FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Legal or Illegal?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whatever

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2001 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something just happened on TVI, and I was curious if it was legal or illegal by Ville rules.

Albino Gibbon had placed a detpack near the first respawn for the defending team. At the time, he was on defense and had set it for I think 20 seconds (not sure about that one), but the attacking team capped and the detpack went off after that and killed a few of them in the spawn area at the beginning of the next run.

He did it by accident, and I have no doubts of that as Albino always plays fairly. But a couple of people said it was illegal on the Ville.

My question is...Is this illegal to do on purpose? I would not do it, as it is not my style to get kills like that, and this is true of a lot of us.

I have heard from people before on the server that it was fine, and others have said no. I don't think I have seen an admin answer it online, but I could have missed it.

I just want a clarification...

Thanks for this, and as always, you guys are doing a great job...always a pleasure to play on here.
Maian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2001 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the laws of the ville, I'd believe it was legal. I was there when this happened. Its like leaving a gas gren in your respawn, then you cap, and it goes off while enemy is now in your respawn. Or one time, I saw some dude who set a detpak for 20 secs to open church hole. They capped right after he set it, and the detpak went off after the roles had switched. The detpak blew open the church for them, even before gates were opened. Now the reason I say that this is legal in TV, is because someone was asking if it was ok to throw grens over wall behind gates, before they opened. They said it was legal because its a flaw in the map. This same scenario seems to be a flaw in the map, or in the new patch, and I believe should be used. But Im not an admin, so I cant tell you if it is ok.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2001 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't object to it, but I could be wrong.

Just do what I did when I saw albino on opposite team, change to scout and run over it to defuse it.

John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2001 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Detpack would not be a problem IMHO. The only time we have detpack issues is when someone deliberately drops one in a respawn area, then changes teams.

That will get you banned faster than you can say "llama".

JD
Thom Yorke Obliterator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2001 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say that the intention is the important thing. If you see someone setting a detpack there AFTER the point had been capped, then that's questionable.

I don't even have a problem with someone attacking in respawn once or twice. If they keep doing it after being told not to, then I get annoyed.

ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2001 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should be skill points given for this one. trying to guess when it should go off is not easy. Note to self if a det pack goes off in respawn and no one is there to hear it does it really go off?
As far as gernades over the wall is concerned I get that warm fuzzy feeling when from the attackers side I lob nail gernades over while rocket jumping and get someone or better yet an SG. payback is sweet

Calvin&Hobbes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2001 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion......if someone is deliberately sets a detpack in his own respawn for no apparent reason and plays the rest of the round until the cap and then sets it off.

In this scenario, there is not much doubt the player intentionally set the pack to kill the opposing team in respawn after teams switched sides. I tend to learn towards a gray area of respawn camping.

Awhile ago, we had a player who did this EVERY single round. He got hassled so much by all the players on both teams, he finally left.

As for lobbing nades over the wall....It can go both ways over the wall...so go for it.

Calvin&Hobbes
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: