FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
War In Iraq II
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(+)ASSASSIN(+) wrote:
I have no problem with peoples right to free speech, but when they are blocking buildings and major arteries for people to go about there daily tasks of work and school, then to me it moves from a relm of free speech and protest to someone pushing their views down my throat.

I agree on that too, in fact the extent of everyone's freedom is until it infringes on someone else's freedoms. Blocking the streets and busting people's stores and smashing on cars and blocking places people want to go to or work at is wrong and I feel no pity for them when the cops teargas them and take them to jail.

I myself really dislike Bush, ever since the day he was elected I knew he was going to mess things up. You don't have to support the government and the president just because, in fact you shouldn't. You should have a good reason to support them not just because, "They're the president" respect and trust is earned, not granted upon receiving a position of authority. I do support the War, I think that the future threat of a rougue dictator in power with the capabilities of aquiring some very nasty weapons is a good reason to destroy and restructure Iraq. It's good that they are taking care of these people before the world is forced to take them out because they actually did something horrible. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of remedy.

I'll leave this post with a quote which sums up how I feel.
"....Force, my friends, is violence, the supreme authority from which all other authority derives. Naked force has settled more issues in history than any other factor. The contrary opinion 'violence never solves anything' is wishful thinking at its worst. People who forget that always pay..."
Blown

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MuLiShA wrote:
Although you see many anti-war protests and such on TV, around 70% of American citizens and now 55% of British citizens are in favor of the war.

Thats quite a turn around in Britian then. It was pretty against it not long ago if I remember correctly.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
'l|SwD|l'.Integral.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still not entirely sure why we're even involved in this war. Being a British citizen living in America I'm perhaps more confounded than most. While I realize the threat that Saddam himself poses, and perhaps even the top levels of his government and military, I think we were simply too hasty in initiating this war. There are several elements involved in winning a war, and the psychological one is perhaps the most effective. We've seen some effects of this, with the surrdender of Iraqi troops. It makes me wonder how hard it would be to cause mass surrenders or even a total coup, with more dire threats aimed at Iraq, rather than a token show of force (massing troops) and then starting a full blown assault. Or even trying to assassinate Saddam outright. Please, correct me if I'm wrong or badly informed (I didn't exactly research this topic before posting this...) but I just feel that there's more we could have done to soften the Iraqi forces up, mentally and physically, which would cause less loss of life (the last time I checked, early this afternoon, there were 2 combat casualties and 1 injury to US troos) on both sides of this conflict. I was watching the bombs drop and I have to wonder how many of those landed on non-military targets. We may never know.

*this isn't entirely coherent, sorry if i confuse anyone*

Help save one of the greatest shows of all time,
http://www.watchfarscape.com/index.php
Speak with Dead
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
FragFailure

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I put in my post. I hope the loss of life on all sides is kept to the lowest possible amount. Saddam had to go. We can't let him threaten or allow him to gas anyone anymore. As I posted (link at the bottom) dictators as him do not respect the words "diplomacy, rights, freedom, negotiation, and the power of the spoken word." He only understands intimidation, murder, gassing, and flat out lying about what he possesses. I didn't want this to happen. The man defied the world for twelve years though...

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Spanish Warpig

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20030322/wl_mideast_afp/iraq_war_us_division_1
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny that Joe Lieberman said he would have done exactly the same as Bush.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: