FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Conc jumping
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blown

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont know if this is correct, but I just do HH concs and look slightly above where I want to go. Like on avanti, from below to cap 2 I look at the roof line just above cap 2. Or striaght up if I want to go straight up. For distance look just slightly up. I dont change my timing at all doing it this way. Makes it easy for me as long as the ping is somewhat stable, seems ping really messes me up on HH concs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
rAT bOY

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah sometimes this happens. Not when a grenade blows off, but when the Half-life voice talks, like when it tells you how much time is left. When there's game sounds such as explosions or shots, the timer is fine.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
QuasiModo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good way to start getting your timing down on a HH is to create your own 2fort game and practice a running HH from the ramp room to land in the elevator room...you wont have a ping problem, no one will be shooting you, and if you do it in your base you can hit resupply for more conc nades quickly...once you get the feel you can move on to other maps and adjust for your ping...
SharpShooterAE2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

| start here
| _________
| |
| |
_______________ |
|
|
get here |
_______vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv|___________

---------------------------------------------------
how could i do this jump?
v=water
water=bad
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SharpShooterAE2 wrote:
| start here
| _________
| |
| |
_______________ |
|
|
get here |
_______vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv|___________

---------------------------------------------------
how could i do this jump?
v=water
water=bad

Anyone else completely befuddled by that diagram? It looks nice, but what is it we're supposed to be looking at? #Beammeup-alien
SoDum

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what it looks, it's a fairly simple jump. Just drop one into the water and time it right, and it will shoot you back once you drop down from the ledge... If the water is shallow enough. If not... Good luck, but hold one until you drop down, toss it right as you fall below the ledge out forward and down some... And it doesn't hurt to pray while you are at it.

On the other hand, i really am just going from what i think here, cause i don't understand that art work very much.

Stillness of Body, Focus of thought, oneness of spirit. These are the virtues of a concer.

The only man to boycott happiness!
rAT bOY

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since there's some ground on the side of the water, you can go there and conc across the water. Or do what JR said.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ameanman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe...does that diagram look as good/make sense as much as mine?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: