FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
ATI GFX Cards
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clay Pigeon wrote:
I heard that the 3.8 drivers are awesome. Also, the 9600xt comes with a coupon for a free copy of hl2.

I was gonna wait and get the 9800xt but I heard that it won't be a full copy. Kinda like when halflife first came out they had a cheap version of it that was missing a bunch of stuff. If your spending the extra money on the card just to get hl2 then don't

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I agree BRN. Besides thats IF HL2 COMES out in the next two years #Fist. I think Im going for the 9600 pro when I get my new comp - I dont have the loonies (like MJ) to spend on a 9700/9800.

<TVB>Potato
omgshovelyouinthebutt?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked with the dudes at Best Buy today and they said the 9800XT will be ready to roll witht he release on HL2 (which they say is the 27th of December). 400$ plus HL2, and if not, the 9600 or 9800 pro are great deals
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bright Red Nipples wrote:
Clay Pigeon wrote:
I heard that the 3.8 drivers are awesome. Also, the 9600xt comes with a coupon for a free copy of hl2.

I was gonna wait and get the 9800xt but I heard that it won't be a full copy. Kinda like when halflife first came out they had a cheap version of it that was missing a bunch of stuff. If your spending the extra money on the card just to get hl2 then don't

BRN, the copy of HL2 that comes with the cards will be a full version, the rumors of it being crippled are untrue.

Saw a 9800XT today for %618 Cdn, what a deal

JD

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pleased to inform you all that I managed to get the bugs out. I get 100 fps in tfc. I can actually set everything to max and still get that performance. Life is sweet. Pain in the ass? Yep. Worth it? Definatley. Thanks again for all your input. Kept me going when times were bleak.

MJ
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear it MJ

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for not answering your first question MJ I never noticed it. Ive heard the exact same thing about the card that you were having. But its all worked out now so thats good. 100FPS thats sweet. How do you figure out your FPS anyway?

<TVB>Potato
Meat Juice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I typed this command into the console Spud: net_graph 3. To shut it off: net_graph 0. Hope this helps.

MJ
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear MJ You can also use cl_showfps 1 and cl_showfps 0 to turn it off it gives you a better reading IMO

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ProudWhiteTrash

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bright Red Nipples wrote:
Clay Pigeon wrote:

I heard that this is incorrect. Although if it was true you would be getting a pre released version and when the full game was released you would also get that thru steam updates.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: