FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
THANKS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
three_gunn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

one big hoax wrote:
3G, there are still other 'Ville servers.. so it isn't really over. I haven't yet sung.

*sniff sniff*
*wipes nose with sleeve*
*quickly wipes tears from eyes*

...i...i knew that...i...i was just making sure you all knew..knew *sniff sniff*...knew that too..

hehe..i guess i got the wrong impression...i thought even the site was gonna go down.
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure Rob never had a clue what he was creating when he started that first server and yet I'm sure the Ville is exactly what he envisioned. A place to play games free of Llamas and other repugnant types. A Cheers like place where you can enjoy a little free time with online friends. Unlike Cheers though, the Ville doesn't end just because the original site is closing. The Ville is more than a Mayor and a couple of servers now. It is now a Mayor and a Community of like minded (on some subjects) individuals who's servers will help continue the Ville philosophy forward.

Thanks Rob, for what you started....
Thom Yorke Obliterator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though it's gone, TV1 will always be remembered as THE TFC server for me. The mother of all servers. The big Kahuna. The King of the Monsters.

Thanks to Rob and all the Villuns for making it so. Servers go down, but memories last a lifetime. Here's to a bright and prosperous future for the Ville and all who frag here.

(BTW, will TV5 be running the customized TV1 Avanti? Sunshine, palm trees, and big statues are the only way to go!)
[BBCAP]Billy Madison

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#Shocked im gonna miss theville1 thats the only place i played ill miss it but #Puppy dog i think i can handel it *sniff sniff*i think i was only there for about a year ............ #morning being up late playing having fun with my friends,but now its closing and i have to leave my mem ories aand *sniff sniff* play somewhere elese thanks for all the great times guys and galls. by the way rob i hope these fun memories last a life time and i was just wanted to thank you

thank for all the good times rob and erveryone else
[BBCAP]Billy Madison

Hello Mr. you dropped your little green backpak
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has TV I been literally the same server this whole time? Just think of how many million (billion?) frags have occurred there! It really was the mother of all avanti servers.

In the immortal words of Winston Churchill:
Quote:
"This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

The Ville will live on
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bobins

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant believe my eyes -- i never thought tv1 n 2 would depart

i haven't been around that long but i grew to love tv1 almost instantly -- it had two sides for me (2 personalities if u like) -- the first is that you could have a real laugh in their -- nearly always had regs in it -- and was a blast -- especially u the other day rob -- even though they were recordings they cracked me up ---- then the other side -- still fun -- but you could have some really intense gaming in their -- non stop action with all you ppl i have grown to love

I'm sorry to see you go tv1 n 2 RIP

*sniffling* tthhhhxxx 4 evvveryything rob *sniffles*

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
SoDum

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GG TVI. GG TVII. You will be missed dearly.
BigCaulk69

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Buford Pusser

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
From Buford Pusser nearly banning me like a Darkw0r (did I just say that?) on day one to now being an admin and being a part of TVB.

Folks......that is exactly the reason I have stayed with The Ville and TVB so long! Yes...in the beginning, Frag and I did not get off on the right foot. But guess what, after playing and chatting together, we worked out our differences, and two players went from n00bs, who didn't get along, to friends and fellow admins. That is the essence of everything positive about The Ville! - A place to learn to play, a place to kick some a$$, a place to hone your advanced skillz, a place to meet new friends and to enjoy the ones you already have, and yes, to meet that someone special....cough-cough

This wonderful gaming community will never die, it will only grow and get better! (temporary setbacks are only obstacles to overcome!!!)

Robert E. Lee works d*mned hard to give us folks a place to play and socialize! And so do all of the admins and server admins!!! (Well....maybe some of US admins don't do as much as we have in the past ....but hey, WE try!) But it is you fine people, that frequent this place, that make it something special!!!!!

LONG LIVE THE VILLE!!!!!! [/quote]
Twisted29

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best server that I've ever set foot in, that simple.

Thanks Rob, you've done more than you know. This is definately not the end though, I've got a lot of frags left in me. How about you?

I'm really quite Non-Twisted... (but don't tell anybody!)

Long live the Ville!!!!
Buford Pusser

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm really quite Non-Twisted...

Actually, Twisted29......I have seen you pretty darned TWISTED!
Like....concing up to the ledge of the 13th or so jump in Tayconc....you looked pretty twisted to me! And thanks for all of your help in the map by the way!
Twisted29

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bufford Pusser, one of the many reasons I keep coming back for more!!
Anytime you want to work on something, you give me a call. I'll help ya whenever I can bro!!

I'm really quite Non-Twisted... (but don't tell anybody!)

Long live the Ville!!!!
Dann0
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob for the best TFC server there ever was.
I Have really enjoyed my time fragging everyone there.
Spanish Warpig

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the great times Rob been fun... and you thought seeing svvord post was wierd glitch just did his first OMG i think that is the lostest ive seen a regular go without a post
glitch

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read the forums, but usually anything I would say has already been said.

Even though this was said too, I felt it's important that it be said by a lot of people.

THANKS Rob.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: