FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Most hated role
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

I HATE
solly
17%
 17%  [ 7 ]
hwg
17%
 17%  [ 7 ]
spy
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
sniper
27%
 27%  [ 11 ]
medic
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
scout
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
engy
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
demo
15%
 15%  [ 6 ]
pyro
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 40

hoaxie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borg wrote:
How about getting a grenade thrown right in the middle of your face. Just ask Hoax how it feels.

It feels quite lovely actually. Nothing like a good exfoliation to rejuvinate the skin!!!

Boohoo, everybody hates me!!!!

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
SoDum

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. I hate your gun. There is a difference.

Stillness of Body, Focus of thought, oneness of spirit. These are the virtues of a concer.

The only man to boycott happiness!
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PondScum007 wrote:
well i cant stand spammy demos

Hehhe, I love being a spammy demo

I know, you also wrote "with no skill" behind that...

Anyway, I have to give some props to RaphX for being a good spammy demo, played against him for the first time yesterday... KTD ratio definitely went down!

I hate spammy demos on your own team when they keep shooting pipes and GL grenades into your back... sorta the same effect of getting rocket bounced to somewhere that you don't want to go! Don't do that! #Cussing out

As far as my own role, I hate having to snipe... I'm no good at that, at all. Sometimes when there's no one else sniping on my team, I give it a shot... then I respawn.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MikeRotch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soldiers dont have to aim? I'm gonna have to disagree with you there DaD. Those things are pretty slow so guessing the movements of the target is very important to the soldier and has to be learned. Plus there are only 4 rockets before you have to reload so spamming them doesnt do much good.

My least favorite to go against is I guess sniper for the same reasons people already said but only on some maps. But the toughest one on one would be a good soldier.
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeRotch wrote:
Soldiers dont have to aim? I'm gonna have to disagree with you there DaD.

I'm referring to the splash damage aspect of it. You don't really aim as you do with other weapons. You shoot roughly where you think he will be and either bounce them around or get the spalsh damage kill, AIMING is NOT required. Also so what if you have 4 rockets, since it takes no more than 2 to kill most classes even if you don't hit them

Sorry , I know that you and many others luv the Solly but be honest, don't you really like them because of the slop the splah damage allows you ? My biggest problem as a soldier is trying to keep from killing myself in close quarters. I don't really find it very challanging to be a soldier, so I seldom do it. The only other challange is long range open areas where you might fear the sniper if he is good. Tell me what can beat 4 soldiers on defense ?

In all seriousness, you play demo very similarly. You seem to think a demo should shoot the pipe bombs and detonate them when they are near the NME or lay the traps etc. I think it takes more skill to AIM and hit them with the grenade launcher. I still do what you say when I'm being chased, but I sure don't think that the triggered pipe bomb takes more skill.

Last edited by CyC0Dad on Mon Jun 17, 2002 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
MuLiShA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What can beat 4 sollys on defense? a mirv
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MuLiShA wrote:
What can beat 4 sollys on defense? a mirv

They aren't that slow and how do you propose to get it thrown ? I've had to play on a team recently where blue had 4 soldiers a medic and a spy vs 2 snipers 1 solly, 1 medic, 1 demo and me. Granted the biggest problem was one of the snipers wanted to defend the well while we were trying to take 3, but it was pretty much pointless against 4 soldiers. I tried all the classes I could. Heck they complained when I went HW and told me that took no skill when they are killing me by "ALMOST" hitting me.
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, MIRVs aren't good for taking out heavy classes. Their initial damage is ok, but the delay between the first boom, and the 6 other booms lets almost everyone run out of the death zone. MIRVs are great for taking out SGs, or confined spots like the deathroom, otherwise, they suck at taking out people.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MikeRotch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 better soldiers or maybe some darn good medics with conc's
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeRotch wrote:
4 better soldiers or maybe some darn good medics with conc's

The 4 better soldiers I'll agree with but the conc doesn't have the same effect on a soldier because of the splash damage. If I can snipe a medic or scout unzoomed when I'm conced I'lll bet a good soldier can splash me when conced. Concs work well against a HW and I wanted a class answer other than more soldiers. I can take on a any class without having to become that class, by switching to the appropriate counter class, except soldier. What is their counter class ?

Last edited by CyC0Dad on Mon Jun 17, 2002 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
MuLiShA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, 1 conc should do the trick
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MuLiShA wrote:
yes, 1 conc should do the trick

LOL, Mulisha, come conc me when I'm a soldier, I'll still send your little medic butt to the moon...asssuming you get the conc where it effects me even. I'm not talking about 4 soldiers sitting in the death room, so there are no one stop shopping easy answers. The 4 soldiers in question were never even in a position where you could get 2 of them with a conc so now you are still getting hit by a minimum of 2 rockets anyway. Sorry, but a GOOD soldier is very tuff because of exactly what I said. They don't even have to AIM to frag your butt

I certainly hope you were being sarcastic
MikeRotch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That conc'ed soldier is only going to get you if you run straight into him
MuLiShA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh i think you misinterpreted what i said. i was saying that 1 conc can get you past almost any solly. When theres 4, you'll need another med with you and the 2 concs will get the sollys that are close and then hit the last sollys with concs. You will most likely get hit by rockets but your speed should be enough to get by. It all depends if there is enough room to get by.
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeRotch wrote:
That conc'ed soldier is only going to get you if you run straight into him

Come on Mike, I know you are better than that. I can manage to aim when conced, so I'm willing to bet you can too. The sight is moving around the middle so all that is needed is aiming high and to the side and you can place the rocket close to where you want it.

What do you aim at Mike ? the ground near the feet or the head ? Maybe the wall behind them for maximum splash damage. It is a kind of aim, but it sure allows for a fair amount of slop.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: