FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
DukeNukem's Very First Tip

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DukeNukem
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is kind of like the throw bags to the engy thing.

I play MEDIC most of the time. Many times someone will be standing on top of a bag while waiting for health to appear. With the exception of a few special places (i.e. nade locations) they will not take you up to full health.

Let Medics get to health first, since they cannot instantly Medkit themselves up to 100%, but they can instantly pump you up to 100%. Sometimes, of course, this is not practical, and there are times that it is ammo/armor that is needed. Still, I hate dying trying to get to health that another class just took, when I could have saved us both!

Also, if you call for "Medic", HOLD STILL DAMNIT! If you can of course. Especially if you are a class that is nearly as fast as a medic (like spy). The closing time is very long if you are both running.

=US-])uke]\[ukem-V=
I STINK, therefore I SPAM!
[doctored Descartes]
hoaxie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to add to the medic thing, I hope this is the appropriate thread. If you are a medic, please, try to stand beside or behind the player you are pumping. It makes it difficult to kill people coming toward you if one of your own is standing right in front of you.

And, yes, throw bags to your engies as you run by. Press *X.* It's the simplest thing you can do in game, and one of the most crucial.

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Blown

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup, dont stand in front, not only is it hard for you to kill ppl, with mirror damage it totally is defeating the purpose of healthing them up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
PyROZen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one of my fav things to do as medic is to find a HW on my team and hide behind him and keep healthing him up. Since HW is bigger, hardly anyone can shoot you, and the HW is free to mow down anyone since he has almost unlimited life. This works really well in dustbowl when the HW has the flag.

"Conc Jumping, my old nemesis..."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: