FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Lost Respect
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OpTlk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

um, what the hell did Zimmerman expect was going to happen by going after Pedro?? a hug?? it wasn't a closed fist, but Zimmerman was swinging before he even got to Pedro. simple self-defense. (even more so, if his age seems to be such an issue i again ask "WHAT THE HELL WAS HE DOING OUT THERE!")

also, although i had some trouble locating a picture of it, I watched the game and with the super slow motion they had, the ball clearly did not hit Garcia but in fact hit his bat[which is the sound you heard if you too were watching the game] and should have been strike one not hit-by-pitch.

oh, i'd like to also add for those that weren't watching, later in the game a Yankee relieve pitcher got pissed off at a Red Sox grounds crewmember and put the beating on, at which time Garcia in right field felt obligated to jump the fence and also go after this guy. The funny part is Garcia had to leave the game because he injured his hand while jumping the fence and is possibly facing arrest/charges for his actions.

ok, my rant is over. and for the record I am neither a Sox or Yankess fan. although I dont support a team that basically buys a WS ring.

http://www.myspace.com/pvallone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
sgt stutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaft wrote:
Quote:
Someone got a vid clip of the incident?

No video, but found some stills for ya. I'm sure it will be all over the news.

New York Yankees bench coach Don Zimmer (center foreground), on the field moments before being knocked to the ground by Red Sox pitcher Pedro Martinez.

Boston Red Sox pitcher Pedro Martinez (right) grabs New York Yankees coach Don Zimmer by the head before throwing him to the ground during the 4th inning.

Zimmer is thrown to the ground by Pedro Martinez during the 4th inning.

A New York City police officer comes to the aid of Don Zimmer.

click--><eVa>SuperGreg

R.I.P Trigger Happy
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just another reason to never watch baseball.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Darkath

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not agree with Pedro's actions, but Zimmer was asking for it by charging at him

Violent Pacifist wrote:
Just another reason to never watch baseball.

^^^ Clicky
FragFailure

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quiet VP. These might be the greatest baseball playoffs in the history of the sport. Nobody like the Dallas Cowboys anyway. Especially with the carpetbagging Big Tuna in Big D.

Pedro was wrong and he cost Boston the series.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
omgshovelyouinthebutt?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bada Bing, u have just proven yourself a complete idiot. If you did not see zimmeman swing at pedro with hit left arm your a damn fool. Or maybe you just saw the part where pedro threw him down and you ran around crying and forgot to back and watch the rest of the game. Zimmerman was mad at Pedro because he was damn neared killed by getting hit in the head back in the 50's. So know what you're talking about. before you make any more stupid remarks. And Pedro is a huge part of Boston, and he is only human too, he makes mistakes. You think the yankess are perfect too? Zimmerman went after Pedro, pedro defended himself. So go cry about it if you're that offended. And as i recall watching the replays, Garcia WAS NEVER EVEN HIT. The ball hit his friggen bat. And posada walks out of the bench screaming at Pedro, so Pedro gets mad and decides to point as his head, maybe not of the best ideas but you could see Pedro was pissed. And it's always good to see how many retarded yankee fans just love to patronize other players when they are half of the cause in teh first place.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omgshovelyouinthebutt? wrote:
And it's always good to see how many retarded yankee fans just love to patronize other players when they are half of the cause in teh first place.

You probably wouln't be able to tell, but the Yankees showed why they are true World Champions. Throughout the game, they showed composure and true class. That's something any Boston fan/player couldn't recognize.

So, if the ball hit the Garcia's bat...Then I'm gonna assume Clemens meant to hit Ramirez. Those Troll Sox did what they did because they can only know one thing: they'll never win it all.
shockwave
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I am back with one last comment.

Everyone here who is using this as a time to attack the other team's fans has lost almost all respect for them that I might have had.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all the ball did hit karim in the back & probley glanced of the bat afterwards, 2nd of all so what zimmer came after pedro, pedro coulda just moved out the way he had plenty of time, instead he takes the old man & throws him to the ground. He was wrong for doing it & thats were ill stand.

omgshovelyouinthebutt - u calling bada an idiot & yankees fans retards (when i wasnt taking this against boston fans just pedro) is down right wrong & i think you should keep your personal opinions to your self about people on these boards. & BTW im a die hard yankees fan have been with them thru there troubles in the past & will always stand with them winners or losers.
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a game , get over it .

I stopped watching baseball years ago. The one sport I have continued watching is nascar. There are a few here that are nascar fans like myself. We are always messing around with each other over rivalries. Never to the levels that are going on here. To see tempers fly like they are here in this thread are outright obsurde *spelling?*.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what ever happened to kicking dirt at each other shoes and blowing chunks of spit in each others face?

Now OMG and Bada you both have had your say, lets let that drop now.

We dont want to lock threads today...Especially a sports thread.

And if anyone thinks any sports people are normal...Fans is just a short version of Fanatic So enjoy being whacked out there are to many of you to say it's abnormal.
omgshovelyouinthebutt?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

N|kamichi wrote:
omgshovelyouinthebutt? wrote:
And it's always good to see how many retarded yankee fans just love to patronize other players when they are half of the cause in teh first place.

You probably wouln't be able to tell, but the Yankees showed why they are true World Champions. Throughout the game, they showed composure and true class. That's something any Boston fan/player couldn't recognize.

Oh, i must forgot Roger Clemens used to be a Red Sox player, and let's go even farther back, Babe Ruth. Seems yankess are getting there best players from the sox, what a coincidence, maybe it's because the Yankess want such spectacular talent?

And yes, it was much class for a coach to attack a player, straght up, he deserves an award.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[njk]Nopeace4u-DBD wrote:

omgshovelyouinthebutt - u calling bada an idiot & yankees fans retards (when i wasnt taking this against boston fans just pedro) is down right wrong & i think you should keep your personal opinions to your self about people on these boards. & BTW im a die hard yankees fan have been with them thru there troubles in the past & will always stand with them winners or losers.

And yet its ok for bada to tell me to stfu? I am a die hard Sox fan, and i am suppsoed to sit here and watch Kamichi over there say fvk the sox and then say "Throughout the game, they showed composure and true class. That's something any Boston fan/player couldn't recognize. "

I find it funny how you just seem to pass up the other posts and not criticize them for there comments, seems like you're drawing a line here and trying to pick sides, no?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok everyone, lets put this into perspective.

The Red Sox are cursed. Thats all there is to it. The yankee's are the best baseball team in recorded history. Thats all there is to it. The Red Sox traded Babe Ruth to the Yankee's, this just reinforces everything I just said. Therefore Yankee's > Red Sox. Regardless of the players or fans, the Yankee's pwn the Red Sox.

And no, I am not really a Yankee's fan OR a Red Sox fan, I am a Marlins/Astros fan, both of whom deserve a win in the world series.

The end.

-KK

Location: Cuba, you got someting to say about dat mang!?!? Guild: TVB

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummmm......................................go cubs?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: