FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tips on Neo-TF mod

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omega_initiative

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey John and anybody, I am pretty lost on how to do the cool stuff on the neo-tf mod. Can you guys explain how to do all the nifty cool little things? Sorry i am just computer illiterate you know? All I know is how to kill people. That is all I know. Please explain the feature to me, so I can know more methods of killing.

Last Of The Finest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2001-10-23 04:25, omega_initiative wrote:
Hey John and anybody, I am pretty lost on how to do the cool stuff on the neo-tf mod. Can you guys explain how to do all the nifty cool little things? Sorry i am just computer illiterate you know? All I know is how to kill people. That is all I know. Please explain the feature to me, so I can know more methods of killing.

It's pretty easy to get something going, if you have patience and can deal with editing a couple of documents.

First, Rob posted a txt file link on the front page to the readme. save that file and use it for your commands.

Inside that file are the new commands for the program. For example, there's something for Engies to build their multiguns. (Which are cool but do have the anti-spy technique that is kind of eh. ANother post for another time)

Inside your main TFC directory, you'll see a file called "engineer.cfg", which is a class based config file. You can bind a key in that file to the command to build the multigun. typical bind command, if someone reading this doesn't know is.

bind <key> "<command>"

Now, this is pretty easy, but you need to do another thing to get this to work. Inside config.cfg, you have to set a command to allow this to be read.

I _think_ the command is:

setinfo "ec" "1"

That should allow the class-specific binds to be loaded.

FYI, the new Engineer commands in NeoTF are:

+sgcam (SG Cameras)
sgcam_switch (Switching between cameras)
buildspecial (Building your MultiGun)
detspecial (Destroying your Multigun)

There are, I'm sure, many many more people who could help you get started with Config files, because I'm a relative noob myself when it comes to them. However, this is the way I got my stuff to work today, so it might help you.

As always, Your Milage May Vary.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good start LOTF. Here's s'more.

After building an MG (Multi Gun) if a player from your team touchs the gun the gun changes. A spy will change it into a telsa coil ( YPAWOM's Christmas tree - Ho Ho ), a sniper will change it heat seekers? Pyro (hmm trying to remember) Laser guided missles?

Oh, if you build a dispenser and then a medic touches it with his medkit, then the dispenser dispenses health (about 5 health a second ) to anyone who is standing inside the red rings that come out of the disp. Spies and scouts can call in airstrikes from above by looking up and using command "airstrike" (either console or keybind). a green ring will eminate from that location momentary and then half dozen bombs drop and wipeout anything in that immediate area. These are just some of the things I saw and did last night. Someone take it further so I can learn more to!

Magoo
Warhammer
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snipers also have a "laser guided rocket" feature that they can use with the _special2 command. As mentioned above, bind "_special2" as a command to a key. Apparently if an engineer builds a minigun that a soldier turns into a rocket launcher, or if there is a soldier in the area, a sniper can call in a laser guided rocket attack using "_special2". I haven't seen any teams coordinated enough to do this, but it's one of the other things you can do.

Snipers can also build anti-missile pods, which look like the Half-Life cell packs. "buildspecial" will drop one out, and it will try to shoot down incoming rockets.
Robert E. Lee

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2001 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DON'T HIT YOUR MG. You can't repair it. When you hit it with your spanner it's only hurting it. That goes for someone elses MG too.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: