FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Recent troubles taking screenshots

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 6:16 pm    Post subject: Recent troubles taking screenshots Reply with quote

This is something that's happened within the past couple of weeks and now it's finally ticked me off. I can't take screenshots anymore for some reason. Now I checked my config folder and it's set like this bind "F10" "snapshot". Is that the correct setting or does it need the "+" symbol in front of snapshot?? Or could it be because there is some weird config with the F10 key now so we can't use it?? Any help would be appreciated. Thx in advance.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
PondScum007

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hm thats teh command i have, did you try bingin to another key in case a later execed bind i overwriting F10?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bound it to the 0 key but haven't tried that yet. I had a late thought to try that. Thx for the response.

*uses Hoaxies edit button* OK that didn't work. Still need some help if there is any out there.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

help?? vi$it??

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Whatever

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you have the syntax right. Are you binding it by editing your config.cfg or are you doing it in the console. Could it be that your config.cfg is read-only?

I have mine set that way and I have to remember to uncheck that if I want to change my bindings.

Play under the names...Darlon Jeel, The Ghost, The Spirit, and <NSA>Whatever
JuVaNiLe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have mine set for F5
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do all of my changes, name, binds, etc.. in my sierra/halflife/tfc/config folder. The thing is that I never changed anything with the snapshot or the F10 key. I just noticed that it wasn't working all of a sudden. Now when you take a screen shot it just saves it in the sierra/halflife/tfc folder right?? There isn't any other folder that it saves it in. It's been awile since I looked at my screen shots and I can't remember.

Last edited by Bright Red Nipples on Mon Aug 19, 2002 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Whatever

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am afraid I don't know a lot about snapshots. I did find this real quick:

How can I take / view / convert screenshots or snapshots in Half-Life?

Use the screenshot console command -- it's bound to the F5 key by default. Every time you press F5, the game saves a numbered bitmap picture of the current view to the half-life directory (so that you can take many without overwriting the previous ones). These are very large files, so you'll probably want to convert them to JPG format to make them smaller (try Paint Shop Pro). To take better shots, you may want to disable the weapon crosshairs and model. The console commands r_drawviewmodel and r_crosshairs turn these on and off when se to 1 or 0. You can make F5 turn off crosshairs and the weapon model before taking the shot and turn them on again after with: bind F5 "r_drawviewmodel 0; r_crosshairs 0; screenshot; r_drawviewmodel 1; r_crosshairs 1"

Play under the names...Darlon Jeel, The Ghost, The Spirit, and <NSA>Whatever
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, this weeks winner of the Charlie Dumb F*** award is ***Drums start playing***, Bright Red Nipples for not seeing that he was actually taking screenshots all along but just had new symbols in front of the files so he didn't recognize them. Thx Pond, Whatever, and Juvanile for putting up with my ignorance.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
`RaphX

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use:
bind "6" "snapshot"
and I have to put that in again in another part of my config. The bit where keys 1-9 are changed by Bada's 1337 spy script. Half of my keys are redundant just now - maybe I'll look at it soon.
Always change it back to read-only once your finished, as the game seems not to like that spy script, and will remove it, if possible.
bobins

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

where do the snapshots/screenies get saved... i cant find em....

believe it or not... i never knew the snap shot button thingy existed... lol

and i duno where the shots get saved... i just had a lil look tryin to find em.. but i can..

[EDIT: dont worry i've found them... i was lookin in the tfc directory and not in the half life section... ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel your ignorance Bobins. Hell, I even posted a thread to show it, heheh .
Gurrg

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey nipples instead of opening your config files, open up the actual game half life and set you screenshot in "Controls" to what you want. I had your prob. that fixed it with me. Never did figure out what was wrong though?

The Ville-Addict----BR Site \/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
PondScum007

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PondScum007 wrote:
lol

I know . The problem I was having was that I am blind and just didn't see the pics I was taking. I was taking them all along. As far as the config folder, I do all my changes there because it's much easier for me to do it there.

The problem no longer exists. Thx for all your help and patience.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: