FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
HOW do stats affect the way you play TFC?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rata-tat-tat
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2002 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Greebo admit it ur all washed up LOL. I play mostly to get on the front to for the same reason as Greeb. Less scrolling to see kills the better. When i get 5000 kills I need to be on the front so I can flaunt it at everyone. But im not sure that will happen with me going back to college. I was hoping it would have stats this week so I could hit 5000. But I dont have luck so thats the way the cookie crumbles I guess.
stupid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2002 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to go check stats to see how many rpg kills i have, or how man sgs ive killed. I dont really care about the ranking stuff though. For me, I try to have the highest team score for the map, I've noticed that if you play to try and make your team win your stats will follow. Although I think one stat that I OWN is most deaths, I think I've got that stat cornered lol.
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2002 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-01-10 22:51, Chen Kenichi wrote:
I don't get the difference but here is a quote from JohnDoe, "What it really comes down to is that its impossible to police the lower respawn area, and thats why we allow the spamming."

Right, that quote applys to the lower respawn in Avanti only. Spamming any other respawn area is not allowed, and that applys to all maps, not just Avanti.

JD
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2002 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some weeks I will play for stats. I can get in the top 20 and sometimes top 10 but the top 5 is beyond me. My main problem is dieing, haha go figure. It's the stray gernades that seem to get me.
Most of the time I'll just play. Charge and die. I'll change class or team as needed. I'm happy if I stay on the front page but if not, no big deal.

Here is a little unsolicatated advice for you family people. If someone comes up and talks to you immediatly hit your exit button and speak to them. When your done with them renter your game. Your stats wont suffer and your family will "Love You" for it.
FingerDemon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2002 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I generally just play how I want, but I do like to look at stats later. I love to see who I have killed most and how I do with particular weapons and am sinfully proud of myself if I get a Daily Award. (I actually save the html file of the page showing my name with the award, isn't that pathetic?)

I like to see how I do in total kills as well. On the weeks I play regularly, I generally am in the top 100 for number of kills. My skill rating however, sometimes suffers terribly due to the way I play. I stick with my team even if they're losing. I don't suicide to avoid getting killed. And I am generally best at putting myself in the thick of a fight and making trouble for the enemy team. (Not the best tactic for long term survival)

But that's okay, I don't need to be POTW to be happy. I just want to be a potential threat to a POTW on the other team.

As for family interruptions, Roof... My wife likes to come up and tickle me or mess around with my keyboard when I'm playing. LOL
I guess you could say I "love" her for it. But then I make fun of her pretty ruthlessly for her obsession with office supplies, so I guess we can call it even.

FingerDemon
{db} Finger

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2002 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obsession to office supplies eh?

Although I do love stats and i'm generally trying to help my ratio, I find that being cautious and standing back deosnt do much good. You never get as many kills and it gets kind of boring and stressful when you die.

Its much more fun to charge into the fray relentlessly; super shotgun in hand and primed grenades... (although the thought of stats still runs through my head)
Blown

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2002 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only time I really try to play for stats is the couple times ive been ranked higher than 10th. Usually when I do that it get all messed up and drop like a rock. haha.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
FragFailure

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2002 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My goal when I play is

1 - To be the best on that server for each round (most kills and best ratio)
2 - To be a difference-maker. Help my team in being the difference between winning and losing.
3 - Make snipers and engies play on their heels. It makes a difference in how your team does.
4 - I don't accept playing on clueless or selfish teams.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Shootakill

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2002 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I play i'll usually just ask the team what role needs to be filled. Usually I'll end up going medic, heal people, infect, die, repeat. It's a good simple strategy. Or I'll spy, engie, whatever for one round, then snipe the next(or whatever i wanna play) so i can help out the team and still get to do what im best at.
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have my day rata, I'll have my day

BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play a combination... whatever my team is lacking, that's what I'll usually play... but I still try to get better than 1:1 kill ratio...

I think the most fun I've had on avanti games is when the defense stiffens at cap 3... I like those drag-out, nasty seiges... the games when it's a cap-competition (no defense) are just boring, but they make your stats look all pretty and stuff *shrug*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FingerDemon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey another Finger in the house. I guess that means we can double the number of gestures we can make now. And count twice as high. Give me a yell when you are playing sometime Finger and we can mulch. And may the best Finger win. Although, given my mulch performances that probably won't be me. Oh well, I need the practice.

FingerDemon (he's the older, good looking Finger)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: