FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Scripts are not Cheating.. Help Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DreadVile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2001 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha...no it is talking to a brick wall. I don't like that, so I won't try. Since I am cheating in your logic, fine...Cya all was fun. I got have better things to do then try to enlighten someone.

Idiot huh?...go ahead be a naming calling child..it is ok. You still have no clue wha tyou are talking about.

[ This Message was edited by: DreadVile on 2001-11-14 17:10 ]

[ This Message was edited by: DreadVile on 2001-11-14 17:11 ]
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2001 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How the love do I not know what I'm talking about when I've given every justification for scripts being called cheats?

ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2001 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright guys you may be interested to know that the rules have appeared to changed.
Scrips and such have been deleted from the rules.
So kiss and make up or not...it's time to play.

Famous quote, by whats his name...

[ This Message was edited by: ROOFCUTTER on 2001-11-14 18:09 ]
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2001 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rules mean now't to me in terms of what I think.
I wasn't particularly thinking of banning people who used scripts but to me they'll always be cheats. Minor cheats but cheats nonetheless

Sk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2001 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greebo - Does your Clan use scripts? And by this I mean, even things like Grenade Timers, Screen Shot's, RJ's and Conc's?
I am hoping that you say no, because if you say yes, then your basically saying you condone the use of scripts, not to mention the fact that you or your Clan use them in Clan matches.

I was wondering if you and <PWG> would be interested in a scrim with my Clan? We can play on our Server. We can do 5on5, 8on8 or 9on9. I would be interested to see how we fair against the Clan that won TheVille Cup.

I think you are some what confused on what is a cheat and what isn't. Scripting is something that ANYONE can do, and is by no means a substitue for skill. Aimbot's ARE cheat's pure and simple, you can't miss. With a script it doesn't matter if you can RJ or not, its still about skill.

Also, I think your TOTALLY wrong about the Stats. I guarantee TheVille is ALL about
stats. The only people that don't care about stats are 1) Team Players (hard to find) -or- 2) People already in clans. Trust me, if someone came into our channel and said I was the POTW on TheVille for 3 weeks in a row, do you know how much weight that would hold? You guessed it, very little.

I hope your not going to go and ban me on TheVille server's for meerely expressing a different opinion to your own. I see alot of other user's out there bumping heads with Admins and it would be a shame for 1 Admin to have enough power to stop someone who has stated a different opinion to their own from playing TFC.

I'm looking forward to the scrim dude.

Peace Out!

[ This Message was edited by: Sk on 2001-11-15 11:27 ]
DukeNukem
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2001 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Sk wrote:
Greebo . . .
I hope your not going to go and ban me on TheVille server's for meerely expressing a different opinion to your own.

I'll defend Greebo here. He may be pretty hard-nosed about the rules on the TFC servers (hence the title "Most Evil Admin") but I don't think he has ever banned anyone for expressing opinions!

=US-])uke]\[ukem-V=
I STINK, therefore I SPAM!
[doctored Descartes]
SpeCies

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2001 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]
On 2001-11-14 04:29, Greebo wrote:
First off don't you start patronising me - I'm not the one who's trying to gain significant advantages using scripts.

Greebo when I started this thread it was not to start any kind of disruption here. I quit
using that scipt in respect to the rules here at "The Ville". I also stated my situation and the main reason why I have to use Scripts so I find it very offensive with your comment about "people trying to gain significant advantages using scripts".

I for one am against anykind of cheating and have bitched about Admins comng into a game and
adjusting the gravity of the server in mid-game to the point of floating which effects every class besides the pitiful Sniper who by default does not have to do much but Point,Aim Frag. Add this class with a sweet connection and sure anybody can come in to a server and own HPB players. Bah, I'm of the topic!!!!!! I still feel Scripting is a legit part of TFC as it was in QW's TF. As this isn't my server I do as I am asked and respect that. This is just a game
that we all share the same interest in. Keep it fun and to each his own is all I can say!

Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2001 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sk - to the best of my knowledge no-one in the clan uses scripts. No RJ scripts, no conc scripts, no grenade timers (we count like most people should). As for screenshots we use the thing in the halflife configuration that's available to all - isn't a script.

I'm not confused abuot cheating and scripts. I know scripts are not cheating in the same sense as aimbots. However they essentially get the computer to do the work for you. And what is a computer doing the work for you called? A bot. What are bots? Cheats.

The Ville isn't about stats, you obviously haven't been playing here enough. The ville's about a community - the regulars for the most part fall under the catagory of team players.
I don't care how many times I die in game - especially on offense.
So long as I get the sgs as spy - and when cessary open the holes with detpacks as demo. Then I'm doing my job - sgs are my priority as they do most damage - I will nail an sg at point blank range, knowing I'm going to get killed when it explodes.

I'm not gonna ban you, but you didn't exactly get off on the right start by not removing that link in the other thread when I asked you to.

I'll post in the pwg private forums about a scrim and let you know what they say.

Mr. Magoo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2001 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has the smoke cleared?

The Forums have been very interesting lately folks, but keep in mind everything surrounds TFC which is only a game and a boring one if your the only one on the server. We ALL need each other to have the fun we crave and I would hate to see folks getting so upset. Healthly debates and opinions are great, but lately folks have been getting real upset. Peace to you all and I look forward each evening to playing with everyone. A diverse population is a strong one (otherwise we'd all be Bots ).

Magoo
Twisted29

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2001 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see that scripts are back in action! While I'm a little too computer illiterate to make them, I think they're a good thing. There isn't anything a script can do that a player can't do by binding keys. Thanks for bringing this one up Species
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: