FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Are all scripts considered cheats?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2001 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. No I am not crazy. They’re coming to take me away haha hoho hehe. (Sorry from an old song.)
2. If everyone on an airplane was armed would you try anything?
3. I spoke to several commercial pilots and they say that a hole in the airframe will NOT bring a plane down.
4. Gun control doesn’t work. All it does is take guns from the hands of law-abiding people. Do you think a crook would say “Oh that’s illegal I would buy one of those!” Of coarse not he is a crook and doesn’t care about the law.
5. If it comes down to you or someone trying to kill you it is very easy to kill. Ask any war veteran.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
thewz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2001 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that guns only complicate firearms. Like someone said, you have to be willing to kill someone for a weapon to work. You may think that you can kill someone, but the average man probably could not.

Kronic, of course I knew you were joking...did you know that I was high? WHEEEEEEEEEE STOOGE KILL!!!!!! TRIPLE PIPEBOMB SUPERJUMP!!!!

Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2001 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Duke:
The incident I refer to took place, March 13th, 1996 just at 9.30am:
http://www.netmom.com/cares/dunblane_facts.shtml
I knew 4 of the kids, and a teacher who was injured in that.

For all:
Actually I like roofcutter's idea of sky marshall's - seems safest to me - that and stronger doors.
I don't think it's as simple as having a gun turned on you that would suddenly give you the ability to kill. IMHO The majority of people would hesitate - the hijacker wouldn't.

FingerDemon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2001 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting post... hehe especially the wild twists and turns it's taking.

I tend to have a more liberal view politically on most issues, but this one is sort of complicated to me. My only real desire for any gun control is the saving of innocent lives. I grew up in a rural area where everybody hunts. I have no problem with those people having guns. And I know most of them join the NRA for the safety training they get. I think its pretty rare for them to go killing each other.

If you ever watch the show "The West Wing" you know they are way liberal, but one character is a Republican. She's always got great arguments that are more intelligent than the typical rhetoric I hear around here in DC. (Plus she's hot. ) On the show she criticized the gun control advocates of not pushing gun control for public safety, but because they don't like the people (NRA, lobbyists, etc). Having lived outside of Washington DC my whole life, I have to agree. I would just like to see fewer reports of kids killing themselves or others accidentally, or taking their parents guns to school. I don't like that the NRA uses some pretty hardcore lobbying tactics, but that's not the point. They have the right to do that. I don't want to take anyone's gun away. I don't give a rat's ass about them having it, if they are safe with it. I just want to prevent tragedy. I don't know if I agree with the view some of you have about whether terrorists would be limited in their ability to act because of less gun control. I tend to think they would turn anything they could to their advantage, including access to guns. But who knows?
But I do hope this issue starts getting away from the rhetoric and more towards proposing solutions. Maybe we can come up with new technology that prevents anyone from using the gun, but the owner. Or at least better locks and safetys. Maybe its far fetched now to retrofit a gun that way, but who would have said ten or fifteen years ago that we'd be part of a global community of people who play live 3D wargames with each other on our cheap high-powered computers in our homes?

It's not wrong to try and think of ways to prevent people getting shot. And last time I looked, it was the American way to stand up for your constitutional rights.

Anyway, that's my two cents. Greebo, very sorry to hear about that incident. It sounds like it was terrible.

Oh, and as for the plane with the bullet hole thing. I don't know about the rest of you, but I wouldn't care if the plane was going to crash if I was in the middle of getting sucked out of one of those little bitty windows after it got shot out. Yikes! That's got to hurt.

FingerDemon
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2001 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I really have a problem about guns is, is that they are designed to kill, nothing else.
And I'm sorry but I really really don't like Walmarts and K-Marts storing them, there's just something wrong with having em next to skateboards, clothes and foodstuffs

ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2001 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have had our school shooting here also.
Last March at my nieces high school we had a shooting resulting in 2 deaths and 13 injuries. Than several miles away just a week later another guy shot up a school but fortunatly didn't kill anyone but wounded 2 teachers and 3 students. He was just sentenced in Sept. Yesterday he was found dead in his cell by hanging himself with ripped up sheets. Why can't people just kill themselves first and leave inocents alone I'll never know.

[ This Message was edited by: ROOFCUTTER on 2001-10-30 20:13 ]
DukeNukem
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2001 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Greebo wrote:
What I really have a problem about guns is, is that they are designed to kill, nothing else.
And I'm sorry but I really really don't like Walmarts and K-Marts storing them, there's just something wrong with having em next to skateboards, clothes and foodstuffs

Yes, I agree, they are designed to kill. In a perfect world evil people would be unable to get guns and good people wouldn't need them except for hunting. But evil people CAN get guns [whether they are illegal or not] and good people should be able to defend themselves.

I don't agree with the point of view that says man is basically good and that it is society and other outside influences that make him evil. Instead, I believe human beings are basically bent [C.S. Lewis].

Just as clothes are appropriate in the real world of fallen humans, guns are a necessary "evil".

I must admit having them at the X-marts next to the groceries is a little strange and troubling.

I stink, therefore I SPAM! [doctored Descartes]

[ This Message was edited by: DukeNukem on 2001-11-05 18:47 ]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: