round box magazine
Weight: 8.7 lbs
Damage: Moderate
Accuracy: Medium
Recoil: Moderate

Perhaps the German response to the M1A1, The MP40 has a smaller round, but bigger clip -- 32 rounds -- and comparable -- if not smaller -- kick than the Thompson.

MP40 tactics almost mirror those of the M1A1, though I have to admit, I have seen pros drop targets with this gun faster and easier than their American counterpart.

Again, at mid-to-short-range, keep the crosshair in the middle, and you can't go wrong.

Game Tips: Like the Tommygun, the MP40 is one of the few guns that can be used effectively on the run – although accuracy is poor while moving, the MP40’s volume of fire will usually keep it effective.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: