FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
x-hairs

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 9:31 pm    Post subject: x-hairs Reply with quote

well i asked about it on the usv thread, no replies, so i'll paste in here what i said there, for now i'll jsut have to put in my old x-hairs untill i can get this figured out...
--------------------------

well i had custom ones that i had downloaded, then i got to thinking how i could amke them better, which is the problem. i went to custom tfc, and got the programs i needed and edited them in photoshop but when i go to convert them and sue them as sprites, thet aren't trasnparent, AND I DON"T KNOW HOW TO FIX IT!!!! its driving me crazy. i tried white, black, 255 blue, tried backgroudn eraser, tried converting it a different way. if you know anything please help, when i'm done i can post thme up here and see if anyoen else wants them, lol. but if you have no idea what i'm talking about its in the tutorial section on custom tfc, under sprites. i have no idea whats wrong and as for now my shotty sprite is the x-hari with a large box behind it. thanks

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be checking Alphatest on SprWizard instead of Additive, that will make the last color in the pallett the transparent color, so make sure that last color in the pallette is the color you want to be transparent

rawr
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTHM wrote:
You should be checking Alphatest on SprWizard instead of Additive, that will make the last color in the pallett the transparent color, so make sure that last color in the pallette is the color you want to be transparent

rawr

explain the pallette... is that the readme associated with the x-hair or no?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.thewavelength.net/oldsite/2dart/tutorials/sprites.html

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had that problem before. NONE of the modes worked with any color I tried when I was makeing the xhair into a sprite. Never did find out what was wrong

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i foudn out my problem, answered here, all it was thenw as working things out, liek the actual work on the x-hairs, thanks jthm

your link wrote:
3 > Open it in a paint program like Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro. You can edit them but each crosshair can't be larger than 24x24 pixels and the crossbow zoom can't be larger than 104x16 pixels. If you want to add a few new colors you'll have to add them to the palette. In Photoshop choose 'Image', 'Mode' and 'Color Table'. Click on the squares and select a color. In Paint Shop Pro choose 'Colors' and 'Edit Palette'. Double-click on a square and choose a color. This is helpful for changing a few colors, but if you were going to use alot more colors, then just change to RGB or 16 Million Colors and edit the picture. When you're done, change it back to 256 colors and make sure you have the transparent color in the last square of the palette. Save it when you're done editing.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: