FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Crosshair

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DreadVile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2001 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone else play without a crosshair. I have for about a year(all my on-line games). It seems to help a bit with aim. Instead of lining up the crosshair you know where it is going to hit and are alittle faster on the draw. I am an average player, but I have seen an improvment since changing over. Anyone else do this?

-Dread

John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2001 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always played with teh default crosshairs. Some players have changed thiers, others have never heard of the concept.

I too would like to hear about peoples experiences with crosshairs and their thoughts on them.
Dgenr8

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2001 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it really depends on the class. I've tried d/l some crosshairs from other servers and using them, but for the most part I have been dissapointed. They usaully are more distracting than useful. For example I had one for sniper that I was using, but the crosshair was so large that I couldnt see enemies from far out (the crosshair got in the way not to mention when you want to nail that demoman with his foot sticking aorund the corner and that your only target ) nothing beats the plain red dot. Although I do have one now that is really nice for long distance shots... sometimes its so far that your red dot isnt visible... for those its essential to have a crosshair. Also if the background is red, then you cant see the dot.. so crosshairs make it easier to see where you are aiming.

I know I'm not Mr Gibs or Munkeyeye, so I can't use the force, I have to rely on my site!

For other classes such as Soldg, you never really aim at the person, but lead them, we arent talking laser surgery here its a rocket launcher... so its not needed really.

Most weapons dont even hit the intended target with a crosshair they just get you close. When your talking about a shotgun or someting its going to spread out anyways so its not a major issue. I think some people rely to heavily on their corsshair and get mad when they dont get a kill... "but I hit you 25 times and you didnt die." Correction you may have been aiming at me but aiming and hitting are 2 different things. With any weapon you can see if and where you are hitting the enemy target becuase of the blood splatter.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DreadVile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2001 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"""I think some people rely to heavily on their corsshair and get mad when they dont get a kill... "but I hit you 25 times and you didnt die." Correction you may have been aiming at me but aiming and hitting are 2 different things."""" -Dgenr8

I could not agree more...that is why I have not used a crosshair in like 2 years(Dif games). I spent more time lining things up then I did shooting.

ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2001 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use my crosshairs when playing soldier. When looking at someone to get their name it's easier for me to put crosshairs on them and wait for the information to pop-up. This is a benifit at long range mostly.
When popping SG from the courtyard out side of the gate furthest from cp1 in avanti. I put crosshairs on SG as you jump and fire.
I guess I could do with out it but I wouldn't. When close in though I just face and shoot from the hip. So I guess I use it both ways, sometimes yes and sometimes no.

YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I use crosshairs all the time, wouldn't leave the house without them. That's why they were invented, to get your aim on. They work for me quite well, plus I like to use them to highlight players on my team to see who they are and check for spies and such. Lots better accuracy, saves time, allows me to get to killing the next person faster.

JohnCarterofMars

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes they seem to work very well for you YPAWOM. I was schooled by your powers of the crosshair last night! LOL! I enjoyed it and I would have to say that as long as those nasty little hairs don't get in my soup, then I leave them on too! HAHAHAH!

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GoLeM

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a sniper crosshairs are very important. When there is a fast moving target I don't actually line it up but just throw my mouse towards the person and fire. Without knowing exactly where the red dot is to begin with it would be much harder to know exactly how much to move your mouse. Also the red dot is essential for long distance kill shots. I have noticed that my aim is much worse when I can't see the dot because it blends in.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: