FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
A Bit of a Problem

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bullwinkle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: A Bit of a Problem Reply with quote

Ok, villuns i need ur help!! Im having problem with my computer, when i try to turn on my computer it will try to turn on for like a second or two and then shut off, but after leaving it alone i got it to turn on (on it right now), but as soon as i shut it off its gunna stop working again. i thought it might have been the power supply cause its like 4 years old, but i installed a new one and its working fine. i dont kno what it could be now........ any ideals?
Malanthros

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you at any point get the Blue Screen of Death?!!?

Sounds like its formatting time!

Thank you Loka for helping me realize my dream of having a Sig.
Bullwinkle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malanthros wrote:
Did you at any point get the Blue Screen of Death?!!?

no it would shut off b4 it even got to the point of loading, u could hear it try for a second or two and just stop b4 anything popped on screen and the whole comp would shut off.
regis
Guild Noobie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a sudden restart like that either sounds like a power issue or the cpu is over heating. do all the fans work??

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bullwinkle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they seem to be. i just replaced the the power supply from the old 250 to 350 watts. and thats plenty for whats on this. Its need a reformatting anyways, i just dont see how that would help if the comp is having trouble starting in the 1st place. and i made sure every thing was fully plugged in when i put in the new power supply
Shishkababy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had a problem like this a while back. We fixed it by getting a new cable that connects into the harddrive. Mine would always just not start or just turn off, and if it did work it would randomly just click and freeze.
Bullwinkle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what cable? the one to the power supply was switch when i installed the the new supply.
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be your Motherboard I just had to replace my sons for the same issue. That or you have a bad virus.
Bullwinkle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx every one for the help, i knew if i posted id get some help, even tho i havent figured out quite what it is yet. im running my spyware and antivirus right now. I think u might have something with the mobo right now, but imma try every thing else b4 i go replacing that.

thx again for the help
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a PC that sounds just like yours......It wont power up except for 1 in like 50 trys....Its very frustrating and I never figured out what was causing the issue.

I believe it may be a mobo with bad capacitors but its just a guess. I am going to retire the PC and build a new one some time in the near future.

JD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it woudlnt be a hard drive connection. because you would still get the bios message saying there's no primary drive, no OS...

as ppl have said its probably an overheating unstable system or your mobo's on its last legs. check that the fan on your cpu heat sink is rotating freely and hasnt had a bearing go making it vibrate and hit the side of its casing. that messes up the cooling efficency and could cause an over heat. (i detest fan's ive had soooo many go on me).

i would sugest a complete re-formate before you go replacing any hardware just to be sure that your not replacing something un-neccesarily.

good luck with finding whats causing it.
Guild Noobie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobins wrote:
(i detest fan's ive had soooo many go on me).

Don't tell me you liquid-cool your system....???

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: