FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
im a little worried

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
all-star

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: im a little worried Reply with quote

well heres a sweat maker for me. i was playing dod and got disconnected and contacted by person by the name of "support". i couldn't open a game after that. So he says that T2Kalim@hotmail.com has reported my account as stolen. And heres the good part, in order for them do a "scan" of my account he needed my account name and password. (so if hes really from steam he can't even get my account name?) so i went into a very lengthy discussion with this person. So sum it up, he said my account will be handed over by 11:06 tonight. and my ip will be banned from steam. So he can do all this other magical stuff... but can't do a simple scan for logs and see who is the rightful owner??? He said he would freeze the account and let the other person change the password, yet he can't do a scan but he can do that. I put up the whole discusion in txt format for you all to read and you be tje judge. At the end he offered to call me, so i gave him my number, and he did call me, and i asked for his manager but he said hes all alone right now. And he said he was based out of new york, but the number he called me from is from Quebec
1-819-310-1090. so theres another thing that hes lying about.

so plz check it out, i know its a lengthy discussion because i keep on going on and on

http://www.geocities.com/finnnoboy/ban.txt
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Never tell your password to anyone.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sgt stutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of scams out there, you did the correct thing never give your pass or log in to anyone. Maybe report this to someone at steam.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=6fe3620dfe9a7d5c4e61ec7e97e9670f&threadid=470962

click--><eVa>SuperGreg

R.I.P Trigger Happy
all-star

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, after talking with steam support on irc, they read the log and reasure its a fake. so im not sweating anymore

but if this happens to anyone else of this magnitude, its a fake still

lol

thanks
You'reinSoup

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But I cannot reveal the secrets until it is done.

Oh those sneaky Steam Support magicians.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, looks like you wasted alot of your time with a scammer. It says at the top of the steam chat window "never tell your password to anyone". Funny how they just use support now as a name since they took out steam and valve in an update.

http://www.theville.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23172
shuya

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe u ran into this guy ,,he is ruining mamma jammas server and stealing accounts ,,hes famous http://www.gotfrag.com/dod/forums/thread/234307/

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the thing. Don't add people to your friends list that you don't know. Later on they can change their display name (thanks to the smart people of steaming pile of) and you start getting messages from weird people.

I actually got a message of the previous notion that we are trying to see if you are the real owner, and his grammar was horrible including some mispelled words. So I messaged them back and said "It would have worked with some fool if you went to Microsoft Word did a spell and grammar check."

FUSE
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loka wrote:
So I messaged them back and said "It would have worked with some fool if you went to Microsoft Word did a spell and grammar check."

LMFAO THAT'S FUNNY

FUSE.TVR -V$-
ReDsKiN

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol thats funny,

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Willie Busserhimen
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

man... I wish someone would do that sh@t to me. I would f@@k with them soo bad.

Willie Busserhimen.v-V$
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: