FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MUST KILL
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clay Pigeon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you tweak adaware 6.0 settings it works a lot better. Also, check your windows directory for rather large files that look out of place with strange extensions. Those usually are disguised cabinet files that contain adware ready to be reinstalled if you delete the existing installation.
Twisted29

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're still having problems, go download the latest version of HijackThis.exe

Its a great app to help remove adware
Mike

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

use firefox, and this would of never happened in the first place

oh and if you still wana use IE u might wana try AdWatch it stops web installiations and regestry changes and some popups you have to pay for it but its ok, u can get it at the lavasoft site
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My computer is always running around 50 processes. Is that too many?

Oh and has anyone heard of something that puts a ConfigSys folder in you Windows folder? I had it on my computer and it was making things pop up on my computer. When I deleted it, it just came back with more popups. I just replaced the folder with a blank file called ConfigSys to block it, but does anyone know how to get rid of this?

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
[HALO]MasterChief

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use ie and dont get much. i have adaware, spybot, and pest patrol. i also have the symantec anti virues stuff.

but then again i also dont visit many sites that seem like they would have that bad stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get rid of everthing myself using adaware, trend micro's housecall, and a keen eye for file creation and modification dates. That is really all you need.
Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok well i fixed the comp problem for the most part its was mainly a virus that i didnt catch....but i got it and now my comp is being nice again. thanks for your help but so far no good on my mouse it still randomly goes out so i have no clue whats going on with it.... but so far one down one to go

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Paradise Lost

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually ad-aware programs look for different things, I use three different ones, plus Maxthon www.maxthon.com, which my buddy and I think is a WHOLE lot better than Firefox (this could just be our general opinion).

Even though we use it, and it has its own pop-up blocker built in, you still get those crazy adware popups, and I use:
Ad-Aware 6.0 build 181 (the newest)
Spybot Search and Destroy 1.3 (newest)
Webroot Spysweeper 4.0

All of these can be found at www.download.com. They all seem to pick up on different things. But, son of a bitch, I still get pop-ups when I play Day of Defeat that lag the hell out of me till they finally do pop-up and take me out of the game.

Spoiled Milk, the other white meat.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: