FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NO MORE NEO!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FragFailure

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spy detection and NEO? Where's CyCoDad and his anti spy speech?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
KILAAK KONDOM

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FOOLISH HEWMANZ. IF YOO KANNOT DEFEET NEO HOW KAN YOO DEFEET KILAAK INVASHIONARI FORS?

Sully
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I think that making the mgs have spy ignore is a heck of a good idea.
Blown is right, spies will then have a better chance of taking out the defensive positions. At the same time, stopping spies is a team oriented objective, but with the mgs sniffing them out for you, the teamwork aspect of killin' spies goes out the window. I think it's more in line with the purpose of the game to have players stopping spies.

Sig courtesy of K.R.G.
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the variety of having neo on a couple servers. I do not care for it enough to play it all the time but it's a nice break every now and then. It's neo, take it or leave it. With or without the new stuff, it still favors certain classes and teams. So why not have all the nasty toys that come with it?

=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
Blown

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats the worse that can happen with spy ignore on, the game will move fast. Thats a good thing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I look at it, spys should take out sgs on nonneo servers, so why the hell shouldn't their job be to take out the mgs that are not shooting at them... Also, I gave newby-tf it's name cause of spy ignore. It completely takes away the aspect of spy checking.
PyROZen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only problem with turning off spy detection is that spy would be free to airstrike everywhere. This would offset the balance of the game even more and ppl would start complaing about spies. Dont get me wrong, i would like it turned off to, but what effect would it have on the other aspects of Neo. Whats the point of building SGs and MGs when 1 spy can run up and take out the entire defense with 1 button press.

"Conc Jumping, my old nemesis..."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Blown

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then those not so smart engies better learn to keep their stuff seperated so one airstrike cant take out your entire defense. No different than non neo and the not so smart engies that build two sg's close together so one mirv can take them out. Of course I welcome them to do so, make it easy target for my mirv.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or Nail grendae, or even a regular nade, or prolly any nade that will do damage. Ususally people clear the heck out when they see/hear an airstrike. It's not newby-tf's fault if the engys are stupid...
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-03-25 16:54, FragFailure wrote:
Spy detection and NEO? Where's CyCoDad and his anti spy speech?

I think I've turned my viewpoint 180 degrees. The latest NEO is nothing but spammy and while I still think that spy detecting MGs make you tougher as a spy I'm seeing that the SPY DETECTION has gone to Hell !! People don't even spy check anymore when they are on "Non Neo" maps or NEO maps. I think the dependency on MGs has ruined spy spotting/checking for a number of people. This alone should be reASON ENOUGH TO DO AWAY WITH THE MOD.

I play a few games a night on the NEO servers (sometimes that is the only servers with players) because of some of the maps I like. I was playing Engy on Osaka the othernight and it was 3 v 4 and we were trying to get the other engy to switch and play 2 v 4 because it just wasn't any fun. And I was defending.
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Dad!!!! That's what most of us want to hear
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the anti-grenade pod must go and maybe the crowbar mg.I have seen medics who don't even play they just wait to blow their pod up on people.Saying Neo isn't popular is wrong go play late and 3 is the only server with players on it.

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sully
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<coughahemcough>

I still spy check.

Sig courtesy of K.R.G.
EagleEyes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have played some games on Avanti where we totally pwn the other team. On both TV 1, and 3. But on 1 the other team did manage to cap all of the points at the very end, on NEO I highly doubt they would've been able to.

I totally agree with the Spy ignore feature. I mean engies had it easy with there SG's protecting them, now they have and SG an MG a agpod. What is that? I tell you when JD turned off NEO on three for that day or so, those were the best games I have had on TV3.
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TV3 has a great map rotation, but newby-tf really ruins some of those maps. Those 3 days were also very fun IMO. And Bada, you ever play around like 7 and 8 Eastern? TV3 is the only server with people on it, period. Maybe a few exceptions, but it is rare to find a server besides TV3 with enough people to have fun.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: