FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Get to know each other
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hoaxie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay....
I am a 37 year woman, with a 15 year son (who is a heavy console gamer and Half Lifer) and a 14 year old daughter who plays guitar. My number one love is being a mom!!
One of my fave mom things to do is to watch Toonami with my son for Dragon Ball Z. And my fave piece of clothing is my DBZ shirt.

I lived in Houston for 16 years, a graduate of The University of St. Thomas (BA in Psych). I actually quit school when I was 15, but decided when I was 25 to take the GED and start college. I had my two kids then and felt it was important.

I moved to CA...the Silicon Valley about 4 years ago. I lived in Mountain View and Fremont while I was there. I moved away about a year ago. I am now in FL, which is where I lived before I moved to TX.

I live with a wonderful man who I intend to marry...some day. He is heavy into Half Life. He runs a server and has a clan (which my son is also in). They really rock at it...I suck at it. I prefer the action of a full TFC server.

I have been playing for a couple of months now, though I don't get to play as often as I would like. Although I still have a long way to go, I have improved and the tips here have helped! Thanks.

I have a suck job that has very little to do with any of my talents, but it pays well, and I have an expensive habit.... I am a computer freak (geek).... upgrades, new software, blah blah blah...

The Ville is awesome. I love the overall patience and good will (funny to hear the phrase "good will" being used for a game of killing) that most of the regulars express. I have a lot of fun playing with you guys.

Okay, in case you haven't noticed, I tend to be very verbose... and on that note, I am shutting up now!!

BTW... so you know how I came about my nick...my last name is Hoaks.

[ This Message was edited by: one big hoax on 2002-02-07 00:32 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Skull_Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my nic from the game Medal of Honour...It was given to you for head shots. Just liked it and it stuck
hoaxie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hold on a minute!!

I am old too (37) ...but not a man!! How can I possibly be a DOG (dirty old guy) or a PWG (pimp with geritol)?

Maybe we could be DFO. See, my son says I am so old I fart dust, so how 'bout the Dust Fartin' Oldtimers?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
FragFailure

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eight pages of posts and over 2,200 read...nice

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, now all the subliminal messages we put in there won't be wasted after all..
Ohayo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pleased to meet y'all. I'm 45, living in the Chicago 'burbs (and commuting three days a week to Pittsburgh this Spring). Been gaming a long time (you'd think I'd be better at it), and since I both do and teach interaction design I get to call it "research." Woohoo!

My machine also gets used by Cerebus and Radiskull, my 14 and 12 year-old sons. They say hi.

Thanks for all the cool bio's. And thanks for the fun hours of fraggin'.

Winter Warlock

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, i'm winter warlock and stuff... most people probably know me as the failure who gets fraged no less than 10x more than he kills, but anyway.

my name is jonathon (most of my friends call me Jona though) and i'm 15, and live in Elkins, WV. good ole wv... i'm not a redneck by far though, i'm actually quite opposite, a redneck hater and a punk. My friends MR Snakes and DeMoN also live here in elkins with me, not in the same house... anyway, when i'm not playing TFC i'm usually with my girlfriend, who roxors ass. I like punk, industrial, techno and heavy metal music. I'm actually a pretty boring person and all... i go to Elkins High and plan to being a programmer or a graphics designer or something... who knows.

TheVille is great, although i don't think most of the people even know who i am, or if they do they hate me for my weird humor(lol). i usually just play on TV V.

Tool is the best band ever.

Oh, and my name came from the Claymation movie, "Santa Clause Is Coming To Town" i thought the Winter Warlock was a crazy old wizard and stuff, so i stole his name.

here is something you guys might wanna know about, if you don't already and even read this, but there are these 2 huge lan parties called LanWar and MillionManLan. They are hosted in Loiusville Kentucky, and i think LA a few times a year. It only costs like, $30 for a few days of gaming, and i think it'd be great to get a bunch of theVille people to one and we could all meet in person and find out who the true fragging masters are on a lan connection might wanna check out the site, http://www.lanwar.com

message me on AIM sometime if you wanna chat... i'm on it almost all of the time, and i just want some people to talk to...

oh, and i have mohawk, lol

[ This Message was edited by: Winter Warlock on 2002-02-07 05:44 ]
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
(+)ASSASSIN(+)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-02-07 02:38, Ohayo wrote:
Pleased to meet y'all. I'm 45, living in the Chicago 'burbs

Sweet we have another Chicagoan to add to the mix, WELCOME. I wonder how many of us there actually are??

OmegaSiN

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Kronic and I are the only Sydney siders.

-Omega SiN

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2002 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha noone lives in iowa with me... not that anyone would be proud/greatful
{db} Finger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hah, darkw0r I live in iowa. I have never met anyone else in my entire online gaming life from iowa. West Des Moines here, where ya from?

in continuation of the thread, i'm 17, live in iowa, work at a bank and have a girlfriend. I have played online games since I was 13, starting with Myth1 them moving into roleplaying games, Nexustk (a little asian game i'm sure nowone's heard of). Just recently been playing 1st person shooters. lotsa fun.
FragFailure

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that makes 7 Chicagoans now from what I know

you two and the 5 TVB's

Frag
Silver
Merf
X-Men
Danno

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Hamese
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you know me I have to post this.

HOUSTONIANS
Hamese
YPAWOM
Rata
Ice
BigChaulk

I dont know if I should even post this but:
Snay
Jac

Plus People use to live here in the past
IdiotSavent
Cadman
one big hoax.

I know there are others.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quad cities, (davenport) about 1 mile from illinois
My Personal Insanity

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this seems like a good a place as any to begin posting on the forums. I've actually been playing TFC a while longer than I've been around TheVille alot,
but it's just soooo nice to have a server with good admins and regulars... IRL My name is Josh, the nick My Personal Insanity is the alternate name for a little known macro language on a paticular type of MUD. I figured I was insane for thinking I could play TFC and hold my own. =) I just turned 21 last month...my job, ugh. Dun wanna talk about it, let's just say it involves telephones and the customers of a major credit card issuer. Honestly not sure what I want school for as a long term career. Guess I oughta hurry the up and decide. =) I live in Salt Lake City, UT. It's nice because there's so much empty land in this state, you can just get lost if you want to. And yeah, I like to talk alot too. =)

[edit to fix the paragraphs]

[ This Message was edited by: My Personal Insanity on 2002-03-05 11:40 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12

Jump to: