FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
8vs8 CAL Custom Division

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CAL|CMorlock

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: 8vs8 CAL Custom Division Reply with quote

With the quick growth of Day of Defeat Source lately, we've decided to try our hands at opening an Open 8v8 division for this game. This division will run custom maps only, which cater to our decision to use a larger format. This division is exclusive to other divisions which means that teams who compete in regular 6v6 will not be permitted to compete in this division. This should result in a more "clan vs clan" atmosphere.

To register your clan go here, on the right hand side you should be able to see the "join division" button (you must first have a CAL account for yourself). We will be leaving sign-ups open for two weeks to allow for players/teams to get into this division and become acquainted to CAL. You can create your team now and your players can join at a later date.

If you have any suggestions for this division or what maps we should be using, email me at cary.morlock@caleague.com If you are interested in applying to be an admin, once you have registered at caleague.com, go to "my account" and you should see "application". Make sure to include somewhere on the application that you are applying for the 8vs8 division.You will be contacted if your application is approved.

If you have any questions/concerns, contact me through email at the above address. If you know of any other clans or groups that would be interested please let them know or provide me with their contact info and I will get in touch with them.

The map list and class limits etc. will be posted soon, you can check here for the latest news http://www.caleague.com/?division=ddsc

This is going to be a real fun division, I hope to see you soon.

CAL|CMorlock
l3eeron
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we decided not to recruit and such here. We're all about just havin fun

But, welcome to the forums!!!

eternalVillealliance
Bleeding Tomato
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3eeron wrote:
I think we decided not to recruit and such here. We're all about just havin fun

But, welcome to the forums!!!

I don't belive they are recruiting just advertising d'oh!

DeaconFrost

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, i think thats an admin at the CAL League. CAL is not a clan

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bleeding Tomato
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be fun but probably too demanding as far as time goes.

CAL|CMorlock

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol yeah im not trying to recruit players, I'm running the cal 8vs8 cutom division and trying to get the word out.

This is exactly what this division was designed for "the casual gamer". This has been completely geared toward people who would like to participate in a league but don't have the time.

You will be able to have 20 players on your roster, a few of the maps being played are Dijon, anvil, paysage and harbor, those are all maps that most people play on public servers. Basically everyone already has their favorite route and knows how to play the map. Most of the teams aren't going to be practicing at all, except for when they are playing on a public server.

Match nights will be Tuesday at 9pm EST, but the teams can work out an alternate time to play (all matches will have to be completed by Sunday though). That gives you 5 full days to complete a match.

Class limits will be 1 sniper, 1 mg, 1 rocket, 3 heavies, 3 lights and 4 rifles.

The team doesn't have to be a clan, there are a lot of players that are just joining a team so they can play in a league that isn't demanding.
JtH

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as i stated in the last cal thread that was locked, and fyi i thought it was stupid to be locked.

Id be in for any Cal stuff so long as its source.

if anyone is thinking of setting up a cal team let me know and i can set us up with a website and forums and such. That way we could make it in no way associated with the ville, and everyone will be able to take the bunches out of their panties.

PM me through here, or drop me an email.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentlmen, the last thread was locked as it was trying to recruit a team which we dont allow here, either in game or in the forums. Since this one is more of an announcement, I will leave it until the boss has a chance to make a decision.

For what its worth heres my take on leagueplay. Once you have gone over you wont be happy pubbing anymore as all the 'noobs' just camp and prone everywhere..... Of course if thats how you feel right now then perhaps its time to try leagueplay since your not enjoying your pubbing experiences at the Ville.

What I dont want to see happen is that the Ville servers suddenly get pushed into a league mentality with more cursing, swearing, abusive behavior from the players towards other players, etc. That sort of behavior isnt what the Ville is all about and we want to keep the Ville a friendly, family oriented place to play.

I have seen this happen with my existing DOD clan, and to some extend with my existing TFC clan. We dont want to see good Villans become undesirable Villans and start causing issues on the servers, so thats my take on why we dont like to see recruitment discussions on the servers or the forums.

K, its too early for me to be posting so I am going back for some sleep.

Cheers

JD
Diplomat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JD summed it up correctly. There is to be no recruiting on the ville boards. If anyone has a problem with this please feel free to contact me via PM and i will discuss it with you until then this thread is locked.

PMM
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: