FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Scripts? What the hell are they? (Trigger Speaks)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you use a script?
Yes?
91%
 91%  [ 11 ]
I think I'll pass thank you.
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12

Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lin that script is the least of my worries - but it is nevertheless a script.
And if you allow them, then why stop there?
What about the throw backpack and feign death script for spies?
The script the puts demo pipebombs on the ground at your feet?

PHISH:

Blown

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats why we have a man named Rob that can decide for us whats acceptable to use and what not acceptable. I for one asked prior to ever adding my script if it was cool with him and he voiced no problem to me. His word is the last word IMO.

The demo script is nearly impossible to do hence the reason why it would be wrong, same with the spy one. But the nade, reload, sg build rotate, build disp/det disp are normal keys that can be bound and combined using a script. If you read the manual all I see is they tell you how to do communication in game by pressing the key and then typing in your message, but you have it bound to do it all in one keystroke. Really, how is that soooo different than having one key do two different tasks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because speaking isn't an action.

But because you seem to think it is - I've deleted the team_says on spies (not the other ones because they're not game related).

Now:

Rob's word has final say on the servers, yes, but not on peoples opinions.
.::Kilaak-Elite::.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if any bind to a key that would perform two actions is cheating then what do you think of the binds for grenades? If the grenade button is pressed (+gren=+primegrenade), the grenade is primed. When the button is released (-gren=tossgrenade), the grenade is tossed. So isn't that one button that performs two separate actions, prime and toss? So I guess 99% of us cheat.

Also, if a script for automatic reloading or a bind to your control keys for reloading is cheating, then would I be cheating if I tape down my reload button with scotch tape? That way I don't have to worry about reloading has much. (Ok it may not work very well taping your key down due to the fact that you have to tape it down again after death.)

I also bind to one of my keys so that everytime I would toss the flag, it would "say_team The flag has been tossed %h health %a armor". Is that cheating for performing two actions, tossitem and say_team?

I think that basically it comes all down to skill. These script isn't gonna help you kill the opposing player anybetter with or without IMHO. It just makes things alot more efficient.

my 2 cents

----------------------------------------------------
|<||_@@|< 3|_|73
Blown

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO@The Ghetto Tape Reload Trick........Niiiiiiiice
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.::Kilaak-Elite::. wrote:
So if any bind to a key that would perform two actions is cheating then what do you think of the binds for grenades? If the grenade button is pressed (+gren=+primegrenade), the grenade is primed. When the button is released (-gren=tossgrenade), the grenade is tossed. So isn't that one button that performs two separate actions, prime and toss? So I guess 99% of us cheat.

No, that's a bind that comes with the game - is therefore stupid to call it a cheat.

Also, if a script for automatic reloading or a bind to your control keys for reloading is cheating, then would I be cheating if I tape down my reload button with scotch tape? That way I don't have to worry about reloading has much. (Ok it may not work very well taping your key down due to the fact that you have to tape it down again after death.)

Don't be obtuse - what you do to your keyboard is irrelevant.

I also bind to one of my keys so that everytime I would toss the flag, it would "say_team The flag has been tossed %h health %a armor". Is that cheating for performing two actions, tossitem and say_team?

Yes - though not as much of one as the reload one.
Do you want to have spam scripts then:
"I'm moving forward"
"I'm strafing left"
"I'm jumping"
"I'm ducking"
etc
PHISH

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greebo: I was just pointing out how ridiculous it is to be a hardass about a simple bind/script that streamlines a skilless repetitve task, didn't mean to come on so strong, my apologies.

Quote:
The script the puts demo pipebombs on the ground at your feet?

This IS cheap in my opinon because it can't be done manually(you cannot look down and lay a pipe so it bounces directly up and lands precisely on that spot), on some maps it gives you a big advantage (like placing pipes on flag on darkness where it's impossible to bounce them off walls).
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: