FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Sully's tip of the week 3/12/2002

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sully
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since my computer is down for a while, I'm going to not post a tip on team play. Intstead, I'll offer this:

Keep in mind that everyone makes mistakes!

If you are the person viewing the mistake, it's easy to make a judgement on that person based on the one mistake that they made. Noob bashing is a good example of this. Educating a person who makes a newbie mistake is much more effective than ridicule. It's much safer to not judge a person until you've had the oportunity to see them over a period of time, observe how they grow in a situation, and get to know them better.

If you are the person who happened to make the mistake, try not to define yourself by it. It's hard to look past your recent error to see the good things that you've done, or are doing, but you really are more than just the person who just made a mistake. Age gives you a little perspective on mistakes. It saddens me to hear of teen-agers who take their own lives because of an error that time would have healed.
You don't have to be a teenager to have one mistake trick you into taking drastic measures. We're all vulnerable to that. So without further ado, my tip:

Time! Time heals, time educates, time opens eyes. Take the time to get perspective on a person, learn who they are before you judge. Take the time to get perspective on a mistake you've made. You'll find that life goes on, and the mistake you made today will be the problem you triumpth over tomorrow.

<I'm stepping away from the pulpit now>

Sig courtesy of K.R.G.
Whybkuul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice tip bro! that had to be one of the most meaningful things i've read around here. thx for that
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TargetDummy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen Sully!

I'd also like to say that you need patience with people that get mad at you too. I get caught up in the pace of the game sometimes, and say or type something in the heat of it, that I wouldn't say if I was camped in respawn.

Usually someone points out that I'm mad at someone for no good reason, and then I feel like a real nimrod. But better that than some flame war.
hoaxie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*applauds*

Well said, Sully.

Looks like something I would have written.

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
FragFailure

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MISTAKES ARE UNACCEPTABLE!

ANYONE CAUGHT MAKING MISTAKES WILL GET SENT TO SIBERIA...OR EVEN WORSE

DETROIT!

yes I am kidding
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
OSU Snipe Shocker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks sully, well said.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
OS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I showed this to one of my best friends. He doesn't play TFC, but I think he got the idea.

He was planning to commit suicide. I think he was serious, and he had only told me..in an email.

Thanks a lot Sully, I think you might have just saved someones life today.

I'm not anymore, and nor him, as he has learnt that there are solutions to problems.

Thank You.
Sully
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omega, please don't stop at this forum thread when seeking help for your friend. There is a lot of help out there for people in trouble, I hope you check that out.
Good luck, and God Bless.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: