FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Ca Fire/Request Denied
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicoden wrote:
The three biggest factors in building or buying a home is, location location location.

What was the third one again??

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason people live there is because they enjoy being surrounded by nature and stuff. It's a good reason and they are willing to take the risk of fires for that. But it isn't a good reason to stay while everyone tells you to leave because of a fire. What are they planning on doing? Guarding their house from the fire?

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MuLiShA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpeCies wrote:
What do you mean by, How does this relate ? California floating away and turning into a communist country, or the Governor of Ca asking for help that our president denied ?

Kind of a crazy question isn't it ? I would think that both cases would involve our government big time don't you think ?

1) Bush denying federal aide to clear brush and rotten wood that isn't nothing but fuel for a accident waiting to happen.If our president did grant government funding for clear cutting and maintenence then maybe the fires range and the extent of it's damage might of been easier to contain! No Fuel=No fire !

2)Dude, California is F.E.M.A.'s poster child when it comes down to natural disasters. What would you call it if that entire state separated from the country as the entire western continent did from Australia more than a few million years ago. Both Gray Davis and Arnold would be both shitting bricks!

What's does all this have to do with our federal government you ask. I don't know you tell me MuLiSha ?

MuLiShA wrote:
Species, how does this relate to the federal government?

1. It was denied because it was a state matter, not a federal matter. As I recall, the Constitution would say it is a state's perogative to clear brush, not the federal government. No fuel does equal no fire, but again, this has nothing to do with the federal government.

2. Ok...what was your point here? What if California would be its own country? You tell me.

Again I ask, what does this have to do with the federal government? You have brought up no valid point, and do the typical Bush bashing that has become expected. I advise you to keep more informed in politics if you want to debate this, if not, take your unwarranted rants elsewhere.
SpeCies

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offense Optik! Nobody was bitching, moaning,complaining about squat in this thread at all. You are correct about fires happening and in the same sense wrong in another: Prevention whether it's cutting away the dead trees left behind by those Bark critters and dumped and set aside by the tons in the forests, Canyons, Ravines, out there by contractors, forestry service, and what ever mother nature decides to leave behind is the reason why that fire moved the way it did. Maybe if there was more bitching, what ifs, taken into consideration then possibly the marshmallow roast would not of consumed nearly as much around you and quite possibly your friends might still have their homes.

Where would this world be if we just turned our backs and did nothing as far as "Prevention" goes. Sure we just stay inside sitting on our asses just watching as the world burns down around us. Why because Fires happen ?

Damn if all of the people in california had your attitude towards the enviorment like yours OpTiK it's no wonder that it takes a catagory 7 earthquake to shake california off they're asses before action is taken.

That is just outright ridiculous!

You know, there are people who don't contribute shit here in these forums but sarcasm, pointing out mistakes of others, and it is really getting stale! Sure my grammar, spelling, edicut may not be at it's best, and for that matter, make any sense allot of the time, but it sure as hell beats only posting to slam somebody.. Why not be constructive and contribute something useful

OpTlk wrote:
Bitching and moaning about "what ifs" are just pointless IMO. How about we just drop the whole CA fires topic and move on as well...I sat in front of my TV for a week as my city was burning around me, friends of mine lost their houses...but I can tell straight up, they're sure as hell not bitching about clearing brush from the bark beatle infestation. (if anything its the lack of fire support)

ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus Species I guess you are not reading the posts. Where OpTik and I live there is no bark beatle responsible for our fires. We live in CHAPPAREL country. It gets really tireing when people who do not live here read some crap and then go on and on about it.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: