FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Aimbots

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hoaxie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I hear people talking about AIMBOTS. I am wondering... What classes can and cannot use them? Are they detectable by anti-cheat software? Are there any signs, other than insane accuracy, that they are being used? For example, are they jittery?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The older ones are pretty noticiable for the most part. The most common aimbots are used by snipers. One way to check if it's an Aimbot is to get in close to the sniper, and then start shooting at him, if he stutters/hesitates and then "locks on" to you and starts firing the auto rifle while tracking you like mad, he's a hoser. Another one is constant headshots regardless of whether or not he's even looking at you. I went up against some aimbotters in CS a while back before CS guard existed. There are ways to fool the bots, but they take time and a ton of luck. I eventually got them to accuse me of cheating because they couldn't hit me, and in the process admit they had an Aimbot. Stupid AWPers...

As for other classes using aimbot, I've heard of soldiers using a rocket hack that works like a tracer and will follow you around, but I haven't seen one of those in a long time. I'm not aware of other classes benefitting from aimbots, but soldiers are the most likely candidates.
gindapoo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran into a situation where a person claimed to use an aimbot with the supershotty. Always hit and always took max damage when they hit me. Killed me when I was a full strength solly in 4 shots, even while I was bouncing them around with rockets.

Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I've taken down soldiers in very few Super shotty hits. There are days when I've taken down Soldiers in 3 shots, but that was almost point blank though.
gindapoo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy claimed to have an aimbot, so I don't know...but he NEVER missed, even after being blown in the air by a rocket blast, he shot (in air) and hit me with full damage.

I do know that some of the sniper aimbots are real PITAs. They never miss and it is very hard to kill them because they always seem to get the first shot.

[ This Message was edited by: gindapoo on 2002-04-24 13:31 ]
Trigger Happy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I heard about that Souljah hack before, the tracer one right. I heard when shot, they can trace their enemies like a homing missle. Kind of ghey is you ask me, but it is really lethal. Imagine from far away once shot it can render lots of damage. Mmmm..., kind of crazy. What else are they going to think of next.

- Sig Made By <TVB>Bada^Bing-TPF-
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aim bots work for sollies, but unless you have one hell of a good aimbot (one in which I haven't seen yet, or atleast not hlh or ogc), the rockets go to where the person is currently, so by the time the rockets get to the person, it will have been avoided (once again, unless you make an amazing prediction code in which I haven't seen yet). Also, aimbots do not do grenades for you. You can still use them, but they do not prime and throw them for you. As for detection, almost all of them are, except for the few that I'm not going to mention here. It might help clarrify the confusion on aimbots if I tell you how they work.

A) They are hook in windows. The file, half-life/valve/cl_dlls/client.dll exports many functions used for entities, but mainly, the HUD_ functions. One that comes to mind is HUD_PlayerMove, this is quite useful to an aimbot. What a hook does, is intersept the data and can change it. So for HUD_PlayerMove, it doesn't change it, but it does record the data.

B) As you know, server side plugins can do just about anything. Well, so can client hooks, by changing what is sent to the server. Once an aimbot knows someone is in site, and in range (depending on the aimbot, ogc doesn't care about range while hlh does), it will use the fire command, just like a server side plugin can modify commands.

cmd->buttons &= ~IN_ATTACK;
cmd->buttons &= ~IN_ATTACK2;
^^^ hlh
if (pEntity->v.button & ( IN_ATTACK | IN_ATTACK2 )) {
pEntity->v.button = 0;
}
^^^ chicken mod

It's not exactly the same due to the nature of the coding.

As for esp, it just renders an object onto the player. For the opengl hack, it unlocks some cvars by patching the memory, and then changes cvars like r_wireframe.

The speed hack, takes what your system thinks of time, and multiplies it by the speed multiplier (I don't know it exactly, but I think it's around 2) and hl makes everything go faster. Because it is changing it like that, you cannot only speed hack shooting, but not walking, or not drown faster, it's a complete speed hack. Also, you can only use it for 1 second every 3 seconds. I would go into greater detail, but I don't understand much of the code.

The fake radar is simply a box drawn on the canvas (because hl thinks this is the real client.dll's data, you can do anything that is in the sdk to hl), a couple of lines, and some coloured dots for the player positions. This is acually one of the smallest cpp files in hlh.

This is just an over few, I really don't think this can give someone enough to make an aimbot, so please don't take it that way. Some things like hooks I don't have a perfect knowledge of, so don't bother looking around the internet all night just to prove me wrong. In general, the coding of the aimbots is very complex, and most new aimbots are just based off the existing code(that imo, was very good work, even if it was to a bad cause) by system, pharlap, and bunny771.

God do I have a big memory.

(+)ASSASSIN(+)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All that BS just to cheat?? What a major waste of time.
*mumbles something incohereantly about cheaters*

Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, when I first looked at the source I was amazed, I suck at coding, and to me it looks like a heck of a lot of work, heck the coding is almost litterally it's own mod of hl. What a waste is right.
Ludacris

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 example of aimbot: Guy type-R

Thats what i think.
Computer

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok i for the most part understand what you are talking about about how Aimbots work. What about wallhacks, does it just modify the textures of the walls so that you can see through them? And I've seen some that actually identify all the players on the opposing team by marking them with for instance a triangle over there head. I can imagine how the coding would work seeing as how im working towards my degree in computer science and i'm taking c++ i'd like to see the code out of curiousity. I might IM you Lin.
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wallhacks take advantage of a...well not an error as such, just the code of Halflife multiplayer.

In HL multiplayer (any mod) the server and I think you, the client, "knows" the location of every player controlled entity as well as medpacks/backpacks etc.

Wallhacks exploit this by displaying them when you normally couldn't see them.

Not sure how it achieves the transparency effect of the walls but that's how it works, partially.
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Trigger I saw a guy at KEEGS with the solly hack and I told the uZ admin to watch him and he was like damn I have never seen that !!LOL type r guy got banned there for an aimbot too It was bs this guy he played sniper the map before on crossover2 and would get on our roof and it took like 6 people to kill his hacking *** off our roof at least I think they run CSGuard and are going to be cheating death required soon I have run into hws even with a medium ping just melt half a team in seconds so I think any class can use hacks/aimbots.Aimbots also are adjustable to shoot specific areas head,neck,torso,and legs.One that pissed me off and the guy refused to explain was on acropolis2 on the long sniper ramp I was at one end as engy and he was on the other end.A very long distance and he basically could kill me at full health no nades first in 2 shotgun blasts BS bah.He soon stopped playing here before I became an admin and I was happy to see he didn't come back

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: