FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Truth!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mostly Harmless :/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ten Yard wrote:
That's damn right Req. I've got a friend who mostly refuses to play at The Ville because he says "I always seem to do so crappy...". Hehe, I wonder why!

Well we both know the answer to that now don't we.
Ten

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Errrrr... err...

Er. There is just no good way out of this one is there?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no there isn't.

I wonder if you'd even be sporting the guild tag you have now if had a ping rate that's as unstable as my own seems to be with all of the Ville's servers.
I like the competition on these servers (although I'd be tempted to call the Sajaks's pure evil, especially with a BAR in their hands) and I know I'm a good enough player that I can compete with the likes of many regs...although I'd be far from being the best.
All the skills in the world won't save you when your ping rate spikes from 100 to 500, and a guy with a BAR comes popping round at that exact moment. Honestly it feels like I'm playing with dial up sometimes, and not cable, at times it's frustarting.
I couldn't give a flying fsck at a rolling doughnut about my stats, it's kind of neat to go and look at all the different stats like how accurate I was, where I shot people, who I shot the most, ect. But I don't care about my stats that I'd leave a game just because I'm having a bad match. I don't care about my rank statswise, I play the game to have fun.
There are times when I do get a stable ping (usually steady at 100) sans spikes o' lag, but usually it's late at night (or early in the morning depending upon how you look at it) and there are just bots and a few mediocre players on.
Kazebari
Official Mall Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mostly Harmless wrote:

I like the competition on these servers (although I'd be tempted to call the Sajaks's pure evil, especially with a BAR in their hands) and I know I'm a good enough player that I can compete with the likes of many regs...although I'd be far from being the best.
All the skills in the world won't save you when your ping rate spikes from 100 to 500, and a guy with a BAR comes popping round at that exact moment. Honestly it feels like I'm playing with dial up sometimes, and not cable, at times it's frustarting.
I couldn't give a flying fsck at a rolling doughnut about my stats, it's kind of neat to go and look at all the different stats like how accurate I was, where I shot people, who I shot the most, ect. But I don't care about my stats that I'd leave a game just because I'm having a bad match. I don't care about my rank statswise, I play the game to have fun.
There are times when I do get a stable ping (usually steady at 100) sans spikes o' lag, but usually it's late at night (or early in the morning depending upon how you look at it) and there are just bots and a few mediocre players on.

I feel bad for you, and would like you to know that you're not alone. However...

Quote:
I wonder if you'd even be sporting the guild tag you have now if had a ping rate that's as unstable as my own seems to be with all of the Ville's servers.

I don't see how an unstable ping rate is any detriment to being accepted into <TVB>. Borg and I were both accepted into this guild with 56k modems.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reason I raised that issue was because I don't think Ted would be doing as well as he is now if he had to play with the same lag, and he might be in the same boat I am.

Sorry, but the fact that he implied that I was scared to play on the Ville's servers cos I'm scared of the 1337ness of its reg players irks me because it's false, he knows why I don't play in the Villes servers regularily.
Ten

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gwar, well Dan - I posted that before you showed me how whack your ping really was the other day. I simply didn't think it was possible for servers to behave in such a way as long as you have a decent connection. I never used to entirely believe that it was actually why you didn't play here I'll admit that. But you never ever really did poorly by any means, I just assumed you didn't want to play here for a different reason. You really should check your stats though, you're above 3.0.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleh, whatever my stats are under this new name really mean nothing as the majority of those kills have been against some rather lukewarm players, and a couple of bots I played last night. Some of the bots were better than the actual players too.
Tonight I played a couple of rounds in dod_flash and dod_avalanche had a much more regular performance and hovered around a 2:1 ratio my ping wasn't too horrid, it only spiked up to 300 once.
Given time I'm sure that my current ratio will lower if I play more in these servers, and as long as I don't get horrendous lag, I'll play here more often...I like the comp.
sgt stutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mostly Harmless wrote:
Quote:
I play the game to have fun.

Thats what the Ville's about glad to here it.

Mostly Harmless wrote:
Quote:

<TVB> Does not recruit into the guild based on skill, it's all about Values.
www.thevillebrotherhood.org <---Visit the Web site take a look around.

In brief:

Quote:
Thus following these values, Sportsmanship, Honor, and Hospitality, we as members of The Ville Brotherhood will ensure that everyone has a great time while visiting our home and we will give an example so that others can aspire to have the wealth of friendship and happiness that we as TVB are privileged to possess.

~JohnCarterofMars

P.S. Welcome to the forums Mostly Harmless hope to see ya in game. and as far as Ten Yard goes, don't have a clue how he got into TVB.

J/K Ten Yard

click--><eVa>SuperGreg

R.I.P Trigger Happy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, thanks for the info stutter, I wasn't too familiar with guilds, clans and what the deal was in general beyond what little Ten Yard has told me.
sgt stutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mostly Harmless wrote:
Quote:
what little Ten Yard has told me.

You know somthing we don't, or is that what his wife/girlfreind told you.

click--><eVa>SuperGreg

R.I.P Trigger Happy
Ten

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes... how did I get into TVB? I think it was some kind of miscommunication involving an aging goat, a prosthetic, a cactus and an '80's cell phone.

Actually Dan, there are three guilds: =USV=, <TVB> and .TVR. And : | <--- only I belong to that one. Other people could join in the Stare guild... I guess. :\
Shovel me Silly

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ten Yard wrote:
Actually Dan, there are three guilds: =USV=, <TVB> and .TVR. And : | <--- only I belong to that one. Other people could join in the Stare guild... I guess. :\

I would join the stare guild, but my name is already too long. The only big requirements for the TVR guild that I recently joined is that you are a regular on the forums here and a regular at the servers for any of the games played here.

Mostly Harmless wrote:

The competition here is excellent. You don't have to worry about the Sajak's though, they have been banned from the servers here and it most likely will never be lifted. I don't know how you could say they are pure evil though, I always got along with them. Even if they did own me when I played against them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ten

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, joining a guild really has nothing to do with striking talent. I'd say that your K : D or flag caps are the last criteria on the list. They're superseeded by your general involvement in The Ville community.

If you're a good sportsman, a regular at the forums and offer something positive to the Ville community you'll eventually be considered for induction to one of the three guilds. But that's not to say that you absolutely need to be in absolute perfect behavior at all times, I know that I haven't been. But that's something practically everyone could work on - especially myself.

As for the Sajaks - I think they simply pushed everything to the limit behavior-wise. They weren't necessarily a positive addition to games here. They tended to change the mood complexion of every game they played in. Personally, I liked Pat. He was a funny guy (borderline annoying at times) but he had a lot of personality. Near the end I got to know Frank a little bit - but before that we had a mutual distaste for each other. I simply don't know why he chose to behave the way he did because that's what screwed him over in the end. I don't think he was a hacker (.... maybe a shrink hitbox hack but I've never had a problem hitting him. It's just he always hit me first) but for accuracy and recoil I don't think so. He used a very high mouse sensitivity - and if you've ever tried a 10 or 11 a BAR feels like a Thompson - but your rifle handling is severely hidered. A high sensitivity simply drives me insane - I can't stand the zippy nature of your view. I use a 3.9.

But I still think their banning was justified. You simply can't bring that sort of behavior into a place like The Ville. The best thing about this place is the atmosphere. Screwing with it simply isn't acceptible.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: