FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Railgun Tips

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enrico

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know if anyone will call this a "tip", mostly because of a strong dislike for the railgun, but its not that bad. The slugs themselves are pretty powerful per shot so it will only take 10 or 15 good hits to take down a medium class. The big problems with it are that the slugs have a travel time and carry your momentum (if you are shooting while sidestepping, they will move slightly in your direction), but if you can lead the shots its not that bad. Also, the ever vigalant spy checkers will knock you around a lot too. Now i know that the Super Shotgun surpasses the rail in most catagories but its spread is a problem. Its great for taking pot shots at snipers and sgs at long range, but because they have travel time, they dont work so well against long range moving targets.
PondScum007

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh you aniled me a few times with the railgun today; it cure can be put to good use...ive even gibbed foxbots with it, dunno how though but its hillaiour wathing bot after bot explode from being hit with the green splet ;>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pondscum, how do you get that signature, its cool.

Bada Bing

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The railgun is intended to kill sgs and does so very quickly It also works well to point out the enemy to teamates if you are low on shotgun shells or you are reloading

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RailGun can also be useful as "suppressing fire"... basically long distance spam. Since people can see it coming, you never hit anything with it, but it makes them move/duck... which can let you or a teammate advance freely. It's also nice since it has a HUGE ammo clip... no reloading needed.

I think it's safe to say that "good engies" don't run around with it, since an engie with a railgun should basically have a big red arrow over his head that says "I'm a nOOb or a Spy, just shoot me!" If you do run around with the RailGun out, please please please just shoot it once when you see teammates... then if they start shooting at you, they're the nOObs, not you!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
three_gunn

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i used to use the railgun a lot, i saw it as a panic weapon...someone mentioned earlier how it can surpress-thats a perfect explanation of it...i saw it as a panic weapon because of its amount of repetative fire...i would spray my "star wars" type laser into someones direction for awhile(hopefully being accurate hehe)...they then would start losing their concentration and panic...looking for resupply bags for the armor im constantly stripping off(then as soon as he/she finds a resupply bag, i get punished beyond belief)
SoDum

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2002 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Also, the ever vigalant spy checkers will knock you around a lot too.

You arn't kidding!

JR's tip on the subject: Never, Ever, -Eeever- come out from your teams water grate in crossover2 as an engie with a railgun. -Ever-. You will be bombarded by a HW, four rockets, two emps, a few pyro rockets, medic nails, and a spies super shotgun. Why? Because i said so.

That's what happened to me anyway. I probably killed a third of my team from mirror damage right there.

That was how my sig was born, too.

Stillness of Body, Focus of thought, oneness of spirit. These are the virtues of a concer.

The only man to boycott happiness!
South-American Fire Ant

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2002 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i gotta tip...

don't use the railgun.

XEPT maybe for sgs! but thats it!

ju00r phier atn,
m3
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: