FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
voice comm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OpTlk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2002 2:26 am    Post subject: voice comm Reply with quote

Ok, I know a bunch of you will probably just say RTFM! but alas I can't find it. hEh

anyways, I have what im sure is a simple question about the voice comm...is it only heard by ppl on your team or does everyone on the server hear it? If its everyone, is there a way to make it only for your team..and vice versa

http://www.myspace.com/pvallone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2002 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It only talks to your teamates. I'm good at getting mics to work if you need help I need to save my mic tips somewhere on my computer so I can just copy and paste it I'm bored of typing it over and over hehe

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
OpTlk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2002 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thats what I thought, but I was playing on this server and ppl from both teams were talking to each other on voice, so then I was suddenly unsure as to who could hear it.

Thanks Bada!

http://www.myspace.com/pvallone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Np Optik I also ran into a server where you could hear both teams talk it was funky.Someone said its an admin setting you can do weird

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
-=ITS=-GaladerieL[Vegas]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it does seem kinda weird to hear both teams from that way in certain servers and frustrating no doubt... and yes it is an admin mod or an avatar setting from silly zone i think or some type of program out there? i love hearing when my team can chat with me and i am sorry i can't chat back .. it is kinda interesting to hear the other team and i am sure there is a program out there for it?? check here http://www.thesillyzone.com/ or here for information http://archaeology.csumb.edu/phatmat/maps.shtml

not sure where though this can be found but it is an interesting program and i'd love to see if anybody can find it or let me know if they did??
Axa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah we can do it on the Hood. You can set it that both teams can chat to each other - I kinda like it.

Since we use clanmod on the Hood, we use the command
sv_alltalk 1 or 0 to turn it on or off

http://www.melenie.com
The Axacam® - Now more popular than pr0n
-=ITS=-GaladerieL[Vegas]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Axa wrote:
Yeah we can do it on the Hood. You can set it that both teams can chat to each other - I kinda like it.

Since we use clanmod on the Hood, we use the command
sv_alltalk 1 or 0 to turn it on or off
thanks for sharing that command with me and everybody else in the ville ..

[edits] reminds self spelling check embarasses self with fixing up tonight [/edits]
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 1 thing I did notice was it caused the server to be very very laggy because the server has to send that much more info I have bound a whole bunch more keys so I barely have to use my mic anymore.Bada Sr. still does and I hear him complain about lag alot.Quite a few servers I see out there have rules against using mics at all it really does lag out the server.

Mr. Magoo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a guide I found that some one wrote a ways back when vcomm first came out. I found it quite usefull for tweaking sounds. Things like putting explosions in a faded background so you can hear voice,etc.

So this doesnt alter your voice, but allows you to adjust times (fadeout times, loudness , etc)

http://users.rcn.com/cropley/voice.htm
osiris

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember readin somewhere though i cant remeber where. That in TFC2 youll be able to ethier comm voice with just ur team and or comm with emy team just like it is now with "y" and "u" it also said that this technology will be realesed before the game so keep ur eye open... if i find the link ill post it...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: