FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Looking back to the day

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 12:08 pm    Post subject: Looking back to the day Reply with quote

Looking back, it's hard to believe that we have lived as long as we have.

As children we would ride in cars with no seat belts or air bags.

Riding in the back of a pickup truck on a warm day was always a special treat.

Our baby cribs were painted with bright colored lead based paint. We often chewed on the crib, ingesting the paint.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors, or cabinets, and when we rode our bikes we had no helmets.

We drank water from the garden hose and not from a bottle.

We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps and then rode down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes. After running into the bushes a few times we learned to solve the problem.

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the streetlights came on. No one was able to reach us all day.

We played dodgeball and sometimes the ball would really hurt.

We ate cupcakes, bread and butter, and drank sugar soda, but we were never overweight; we were always outside playing.

Little League had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment.

Some students weren't as smart as others or didn't work hard so they failed a grade and were held back to repeat the same grade.

That generation produced some of the greatest risk-takers and problem solvers.

We had the freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned how to deal with it all

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some students weren't as smart as others or didn't work hard so they failed a grade and were held back to repeat the same grade.

that right there is the MOST annoying thing ie ver dealt with. Now all they do si make the whole class go slower to deal with the "slower" kids that don't get it instead of pushing on to learn. i could ahve been a physics genius had wen been able to do more than leik 10 chapters in 11th grade. that class went so slow and was so easy that one quarter i got a 98 in it.. and it was my lowest grade on my report card if that says anything about all the classes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking back to the day Reply with quote

Bada Bing wrote:
We ate cupcakes, bread and butter, and drank sugar soda, but we were never overweight; we were always outside playing.

I agree, I myself am 6'2'' and 110 lbs (imagine that)
I can eat anything I want, and not gain a pound, for the sheer fact i keep active, and HL takes alot out of a guy.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duude chan! im the same hight but 205 or so lol..but then again i DO drink from the hose and eat paint (much more of the hose than the paint heh)...and pickup truck rides in the back roX0r (esp if the cab stinks!)
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking back to the day Reply with quote

[quote="Chan"]
Bada Bing wrote:

I can eat anything I want, and not gain a pound, for the sheer fact i keep active, and HL takes alot out of a guy.

Dont worry... that will all change one day

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were much tougher and self sufficent back then then kids nowadays, you werent prescribed things like ritalin unless you absolutely needed it as opposed to today where they give stuff out like that try and solve everything. The world is a tough place, sugar coating it isnt going to make it change.
Trigger Happy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude your hecka friggin' light for your height chan. I'm 6'1 and weigh 205 and when I eat a lot I gain but I lose quick. I guess my metabolism is all jacked up because 1, I lub to eat long time, and 2 I naturally lose weight by sitting around doing jack shiznits. But preach on brotha Bada!!! Praise the lord almighty high up there in the sky praying for us to be good sumaritans and be charitable once in awhile by giving a quarter to those who sit in white suits outside of the super market and ask," Donations?" Yes, yes!!! I'll give you a donation pal! Where's my loose change?

....ahhh school is yet starting again. A wave of stress has bombarded me! Anatomical kinesiology and Exercise Physiology can real kick the living ass hairs out of someones butt imho. A whole new rigorous week of private school yack!

- Sig Made By <TVB>Bada^Bing-TPF-
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: