FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Should we limit snipers on Acropolis to -1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should we set sniper limit to -1 on Acropolis?
Yes?
41%
 41%  [ 19 ]
No?
45%
 45%  [ 21 ]
Just deal with it, I am a sniper.
13%
 13%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 46

SoDum

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What is so disheartening is that when you slam snipers, you are slamming the people who play that class.

Yes, I am, and i'm not afraid to say it. Yu0 were a mistake! Go play CS!

It's people like you snipers (yes that's right YOU!) who are ruining this game for the serious players, even if you are to much of a sissy to admit it to yourself.

Stillness of Body, Focus of thought, oneness of spirit. These are the virtues of a concer.

The only man to boycott happiness!
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoDum wrote:
Snipers do not help your team, and if you think otherwise jesus doesn't love you and you were probably beaten as a child.

I saw a bumper sticker like that the other day. It said:

"Jesus loves you....everyone else thinks your an Ass !"

We all know your opinion differs from the majority of people in the world Jolly. We also know that like some freak monster from star trek you feed off of controversy, so I 'm not going to argue with you because I feel it isn't truly your opinion just your way of getting attention. Also if you lived in the real virtual world you would realize that limits are needed because most people don't really care about wether others have fun or not. I've played on several pub servers lately where there will be 5 snipers already on the team and someone will join and start sniping. People either just don't care or aren't as smart as you are Jolly, so limits are set to attempt to keep a balance in the game. The funniest thing is I've heard people complain about too many medics and play a real class and I'm pretty sure I've heard someone complain about every class at one time or another.

Snipers, Love em or hate em but they are a part of the game and a part of the Ville. Spies ruin my game, so limit spies to whatever you limit snipers to. Nothing worse than chasing a spy and shooting him even knowing that the nades he toses are going to take down your SG no matter what you do. Because of spies and NEWBS who don't spy check, playing engy has been ruined for me so PLEASE lets get rid of spies AND snipers since I only snipe mainly to neutralize the enemies snipers and spies.
My Personal Insanity

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One additional thing I'd like to spout, is that I do not envy certain
people here that have to, say, choose server policies and quite
likely tick off some people on both sides no matter what.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SoDum

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Nothing worse than chasing a spy and shooting him even knowing that the nades he toses are going to take down your SG no matter what you do.

That's your own fault, you are a suck. Practice harder and maybe one day you can beat a class. It's not like the disguises do much if you arn't retarded. Spies only really have feign and nades going for them, a good D won't let most spies through ever.

Quote:
We also know that like some freak monster from star trek you feed off of controversy, so I 'm not going to argue with you because I feel it isn't truly your opinion just your way of getting attention.

Hmm, nice try, but, no. I feed off of people being retarded and giving my leeway to hate on them, for whatever reason, anything from sniping to wearing blue clothes. God I hate blue clothes. Close though.

Quote:
Spies ruin my game, so limit spies to whatever you limit snipers to.

That's just because you can't spot spies, which, is your problem. That can be over come with practice. Spies are a puny class, they have so little going for them they are comparable to pyros on the level of weakness. The only thing they are good for is pubs when you feel like stabbing random HWs and soldiers who don't have a head on thier shoulders that functions correctly. You can't practice not being splattered from across the map. In addition, Snipers are the prime cause of turtle teams which are a huge problem in pubs; i see 8 man defenses in games all the time, and it's often caused by some newbie sniper picking people off from the battlements who can't be caught because by the time you leave your base you are dead. Sniping ruins playing o for everyone, i don't care who you are, and if you deny it, shut up, your opinion doesn't matter.

Stillness of Body, Focus of thought, oneness of spirit. These are the virtues of a concer.

CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VeilSide wrote:

However, I don't think EVERY class needs to be limited. Medic and soldier don't disrupt balance when used in great numbers because they are so well rounded. If the sniper and HW aim wasn't as accurate then they rounded off and wouldn't attract so many n00bs.

Spoken like a true medic soldier

I'm sorry but 5 soldiers on a side does disrupt the balance IMO. Also your point about if HW aim wasn't as accurate etc etc etc, cracks me up

HW AC is the most inaccurate weapon and gets worse the more distance between objects. And just how accurate does the soldiers rocket have to be ?? Please don't get me started.

I play ALL the classes and untill YOU (whoever you may be) play all the classes, your complaining about some other class will always come off as whining. Each class has it's use and some classes are better on some maps than others. It seems like just last week I was listening to how medics are lame and all they do is infect and run. They are a useless class and have no place on Defense or Offense since a scout is faster and can do everything a medic can but better and they don't do the lame infecting. Week before it was all about how Easy the HW is etc etc etc.

Let's just say it gets old after several years and it starts to repeat itself. Same words, just different people typing them. I'm really sorry to hear that so many of you don't have the necesary skills to handle snipers

I sure find a lot of people in game that can take me out if I have no supporting troops
osiris

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boohoo so u got killed by a sniper? DEAL WITH IT! this seems alil commounist to me. if we let this pass whats next hws? spys? pretty soon all wel have left is medics and soilders bah! this is the lamest thing ive ever heard!
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoDum wrote:

That's your own fault, you are a suck. Practice harder and maybe one day you can beat a class.

When all else fails get personal eh Jolly. This type of response shows a distinct lack of arguing skills and maturity. Besides, I always consider the source when something is said about me

If (and that is a big if) I took this GAME seriously I could kick you and your scripts butts , but I play for fun, a concept that appears to be forgien to you. If all you are going to do is personal attacks, then kindly refrain from responding (ah but you have no self control do you ?)

BTW, I wear lots of Blue cloths...I'm wearing Blue right now as a matter of fact
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The AC isn't very inaccurate when used at close range. It rips through people almost as fast as a backstab. There's a reason why HWs score the highest. I could easily get over 100 with HW while eating a burrito and playing cutting my nails simultaneously Only an idiot would use an AC for longrange. Wasn't the accuracy increased after 1.5? I *wouldn't* care about HWs if the # was limited to 1 though.

I guess 5 soldiers would distort the game because they would get raped by a good O.

I have played ALL classes and HW, Engi, and sniper all needed strict limitations You couldn't even really say "Spoken like a true medic/soldier" because I am so versatile.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saying that a sniper hiding all the way in his base picking people from that distance is in no way fair. I've played sniper on Warpath before. I'll tell you it isn't far at all. Thankfully most snipers have moved on to other classes. There is not much of a chance to beat the sniper when he gets a free shot, reload, shot, reload, grenade, machine gun in while trying to fend off two or three others. This is not fair especially on a map such as that. Sniping slows the games down. 1 sniper on Warpath (sniper friendly maps) are fine. Maps like Avanti, non Valve maps, and even Acropolis you can deal with two at the max. The turtle sniper is what ended the POTW awards. I know this because I won my one POTW by having to play sniper turtle style for the last two days.

BTW Spy is only really effecitve on Avanti.

PS: Please end the myth that I only play spy. Spy is mostly reserved for Avanti only. Thanks

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Spanish Warpig

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well cycodad said personal attacks are lame but oh well Sodum please STFU #Fist and spare us your idiotic babble.

honestly i still dont get those who hate snipers. they are so easy to kill ne 1 who goes after a sniper will usuly win snipers have almost no armor so they die real quick.
after reading the posts in this thread i remembered that 3 an acrop is to many i think 2 or 1 would be better. with 3 it become sniper vs sniper and so they are distracted from their actual jobs of defending the flag if a sniper can kill u are your on O than he just helped his team. as for the argument that snipers cant hit moving targets that is bs. weak snipers cant but the good 1's will nail ya. just cause i cant tag a concing scout every time doesnt mean i cant help my team. every bit of damage i do to the opponent helps my D out. every time i kill some guy pop shoting my teams medic as he croses the yard helps him out. snipers are there to protect their team mates.

And sodum please dont go and say how gay i am cause im a sniper. oh no pig is a sniper he shot me how gay blah blah blah if u dont like snipers deal with it cause guess what if i had it my way u would be banned...oh wait that already happend, so guess who seems to have the real problem here.

to all those who have presented their argument for and against snipers in a civil matter i thank u for your opinions though i dont neccisarily agree with them but as long as you arnt flaming ne1 its cool with me.
Rest is peace trig ill miss ya buddy
Rest in peace Blue...
SoDum

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If (and that is a big if) I took this GAME seriously I could kick you and your scripts butts , but I play for fun, a concept that appears to be forgien to you.

Make a statement, back it up.

You know what you sound like?

'I could whoop your ass if i felt like it!'

Yea ok, if you say so. I'm waiting for that.

Quote:
When all else fails get personal eh Jolly. This type of response shows a distinct lack of arguing skills and maturity.

But do you deny it? You can't get around a simple, weak class, so you think it should be lowered instead of a horribly over powered one.

Quote:
BTW, I wear lots of Blue cloths...I'm wearing Blue right now as a matter of fact

Die.

Quote:
I play ALL the classes and untill YOU (whoever you may be) play all the classes, your complaining about some other class will always come off as whining.

Got news slap head; i play every class from soldier to hw to pyro. My score is the highest with medic becuase i'm just a natural at it, Sniper, and hw. Why? Because they are easy classes to play.

Quote:
It seems like just last week I was listening to how medics are lame and all they do is infect and run.

Meds that do nothing but infect have no place in a civil game. Those people tarnish the beauty of the medic class and make me question if i should be playing it from time to time.

Quote:
I'm really sorry to hear that so many of you don't have the necesary skills to handle snipers

Or don't care to try to kill snipers, when you could be having an enjoyable game. Sometimes I camp sniper decks when there are snipers being putz's, but in all honesty that isn't fun since usually sniper decks are so high i can't get airshots, and if i'm going to camp, i want airshots, damn it.

Editted to add:

Quote:
And sodum please dont go and say how gay i am cause im a sniper.

You are gay because you play sniper.

Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pig, if you were easy to kill you wouldn't put up insane k:d ratios A good sniper is hard to touch because they can also fight with their autorifle and grenades. They aren't slow and can retreat quickly when danger approaches. If the sniper limit was contained to 1, maybe even 2, I could still enjoy the game. It adds a twist to pub games. It gets annoying though when the sniper count gets up to 3+ and the snipers have at least some skill. Why try to venture out of your base? It's no surprise to what will happen. Snipers are either one extreme or the other in a pub environement. They are either terrible and mess up your team to no end, or they pick off everyone and drag the game. Both can be resolved with a more strict limit.[/b]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did agree that the limit should be lower and i only put up huGe numbers when im actuly playing... honestly its more fun to go for popshot headshots or play O med and get my cap on

heh forgot to say thx for the compliment veil u rox0r to
`RaphX

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see a lot of smilies being used, such as , and noone really means to use them...

also...

¿
hoaxie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JR, I don't know why you didn't get banned from the forums too. I swear you will take any opportunity to slam someone. The only time you seem to have anything to say in these forums is when you can insult someone. Why bother? If this place and these people mean so little to you, why would you waste your energy posting here? And why does the opinion of someone who can't play here matter? None of this affects you. So peddle your dime store opinions of the rules and the people somewhere else.

Oh, you are in TVL... that's right, so I guess your opinion does matter after all. But wait... how is that possible? How can someone who is banned from The Ville servers be in TVL. Interesting. TVL is for Ville regs... kinda hard to be a reg when you can't play on the servers. Unless of course... ah, never mnd.

Anyway... that karma thing is gonna bite you in the butt.

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: