FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Episode II thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 1:49 am    Post subject: Episode II thread Reply with quote

In an effort to keep the Star Wars Episode II reactions to one thread, try to keep 'em here

I just got back from seeing it, and as a dedicated Star Wars geek, I think it rocked. The best of the 5 movies so far.

Yoda rules. enough said.

I like seeing "the birth of the empire", that's pretty darned cool.

I gotta go let it all sink in now, what are your opinions of it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Brujah

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm if you wanted em all in one thread.. why didn't you post to the other one? *shrug*

anyway it was kewl... and as I stated in the other thread.. you ep1 haters can kissem my assem ... if you hated ep1.. well then I guess your not a star wars geek eh? >:P
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say is.....wow. So many cool parallels to ESB and other parts of the original trilogy.

Yoda= mind blowing......all I can say.....mind blowing.
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehehe, yeah, but the other thread was "who's gonna see it", not "what did you think of it"... I guess that would be the natural progression of the thread though... oh well, I was still in awe, wasn't thinking! LOL

Yeah, yoda rules

Did you find the bed-nightmare scene as hilarious as we did? I guess maybe we shouldn't have been snickering about Amidala and Anikin's "relationship", but hey, the comments on that were darned hilarious!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Brujah

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no the part that still strikes me funny is when....

the matrix teaser came on and everyone cheered

then the date popped up and everyone "AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW"ed

and after everyone stopped awwing... all you heard was lil old Brujah Laughing at all the idiots
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROFL! That was great, they started booing in our theater! We rarely get the excited fans at movies here in "small town MinneSNOWta"... it's refreshing

Did you also have the "Bod" body spray crap commercials? LOL, I was crying laughing when my buddy "switched on his gay-dar" when those started... You haven't lived until you see that commercial! *gag*

Or the preview for the "be like mike" movie? Oh my, the heckling was pretty intense for that, too.
Brujah

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think our previews consisted of

Matrix movies
Undercover brother
MIB2 (oh yeah baby.. that's next .. after see ep 2 60 more times )
Austin Powers Goldmember
Minority Report (hmm interesting concept still... probably gonna suck)

and I think that was it

all of em were kewl

I think there was one at the begining I'm forgeting about... oh yeah

spy kids 2(wow you mean people watched the first one)
oh and the new 007 movie

I think thats it but who da hell knows with me..
but apparently we got kewl previews compared to yer be like mike one(I've seen that before.. looks commical but dumb)

oh and I side note .. people laughed when they saw the irony in what they did
OS

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brujah wrote:
I think our previews consisted of

Matrix movies

MIB2

Austin Powers Goldmember

the new 007 movie

Add Star Wars 2, and you got a hell of a lot of movies that I really want to see!

Can't wait to see Star Wars though, it's gonna be great! Was it Dahak who said it sucked, or was that someone else?
FingerDemon

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I can say that I thought EPI definitely had its lame points, but I am still a Star Wars geek. And I can say that because I was a freakin Star Wars geek when most of you were just a gleam in your Papa's eye.

But it did have that great saber duel at the end to make up for the weak points. I hope EPII can offer at least something similar.

I thought Jar Jar was the lamest thing of EP1. Him and Boss Nass. And maybe I just need intensive counseling but everytime I heard him say, " Meesa..." this and "Meesa... " that, I thought of the prostitute in Full Metal Jacket who says, "Me so horny. Me love you long time."

Needless to say, its a disturbing image to have going through your head.

But I do have advance tickets for tonights showing at 7:30 at my local theater. I am very excited about seeing it. I am dragging my wife and sister even though they probably don't actually want to go. And to prove my geekdom, I sync my Palm PDA everyday to AvantGo where I can get Sci-Fi Wire news about EPII rumors. I started right after EPI came out. So there SW geek wannabes! Sounds like I don't have to worry too much about arriving late if they are showing all those trailers. Man, what did that add a half hour to the show?

Can't wait. It will be hard to focus on work today.

<TVB>FingerDemon-VS[/b]
bobins

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can't wait ( jumping up and down on the chair ) i got tickets for the first showing at my local cinema -- it starts at 7:30 pm uk time

only 5 and a half hours left

i was calm and controled untill i read your posts

not only do i get to c the next installment of star wars ( yippy ) but i might even get to c trailers of the next matrix movie ( heaven )

only 5 hours and 28 mins left now
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dahak

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a good link about all the characters

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2002/coming.attractions/stories/star.wars/index.html
OSU Snipe Shocker

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW

That was the only thing any of my friends could say when we left the theatre. That whole movie was freaking Mind Blowing. It was so good.

That nightmare scene was totally unnecessary.

Yoda=Bad Ass. When he came on screen everyone started applauding, then when he threw back his robe, I swear, everyone in the theatre collectively went, "OH SHEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!" That was freakin sweet.

The only bad thing for us was that during about 30 seconds of obi-wan on Geonosis, the sound cut out. It sucked, but to make up for it, the movie theatre gave everyone a free ticket to see it again. SO I get to see it again for free. Probably go this weekend or sometime soon.

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Go George Lucas, way to "redeem" yourself.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Brujah

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OSU Snipe Shocker wrote:
The only bad thing for us was that during about 30 seconds of obi-wan on Geonosis, the sound cut out. It sucked, but to make up for it, the movie theatre gave everyone a free ticket to see it again. SO I get to see it again for free. Probably go this weekend or sometime soon.

DAMN YOU!! And I hafta PAY! heh
three_gunn

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FingerDemon wrote:
everytime I heard him say, " Meesa..." this and "Meesa... " that, I thought of the prostitute in Full Metal Jacket who says, "Me so horny. Me love you long time."
<TVB>FingerDemon-VS[/b]

"anyting you want..."

-commin' from a non-star wars geek that saw a midnight showing...it was entertaining. yoda rawked...and natalie portman...well...she was scrumptious as always. mmm mmm mmmmmmmmm. i only know the basic story line thanks to my friends who insisted on waiting in line dressed as a jedi, complimented by a haasbro light saber replica...a lot of action to keep you moving your head left to right(if you get there late and end up in the front)....you wont be dissapointed.
three_gunn

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OSU Snipe Shocker wrote:

That nightmare scene was totally unnecessary

HAHAHHAHAHAAH...put it this way...people in our theatre were yelling out some pretty nasty stuff....saying that someone *coughPadmécough* was under the covers...doin someone *coughAnakincough* a favor...you star wars geeks have dirty minds!!

Last edited by three_gunn on Thu May 16, 2002 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: