FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
C & C needed
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C & C = Comments and Critics.
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another up date (see the first pic). Ive dirtied up parts of the texture some more, and started to work on the sides of the gun... Though that still requires work.
Azrael

Location: Cuba, you got someting to say about dat mang!?!? Guild: TVB

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tater, It looks pretty good. Why does the texture around the handgrips change when you get closer to the flash suppressor? As far as putting duct tape on our rifles, yes, we do (at least us wacky marines) While grip tape would be practical, duct tape allows us to identify our rifles easily, so you could even use duct tape as a texture (though it should be lighter), and then write someone's name, rifle serial #, and other fun stuff on it to give it that used feel. Also, we definitely use weapons that are all scratched up. If we didn't we wouldn't be able to use any weapons at all . We also sometimes put tape right where the stock of the weapon meets the upper receiver, it helps to cut down on the amount of gas that escapes right next to your eye every time you fire, which sucks balls when it happens. Like I said earlier though, looks real good!
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good!

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Azrael

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, one thing I didn't notice before is the flash suppressor. It's not one solid piece at the end of the rifle. There are little slits along the top that help to disperse the flash when you fire. They run in the same direction as the barrel. And also, right below the front sight tip, there should be a small squarish protrusion under the barrel, that's where we attach the bayonet, not really important, unless you plan on having a section in your game where you have to fix bayonets and have at the enemy!
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The texture towards the flash supressor? What part do you mean? Im kinda lost, is it the tape upfront by the guard? Ill post another update, going to remove the crappy dirt from the weapon.
Azrael

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, I was talking about the tape I think. Was wondering why that part was there, but if it's tape, then that might explain it The other post is totally different though, the flash suppressor is what most would call the muzzle I guess, but to us it's a flash suppressor.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azrael wrote:
yeah, I was talking about the tape I think. Was wondering why that part was there, but if it's tape, then that might explain it The other post is totally different though, the flash suppressor is what most would call the muzzle I guess, but to us it's a flash suppressor.

It's where the barrel gets wider at the tip. There should be slots around it running in the same direction of the barrel.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I realise what I flash supressor is and what it does but the whole texture thing had me confused. Theres some cuts in there - in the texture map - but it appeasrs that it blends too well with the background for the barrel.

Ill post up another update with a fix soon.
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, heres a close look at the FS - I realise that thee should be see through areas however the programs I have dont seem to like transparency/alpha maps very much - they never seem to work (even when following a step-by-step tutorial for creating a map). I will darken the inside of the cuts soon.

Azrael

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool, the slots look good. Now that I can see the flash suppressor up close, there should be two small rings that run around it (perpendicular to the flash slots). I've never figured out what they're for, but they're there.
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your right I forgot those! I read that the rings were for attaching/holding better on the bayonets on earlier models - the A1/A2. Anyways, Ill work some more on it.
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I added the little rings - see the first Flash Supressor image above.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: