FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Problem with NEO-TF mod

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omega_initiative

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez, I don't know if any of you would have this problem with the neo-tf mod running on TVII. The thing is it's really cool and I love it. But it's really unstable. I would be able to log on and play for about 15 min or less, then my computer would restart itself without me touching anything. Then my whole computer will reboot and i have to log back on if I feel like playing. Also, sometimes, my computer will give the blue screen of death and say "Memory Disparity: System Halt," or something like that.

Man, I really don't know what's up. Why would I log onto a server and the server will actually affect my computer? At most I expected that my computer to just freeze up and or have disconnection problem. Hmmm...... This neo-tf mod thing is kind of weird. Can anybody solve my query?

[ This Message was edited by: omega_initiative on 2001-10-25 13:08 ]
Robert E. Lee

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this only server this happens on? I really can't see NTF bringing your whole system down. The only thing different is that there are 2 extra models used. Everything else is server-side.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its problems like this why i suggested no NTF on AV... however I think it's fixed now. My neo-murderball server went down yesterday to update the NTF mod, and when it came back up the line about it being unstable was gone. Upgrade the server john, i think that should fix all the probs.
Robert E. Lee

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The server already runs the latest version from NTF, and the latest beta from Valve.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omega you are not alone I can hardly ever get in and when I do it kicks me out the longest I've ever gone without being kicked out is about an hour but goldem mine ain't fixed I can't get in even now

[ This Message was edited by: Kronic on 2001-10-25 16:29 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
omega_initiative

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah ROb, that's why I am wondering, how can the server rbingmy computer down like that. It was weird. That also happens to me when I go to uppicker.net's server. So I am wonderig if it is actually my system's problem. Is it because my system does not meet the requirement for this mod????

Well, I have a PIII 500 Celeron processor, with 128mb RAM. But I am not sure what video card I have. Anything else in my computer that might screw things up??? I want to know, because I really like the features in NTF mod. Especially that tesla coil, that thing is DOPE! I don't know. HELP?!

Robert E. Lee

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The kicking problem is a Valve problem, it happens to alot of players including myself. I really don't know what could be happening with your system Omega, that's strange. Anyone else having this problem?

Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing NTF does to my computer is that it crashs and TVll goes down and that is it. And then I just join back in and it is completly a new game with like one person in the game. The server crashes like every 15 min.

PICKACHU GOT OWNED!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Robert E. Lee

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, It only crashed once tonight and twice last night. And with Valve's latest beta patch, Gamehost now works again to restart the server as soon as it crashes.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2001 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man I can hardly ever get in and when I do it sometimes.... most times kicks me out. I have a shitbox but if omega is having the same problem it can't be my hardware
Robert E. Lee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2001 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you not get in because it's full? And regarding the kicking read my last reply on this topic.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2001 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a few things to look at:
1 write down the message in the blue screen
2 go to microsoft.com web site
3 click on support and the knowledge data base
4 search for the error
This may tell you what is going on.

Also make sure you don't have the ville web site running in the background when you play the game. Ihave found that the popups eat up system resources like crazy. I'm not saying that is the problem but it could be making things worse.
The best way to play is to not having anything else running in back ground.

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: