FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Warpigs sniper sugestions

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spanish Warpig

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does he always kill me? you ask... How is he that fast? Truth is i do have very good reactions but i hardly ever use them. defending cap 3 on avanti get behind the sandbags charge your shot and strafe untill you can just see the back wall through the hole. as soon as you do fire. this works wonders against those snipers that you just cant seem to kill. use this strategy where ever you can. as long as there are decent enemy snipers you can usualy get them with it. another thing to do is dont zoom when you dont have to. when zoomed out it is much easier to hit those soldiers at point blank range.
Trigger Happy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff Pig. Glad to see you giving out tips to people

- Sig Made By <TVB>Bada^Bing-TPF-
PondScum007

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my #1 sniper tip:

if you see a hw and dont have at least a 5 sec charge, RUN!!!

;>

but really, theres no way an autorifle and 2 grandes can take outa hw...so get outta there and fast!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Truth's Tip

Aim for the head!!!

This is very very important if you don't have a full charge built up. Head shots are much more powerful. A fully charged body shot can kill anything execpt an HWguy, but a Head Shot can kill anything. Here's an excert from my logs:

(With a broke finger too)

2002-04-10 20:16:09 Kill I killed <TVB>Monk-R- with headshot. TheVille.org I avanti
2002-04-10 20:16:06 Kill I killed DarkStrife with headshot. TheVille.org I avanti
2002-04-10 20:15:58 Kill I killed Titanis with headshot. TheVille.org I avanti
2002-04-10 20:15:54 Kill I killed Captain Xavier Rhone with headshot. TheVille.org I avanti
2002-04-10 20:15:48 Kill I killed MarsNergal with headshot. TheVille.org I avanti

I believe I killed two HWguys, a sniper, and two demomen. No way I could've done it so fast (20 seconds) if I had hit them in the body...so just remember aim for the head.

ToRaK

Ludacris

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get lucky sniping most of the time. I usually go (in avanti) up to the church and snipe out from there.

#1 tip: SHOOT SVVORD FAST!!!!!!and duck
ToRaK

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*cough* Freshness dating!!! *cough*

ToRaK
Monk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToRaK wrote:
The Truth's Tip

2002-04-10 20:16:09 Kill I killed <TVB>Monk-R- with headshot. TheVille.org I avanti
2002-04-10 20:16:06 Kill I killed DarkStrife with headshot. TheVille.org I avanti
2002-04-10 20:15:58 Kill I killed Titanis with headshot. TheVille.org I avanti
2002-04-10 20:15:54 Kill I killed Captain Xavier Rhone with headshot. TheVille.org I avanti
2002-04-10 20:15:48 Kill I killed MarsNergal with headshot. TheVille.org I avanti

Hehe, don't let the admins see that CHEETUR!
sSdD

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha my tip is...

Never... i repeat NEVER stop moving... always strafe from side to side... u never knw when ur being watched or have a dot on you i try to never stop moving.. and i aim for....... head if low charge... and chest/torso for a good one.. and i also try and pick out those that are a threat to me.. on avanti i'll let a hw come if he's in a group.. maybe injure him for a solly to finish... but always pick out the most dangerous... like i try and pick ToR and VP when they're on the otehr team b/c they're some of my worst enemies.. always find a way to kill me... so kill the MVP of the group
South-American Fire Ant

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2002 1:03 am    Post subject: my tip! Reply with quote

if j00r fac3ing a r34lly g00d aniper...

th3 be$+ w@y to pwn th3m is 2 sh00t @t wh3|2e j00 thInk tehy r goona b.

n0 f@$t3r reaxi0ns th4n dAt!

jj00r Phire Anht,

m3
OS

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2002 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PondScum007 wrote:
my #1 sniper tip:

if you see a hw and dont have at least a 5 sec charge, RUN!!!

;>

but really, theres no way an autorifle and 2 grandes can take outa hw...so get outta there and fast!

I'm pretty bad at sniper, and I'll try your tactic out Pig. Thanks. But I have a question.

Quote:
at least a 5 sec charge

Does the power of the bullet get stronger the longer you hold it? I always thought there was an average shot and a charged up shot. I must be wrong....
SoDum

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2002 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It caps just past three seconds. I think it was something like 3.25294 ot something freaky like that if you are looking for exacts. It's a rather sharp incline. Just taping it is about as strong as an autorifle shot. A full charge can do nearly 350 points of damage to the body, and a crazy amount to the head. In the middle, it can take out a engie or sniper maybe, depending. So, yes, it does change depending on how long you charge it, it just has a rather low cap, considering.

Err, Fire ant, you arn't always going to talk like that. Are you? We get enough annoying, hard to read speak from Kilaaks. Last thing we need is a l337 speaker.

Stillness of Body, Focus of thought, oneness of spirit. These are the virtues of a concer.

The only man to boycott happiness!
South-American Fire Ant

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2002 10:50 pm    Post subject: you know... Reply with quote

i was gonna, but then i figured it would be pretty annoying... so i decided not to.

but i'm gonna leave this!

j00r phir3 @n+,
m3
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: