FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Hello I thought I'd share
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pink boots
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never eaten at Arby's, I don't even know if we have a Arby's around here. But if you went through all that trouble to get poppers they must be pretty good. So I will be looking out for a Arby's this weekend.
Muffins

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems you guys enjoyed my Arby's letter, even though the success of it is questionable at best.

I will now grace you with a letter I sent to Apple after they returned my laptop back to me from their repair center, in worse shape then when I sent it.

I did get a response from apple on this letter, and a small gift, and now Apple has been calling me frequently to make sure everything has gone over well.

I promise this will be the last bit of my sorry excuse for "comedy" I show.

----------------------------
To: ' '
Subject: Apple is giving me a headache

Hello from Sunny Chicago!

It's 97 outside but the weather channel says it feels like 104. Usually this wouldn't be important but I just made my third trip back from the Apple store on my lunch break and the temperature was definitely a factor in my not so awesome time I'm having.

I got excited when the MacBook came out. I went and got one, oh, probably the second day they were out. Shortly there after I noticed the fancy little mouse button on my Laptop wasn't actually working on the right side. No problem, I waited until they had more instock and eventually drove out to the Apple store where they exchanged it for me and even swapped the hard drives over for me. The new hard drive design is leaps and bounds better than the last painful method involved with the iBook. Thanks for that.

So I got a new Laptop with my old stuff and life was grand. Two weeks go by and my MacBook starts making a squeak, or a creak? I don't know the difference. It sounds like the doors in my now passed grandmother's house every time I open the laptop or the screen jiggles. While I enjoy the reminder of my grandmother and being in her house as a kid I could seriously do without this noise, especially in quiet places where my cryptic sounding laptop draws attention.

With school starting soon I needed to get this hinge dilemma remedied. While I was home sick from work one day I used my use of rest and relaxation time to stop by my almost local Apple store in Northbrook again. It gets really hot in there during the summer, just so we're all aware. Anyway, I waited in line for awhile which was not a problem because I showed up way before my appointment in hopes I could skip by in line.

John my Genius for the day comes over and helps me out. He takes down all my computer specs and notes the squeaky (or creaky) hinge problem. I get some papers and I walk off. I'm a little upset because I hate driving out to this (any) Apple store but what are ya gonna do. Stuff doesn't always work out how you want it. I ask for the computer to be shipped back to my house. It's usually just easier that way.

Welcome to today. I get a call from home saying "Hey dude your computer is here!". which actually isn't the exact quotes because it was my mother telling me this. Excited I ask her to open it up and check for a squeak, that horrible squeak (or creak). She opens and I can hear that evil noise right over the phone, but she tells me anyway that's it's there. Understandably upset I call the Apple store in Northbrook, I've actually memorized the number now if you care, and I'm instructed to bring the computer in as soon as possible.

I skip lunch and get in my car ignoring anything resembling a speed limit sign. I really don't have any other time for this stuff anyway, my lunch period is really the only time I have to get this computer to the Apple store within business hours. As I get to my house I want to just look for myself and see that this thing really still has the death noise. OH IT SURE DOES BUT THERE"S MORE! Whoever decided they wouldn't actually fix my hinge also put a screw driver sized dent in the top of my case. WHY! Why would someone decide "hey look what I did? Oh well send it on back!"

I guess the point of this message is this:

Please tell technician 612525 to never touch my laptop again because it's hot out and I don't like going to the Apple store anymore, it only brings more heart break.

Thanks!

Ben ---
Web Solutions Publisher
Agency Portal Technology
(---) |||-$$$$

P.S. I didn't reread this. It might not make sense in certain areas. Please forgive me. Thank you.
Kixx
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THose letters rock and I am quite amused now!!!!

Welcome to the forums

Maybe you should think about a career in writing or journalism???

Kill ya later,
Kixx

Kixxin' Azz in DoD ~
The Tiju

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i knew there was a reason why i hated apple

"Never Fear The Tiju is Here"
FUSE
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kixx wrote:

Welcome to the forums

Kill ya later,
Kixx

Ditto ten times over lol. That was an extremely entertaining letter and you should really become a writer, or atleast try to write something in ur spare time because although I found like one or two errors at most, it was well written and better than many stories I've ever read lol.

FUSE.TVR -V$-
preacherman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StrontiumDog wrote:
Our nearest Arby's is 120km away!

Can we go then?? - Oh and pink boots can u come with us?

Thank U again StrontiumDog for Sig
Muffins

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FUSE wrote:
Kixx wrote:

Welcome to the forums

Kill ya later,
Kixx

Ditto ten times over lol. That was an extremely entertaining letter and you should really become a writer, or atleast try to write something in ur spare time because although I found like one or two errors at most, it was well written and better than many stories I've ever read lol.

I'm aware there are errors, I don't really spell check or grammar check any of these before sending. I like writing them in the heat of the moment then sending them off.

I was originally hired by my company to do publishing to one of our intranet sites but ended up doing very little of that. I think I would struggle writing anything serious. In school my speeches and papers have always been some what of a joke that mocks everything. Although they are always well received by my professors. I've written speeches on how I value the microwave, 7 Ways to break up with your girlfriend, Wearing wet t-shirts in the summer to increase happyness and prevent heat stroke, and my best sociology paper was about how there is a positive correlation between the back seats of cars getting smaller and lower teen pregnancy rates.

I think I'd rather just play DoD and write funny short stories on company time. It's a lot more fun than doing it for a living.
Pink boots
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

preacherman wrote:
StrontiumDog wrote:
Our nearest Arby's is 120km away!

Can we go then?? - Oh and pink boots can u come with us?

Lunch at Arby's with the Preacherman Dancing how could I ever refuse. I'll bring you back a popper Muffins.
regis
Guild Noobie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tiju wrote:
s.Squirrel wrote:
I eat soylent green It's made out of people

charleton heston has saved the world from everything...ppl eating ppl, apes, rameses, anti gun lobbyists

such a great man

He is a great man, a little crazy now-a-days, but still great

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
StrontiumDog
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter- wrote:
What's a KM? We don't use that here...can you convert that to miles for me?

120km is 4812 miles....

A km is a crappy measurement invented by the French, adopted by the Canadians to confuse the heck out of those of us used to the British/US measurement (the mile). Now used all over Europe except the UK. Even the Irish took down all their old mile signs and replaced them with European km ones....

The mile is a wonderful measurement. Most times we drive along roads at 60mph. Sign says 23 miles....we know it will take around 23 mins...

The km...*sigh*
Doesn't work the same unless someone can tell me diferently. I'm getting used to it but then I'm getting good at converting km to miles...

"Oh Smeg! What the smeg's he smegging done? He's smegging killed me!" Lister, Red Dwarf
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
preacherman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StrontiumDog wrote:
Richter- wrote:
What's a KM? We don't use that here...can you convert that to miles for me?

120km is 4812 miles....

A km is a crappy measurement invented by the French, adopted by the Canadians to confuse the heck out of those of us used to the British/US measurement (the mile). Now used all over Europe except the UK. Even the Irish took down all their old mile signs and replaced them with European km ones....

The mile is a wonderful measurement. Most times we drive along roads at 60mph. Sign says 23 miles....we know it will take around 23 mins...

The km...*sigh*
Doesn't work the same unless someone can tell me diferently. I'm getting used to it but then I'm getting good at converting km to miles...

now u justtrying to confuse them =75 miles - how I miss miles dang French (Canadians!)

Some people can talk a mile a minute - convert that - huh!!

Thank U again StrontiumDog for Sig
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arby's is good!

Welcome to the forum, Muffins! #Beer

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: