FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What is it about....

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skull_Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is it about TFC that keeps people playing. I've played for a few years it seems and I still love the fun of it. There have been alot of multiplayer FPS' but none have kept my attention for a very long time. Take the new Jedi Outkast game, while it's fun and it's Star Wars the muliplayer aspect of the game seems well, a little less fun than it should be. Is it just me or does TFC rule the earth and all of the 9 hells.

Man I'm bored right now.

Lil-Yugi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it because of the sg's warming up, the EMP gernades, and team play. Theres nothing more than the soothing sounds of an sg firing at the enemy.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FingerDemon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree its the combination of gameplay and team based action that I think makes it so appealing. Also, it is sooo easy to get on a game online. I love flight sims, but I haven't really played many because they are all a pain in the butt to play online. Or you have to pay. What is that about?
NerUKierFKeal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm getting kinda tire of the game now

rAT bOY

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2002 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a whole other place to make new friends and have another social life. As well as kicking each other's @$$es and having fun.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
hoaxie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2002 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't speak for anyone else, but I can tell you this. One thing that keeps me playing is that I have developed some nice friendships here at the forum. Because of this, I look forward to playing with you guys. I think that if there were no forums, clans, etc., it might be less appealling.

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Skull_Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong every no and then I do get bored and will dissappear for a month or so, but i always come back.

Vulcan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think part of the answer is in the name TEAM. I enjoy the teamplay. But you also need a group of good people to play with, which is why I have been at the ville. If I didn't find the ville I don't know if I would still be playing TFC or if I wouldn't even be playing on line games becasue I got tired of them.

Vulcan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think part of the answer is in the name TEAM. I enjoy the teamplay. But you also need a group of good people to play with, which is why I have been at the ville. If I didn't find the ville I don't know if I would still be playing TFC or if I wouldn't even be playing on line games becasue I got tired of them.

Bakuryu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play other FPS, like unreal tourney, but TFC is just natural. It's a fun game to play and easy to learn.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
OSU Snipe Shocker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I would have to say that I really enjoy it because it is NOT a deathmatch game. You have teammates, and you have an objective. Now, don't get me wrong, Ilove fraggin people, but I like to have a purpose to aim for. Plus, certainly the sense of community I feel here at the Ville.

my .02...

Lil-Yugi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ONCE YOU HAVE TFC YOU'LL NEVER GO BACK!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FingerDemon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been playing the new Jedi Outcast Multiplayer and it is just like Quake III or Raven's other Q3 offering StarTrek Voyager Elite Force (an FPS). But I just don't like the movement of that engine. I was really hoping for some fun lightsaber battles, but movement is so frenetic, you never know where you are or where the other guy is.

I guess I just like the Q2 engine better. And for team play, nothing beats TFC that I have seen. Even other team based mods just don't gel the team like TFC.
Skull_Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, the new Star Wars has a weird QIII sloppy feel to it. Nothing like a light sabre agains 'nade launchers. lol

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: