FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Badlands on TV II
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert E. Lee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm adding Badlands into the rotation of TV II.. I don't know if this will be permanent or not. I just feel that mapcycle needs a little boost.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Canal Zone (I know its old) or Flagrun - to keep with the theme of capture points, rather than returning the flag to your base. Jedi tells me that Osaka is an awesome capture point map - although I have not tried it myself...yet.
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gods no!
Of all the maps *why* badlands?????

[BGS]JEDI

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also disagree with putting badlands into the rotation. Stick with the capture points theme! Also, another good map is Tiger. It's like canal zone where u carry the flags to the points which can be recaptured by the opposing team. A highly recommended map is Osaka. I've played this map and I loved it. It takes place in Japan and is like dustbowl. Blue attacking and red defending.
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Osaka, but the biggest problem is it is a custom map and very few people download them and play them. If we use custom maps then we have the problem of people downloading it while the game is playing and the server bogs down.

Badlands is ok, cap the flag and away you go. Several different paths to the objective, its similar in concept to Acropolis2, but everyone has the map. Another possibility is casbah, but I find that the blue team always gets beat due to the layout of the map.

CZ2 also is interesting, but snipers will own parts of the map. It will require real teamwork to get all the CP's.

I think badlands will be good for a change. Just no 2fort!!!!!
[BGS]JEDI

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Rob can have an Osaka ftp on the site? He had the other maps on the site before. It's just a suggestion.
Rockman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dustbowl would make a fun all out spamarama except that the stats junkies would probably throw up all over the idea. Is there a way to have stats automatically off when that map comes around? Probably not, huh.

Otherwise, what about The Well or CZ2?

YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BADLANDS?! *grabbing chest from heart failure* that's my all time worst map! I agree with the advance the flag themed maps, and Dustbowl being one of them, I think Dustbowl would be far more fitting a map for TheVilles. I know it's a spamfest like no other witnessed by mortal eyes, but I like it. Stats should stay on it though, it'd just be harder to score them then, what's the point of gaining stats if there was no challenge to it?
phantazem

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ack!!! No, not Dustbowl. I hate that map. "I DON'T LIKE SPAM!!!" Dustbowl is too one-sided. Blue team is always attacking, red team always defending.
Bakuryu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dustbowl is a rather well made map...WAIT A MINUTE NO IT ISN'T! As much fun as it is to go kamikaze on that map, it would be the end of many a player unless you reduced the engy limit to 1. Otherwise it's a royal pain in the ass because it's the same damn thing over and over again: get out of that little exit for the attackers only to be emped and sentrygunned to death. Canalzone is a fun map to play. It'd be even more fun if you guys could do what you did with avanti to it though. The only problem with it is that once you get 4 cap points it's almost impossible to get the fifth if anyone good is on the other team.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
omega_initiative

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please Mayor Rob! Anything but badland on TV II please. That map is not fun at all, since it's so big. Really, osaka or cornfield would be great choice. Just put the map file up on the website then a lot of people will play. Please!!!! NO badland
The Dude

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiger. Tiger is a great map. Many strats used there, many spots for sg's,a nd snipers. Its fun being a demo man there. If you put Tiger into the rotation, I promise everyone will like it. It is a command point map, but it is easy to blow up as demoman. Action packed map. I vote tiger to add to TV II and TV III.
Bakuryu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't played Tiger but I heard it was a cool map from some of my peeps. I wish we could put it on the rotation so I could try it. I remember before you guys were planning a custom map night; why not use this idea to test maps to put on the 'ville? Run some custom maps (turkeyburgers.........hears JCOM pick up a crowbar in the distance) and see how people like em. Then take the most liked and put it on the rotation.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
erba_knoff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2001 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badland an GOOD map! But why dont you play Flagrun on soemserver?

thewz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2001 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epicenter! why doesn't someone add epicenter to one of the map rotations? Epicenter is one of the best maps in tfc
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: