FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Why does everyone hate HW's?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Computer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-04-04 09:47, Sneaky_Lil_Mikey wrote:

I really hate seeing a spy run past my whole team kill my SG and not a single person shoot at him.

gindapoo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-04-04 00:36, Ikana wrote:
It's not being an hw guy that's bad... It's in a small game (under 10 or so) and then you have two hw guys at a time attacking. I've had to fight 2 hws alone before. That's when it's extremely lame.

Any time hw guy is used for attacking is lame. They are meant for defense.

I disagree. If the defenders have HW then the attackers, by necessity, will need HW also. The HW can take a lot of punishment, and dish out the same. I don't know how many times I have seen a scout easily cap 3 in Avanti while BOTH sgs were targeting a HW--the dreaded cannon fodder run. A good HW (YPAWOM, Rata, Nurplit, etc.--sorry if I left anyone out) can drive the offense by shredding the defense.

I like to play HW, yes, but I also like to play scout, solly, med, snipe, heck I have been playing random alot recently. But there are times when the offense just is stuck without a HW.
Ikana

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-04-04 10:57, gindapoo wrote:
I disagree. If the defenders have HW then the attackers, by necessity, will need HW also.

No, I don't think so. I if an attacking team has 2 hws, there is nothing engineers can do to stop them if they don't have emps (like on avanti) and they require a far more than reasonable amount of skill and teamwork compared to what is required for the attackers. It takes a very long time and a great deal of effort to kill a pair of hws and then a few seconds later they are right back in your face. You shouldn't have to have two hws to counter two hws. The other classes should be able to handle them.

On defense, though, the hws are a bit different. Two hws still require a great deal of effort, but with only modest teamwork, you can take the hws down or distract them and then quickly capture the flag or whatever. You do not have to hold off a pair of hws indefinately as you do when you defend and there are 2 hws, and that is a big difference.

Basically, if you have two hws attacking you or running the flag or whatever, there's almost nothing that can be done to stop them with both a reasonable amount of teamwork and skill. It'd likely require about 4 skilled players to counter 2 newbie hws attacking. Maybe even more. And that's not reasonable.
hoaxie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe one skilled HW can take down two noob HWs any day. I have even seen one skilled HW take down two moderately skilled HWs and then some. I have seen the likes of YPAWOM, Torak, Wolfgang, and Gingapoo take out two HWs. I am no where near as skilled as those guys, but have taken down two HWs on a few ocassions. It isn't really impossible.

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
BigCaulk69

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HWs are good because they are like kindling for me. HWs are the most fun to burn because they tend to have no clue what is going on since they can't move when they fire. Generally, the same people who whine about HWs are the same people to call my PYRO class wimpy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bwhahhahaha
You're all gonna hate September....well...maybe early October - for I shall be on my T1 line.
The HW master shall return.

Whybkuul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-04-04 11:51, BigCaulk69 wrote:
Generally, the same people who whine about HWs are the same people to call my PYRO class wimpy.

I don't understand why ppl call pyro whimpy. They have 100 health, and 150 armor-more than a medic or spy. Pyro, if played well, can really own most classes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Y'all every class has it's place.
I personally don't like to play HW but will do so if needed. I would rather be a HW than the only NG on a team because a single NG is just Fodder while a single HW can still cause a lot of damage.

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the main reason people say that HWs are sissy, or whatever, is that the people who are the most upset at HWs are the ones who just "got knocked off the top of the hill"... When I play HW, it seems like most of the complaints are from NME soldiers. Seems like soldiers can't stand being pwned by a lowly fatty. There are plenty of soldiers who absolutely pwn me, no matter what class I play, but the ones who always complain are the jerks who want to rule the battlefield.

Oh, and a bad fatty can still beat a good one... you just gotta catch them after a fight with about 45 health
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KillerRoofcutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-04-04 00:37, Omega SiN wrote:
You've kind of answered your own question there. I know I don't, I somethimes play HWGuy for fun, no biggy.

Quote:

On 2002-04-04 00:20, Skull_Monkey wrote:

I have to say that it's never a regular that complains.

And you shouldn't worry about some noob that things HWGuy's are "gay" just cause you own them. Just whoop there ass again

This is what this one guy has for a bind it says this "He's Big, He's gay, He's Always in the way, It's a HWGay." i really hate that. But in a way it is funny but in another way it is offensive. I like the HW he is just tough. Just because he is hard to beat and has a Assualt cannon doesn't mean he was made to annoy! When I get mowed down it just means that they are good at killing. The hw guy can only kill at close combat all other classes have long rang weapons. And another thing the AC spreads out like 10 feet away so if you get mowed down that just means that that particuler HW is skilled. The HW has the most Disavanteges. Just cuz they are good like YPAWOM and Rat-Tat-Tat and One Big Haox doesn't mean they are cheating. It just means that they are skilled. Not cheaters. Just because they mow you down every single time does not mean anything. I get mowed down by them all the time. EVERY SINGLE day I get killed at least 50-70 times by an HW. And I don't care cuz I know they are skilled.

Thank you,
KillerRoofcutter

PICKACHU GOT OWNED!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Skull_Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Face it HW's are a tank plain and simple in the correct hands he is an unstopable defence, or on offence he can take out sg's and clear a path. I've played for a while and will play whatever the team needs. But if left with a choice it will either be a HW or an engie.
Personally I hate spys, not because there not any good, but because in the right hands they can be devastating to my fat-ass.

PyROZen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hate HWs with a passion I will never play as a HW because they move so damn slow. I dont have the patience to walk for 2mins just to get to the battle. The only time i like HWs is when they're covered in flames form my flamethrower.

"Conc Jumping, my old nemesis..."
thewz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-04-04 01:09, one big hoax wrote:
I whoop dat ass and show them just how gay I really am!!!

Wait a minute...if you're gay...that means that you like women cuz you are a woman and...

Nice...
hoaxie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say avenger is hahahahahahahahahahaha I literally LMAO when I saw that!

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-04-04 11:35, Ikana wrote:
It takes a very long time and a great deal of effort to kill a pair of hws and then a few seconds later they are right back in your face. You shouldn't have to have two hws to counter two hws. The other classes should be able to handle them.
Basically, if you have two hws attacking you or running the flag or whatever, there's almost nothing that can be done to stop them with both a reasonable amount of teamwork and skill. It'd likely require about 4 skilled players to counter 2 newbie hws attacking. Maybe even more. And that's not reasonable.

LOL, that is the funniest thing I've read all day. 1 decent spy or snipe can easily handle 2 average HW and as Hoax said, 1 good HW can take out 2 Newbie HW with ease. I'm more concerned about the SPY that runs past my team than I am a couple of sloooowww moving HW

I've said it before and I'll say it again...Those that complain do so because they haven't the skill to deal with HW.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: