FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Sad, Sad Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blown

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bushido wrote:
Mr.Kason Allen wrote:
Bushido wrote:
blown65 wrote:
Mr.Kason Allen wrote:
Good show? maybe for little kids he was probably a good thing to watch he wasnt scary or anything but im afraid he came out of the closet a little while before he died.....yep you heard me hes gay im not kiddin. If you found out otherwise and that was just a rumor tell me but I saw it on TV(oh TV never lies )

Who cares if he was ghey or not, his show was all goodness for kids.

^ what he said. I remember watching Seasame Street in the morning and Mr. Rogers in the afternoon. Was good stuff for kids. Nothing like the carp they have to watch now.

Good idea lets teach our 4 years olds to be gay and burn in hell!!!!!What carp they have to watch now if you mean disney ive got your back all the way. Ill admit no he didnt teach homesexuality but my kids sure wont watch it!!Wait.......I dont have kids

That's a pretty narrowminded viewpoint. Just by that statement I can tell you are young and haven't been out in the world much. What you said above is the exact reason so many people are in the closet. They are afraid of prejudice people like you. You talk like watching a ghey person or touching a ghey person makes you ghey. I pity you, hopefully experiences later in life will teach you differently.

Exactly, he never once that I can remember ever made it seem like he was gay. Never made his show support or not support gay ppl. Actually I dont even remember it ever supporting any sort of political, or moral viewpoint. It was just a fun show for kids to watch, wasnt violent. Unlike so many shows now aday, they teach kids hate, violence, terrible language, disrespect for elders, and sometimes even have some hidden sexual inuendos (sp?) When you ever become a parent Mr. Kason you will see how terrible things are on TV for the little ones.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kazebari
Official Mall Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Kason Allen wrote:
Good show? maybe for little kids he was probably a good thing to watch he wasnt scary or anything but im afraid he came out of the closet a little while before he died.....yep you heard me hes gay im not kiddin. If you found out otherwise and that was just a rumor tell me but I saw it on TV(oh TV never lies )

...You makin' fun of Mr. Rogers, punk?

Last edited by Kazebari on Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Turbo!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Kason Allen wrote:
Bushido wrote:
blown65 wrote:
Mr.Kason Allen wrote:

^ what he said. I remember watching Seasame Street in the morning and Mr. Rogers in the afternoon. Was good stuff for kids. Nothing like the carp they have to watch now.

Good idea lets teach our 4 years olds to be gay and burn in hell!!!!!What carp they have to watch now if you mean disney ive got your back all the way. Ill admit no he didnt teach homesexuality but my kids sure wont watch it!!Wait.......I dont have kids

burn in hell in your belief system, maybe not in his. open your freakin mind ya hick and get your freakin head out of your ass

*Props to Mad-Hammer on the Sig*

R.I.P. Blue: Gone But Never Forgotten
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hoaxie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back on topic...

Even I, as old as I am, remember watching Mr. Rogers as a child. Some of my fondest memories are ...

1. My cousins and I would hold our noses while he changed his shoes...
2. Meow meow kitty meow meow...
3. watching how balloons are made ( I loved when he put those reels in his wall behind picture picture)...
4. watching how straws are made...
5. The Land of Make Believe

Then, I got to watch him with my kids when they were little. We learned how Lil' Tikes toys are made.

I always looked forward to watching him, along with Sesame Street, Electric Company, and Zoom! PBS had an awesome line up then.

BTW, Did you know he was an excellent sniper and he served for this country as such. I have forgotten which war it was. Vietnam or The Gulf...

Rest in peace, Mr. Rogers, you will be missed. You have touched so many lives in so many ways. Thank you for all you have given to me and my children over the years.

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!

Last edited by hoaxie on Thu Feb 27, 2003 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
PondScm007

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugg i cant take zoom, but i remebr those "visitng how things are made" ones! wow thinkging about it i remebr liking when he did crap with the sandcastle box and talked abou this grandfater doign stuff in the sandcastlebox or something, and visiting some dude he went to see once in a while

BR, yo
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hoaxie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PondScm007 wrote:
ugg i cant take zoom, but i remebr those "visitng how things are made" ones! wow thinkging about it i remebr liking when he did crap with the sandcastle box and talked abou this grandfater doign stuff in the sandcastlebox or something, and visiting some dude he went to see once in a while

Oh yeah! The sandbox in the back yard was awesome!

I loved the trips to the music store! Especially when they had lil jam sessions!

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
Mongoose_Slayer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Kason Allen wrote:
Bushido wrote:
blown65 wrote:
Mr.Kason Allen wrote:

racist and homophobic, wonderful
SpeCies

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Children can you say the word "B*tch".. Sure you can! Now in-order to see if you said it correctly, I want you to go and say the word "B*tch to your mother. Comeon hurry up! Now kiddies, if your mother slapped the living crap out you, you know you said it right!!!!!! R.I.P Fred
5th GHG E.G. Mine

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoaxie wrote:
BTW, Did you know he was an excellent sniper and he served for this country as such. I have forgotten which war it was. Vietnam or The Gulf...
It was Vietnam. I heard from a friend that he was actually very good at it. His show was great and I still remember watching his show when I was younger. Mr. Rogers
sgt stutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoaxie nice post

The sniper thing is just an urban legend.

Mr. Rogers Profile:

WTTW's member magazine, Chicago's local PBS affiliate, had an interesting profile on Fred Rogers on the 30th anniversary of "Mr. Rogers' neighborhood".

Here are the highlights:

1951 - Graduated from Rollins College with a degree in music composition.

1951 - 53 - Hired by NBC, became assistant director for "The Voice of Firestone" and floor director for "The Lucky Strike Hit Parade" and the "Kate Smith Hour".

1953 - 1960 - Returned to Pittsburgh to WQED and developed "The Children's Corner".

1962 - Attended Pittsburgh Theological Seminary, ordained by the Pittsburgh Presbytery.

1963 - Moves to Toronto and produces a children's program called "Misterogers" for the CBC.

1964 - Returns again to WQED to produce "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood" which continues to this day.

So, Mr. Rogers' didn't get the chance to participate as a sniper or any other capacity in any US police action in this century.

Watching Mr. Rogers when I was young also watching it with my 4 kids while they were growing up was just awsome.
Rest in peace Mr Rogers.

click--><eVa>SuperGreg

R.I.P Trigger Happy
hoaxie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for those highlights, stutter. And thanks for the clarification.

A truly amazing guy, I'd say... I put him up there close to Dr. Suess... who is like a god to me.

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
Pollice Verso

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May he rest in Peace for all the good he has done for the decades of service to all.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate gays ok. They are almost the most disgusting thing on this planet. I liked Mr.Rogers neighborhood when I was about five and no he didnt teach any gay values(gay values?) but its just the idea of having my kids learn their values from homos. If I ever have kids they wont watch MTV,Comedy Central ,Disney,Nickeloden or any filth like that. And mongoose slayer you said I was homophobic? If im not mistaken it means scared of gays I'm anything but that im not scared of those gays omg im homoloathing not homophobic.
Thunder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crap!....Mr. Rogers is dead? What a depressing way to start the weekend..... . I got fifty bucks says my wife cries when I tell her.....(maybe I won't tell her, she's depressed enough).

As far as him being gay or not.....he certainly looked and acted efiminate, but what difference can that possible make to a little kid, [they dont from nothin]? I watched him when I was a kid and only remember him being a positive role model he put entertainment and education as the corner stones of his show.

I think Bushido might be too young but does anybody remember Capt. Kangaroo. He was like Mr. Rogers but with a mustache. It bummed me out when he died too.

It's almost like whatching in a mirror as I get older and older and all the memories of my youth dwindle and fade.....

I'm going to slit my wrist now....I've sufficiantly depressed myself enough for self-inflicted homicide. Bushido you can have my spiderman comics and the remainder of my pipe bombs....I'll let my wife sell the Mirvs on e-bay.

ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must of missed the wagon... I did not watch his show as a youngster..is that what went wrong...???

Mr Kason you are intitled to your opinion, I hope the rest of us won't turn Mr Rogers thread into a argument.

Rest In Peace Mr Rogers
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: