FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Medical Inquiries

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omega_initiative

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey y'all,

After looking at the stat, I wondered, what is the difference between timer and infection? They seemed the same to me. If they'r ethe same, then why are they in separate categories?

Also, I heard recently that killing sg and healing infected teammates count as points. How come I don't see them on the personal stat page? How are they counted toward the whole skill point systems?

Thank you fo whoever is willing to answer the questions.
LilBigCip

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what the difference between Timer and Infection is but, im preety sure that you don't get points for killing sgs.

CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the game you get points for taking out SGs and healing teammates, but it doesn't show up in the stats. That is something that should be addressed to the HLSTATS people, to promote Team Play. If the stats package doesn't track it, nothing we can do.

I have no clue re timer vs infection. It is just how the stats track it, notice the zero multiplier though, it really doesn't mean anything.
Warhammer
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that an infection kill is when someone that YOU infected dies. A timer kill is obtained any time someone infected from someone that you infected dies.
LilBigCip

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think thats true because I haven't seen the timer not equal the infection. And I know I lot of people die from infection by getting infected by teamates

[cy2k]The_j0k3r

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure though when I've pulled up the console after dieing. The commmand for dieing from an immediate infection (ie. being killed with the medikit itself being held against your body) is medikit(infection). And running away and not dieing, and infecting others, and them dieing etc. yields the timer kill. Therefore, infecting someone and having them run away to die gives you no skill kill (because it's not that hard to kill them that way by just running by them real fast, and not even being anywhere near them for any length of time). However, killing them by running up to them and holding the medikit against them until they are dead would be a lot tougher, and therefore give you more skill.

This is what I have concluded, however these are just my assumptions, but this seem to be the logical description to me.

[ This Message was edited by: [cy2k]The_j0k3r on 2001-08-16 16:31 ]
SuperZero

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I medic fairly often here (tho not lately) and I've noticed that my infection kills are always the same as my timer kills, and medikits are completely different. My guess is that it's a glitch caused by how infection works in the game...with a timer. Every few seconds, the timer goes off and you lose more health due to infection. So my guess is that the game sees a person who is infected die due to the timer, then chalks the kill up to infection but the stats pick up both thoughts. Since timer is assigned a 0.00 mod, it doesn't mean jack in the stats anyway.

Total guesses, but it's kinda what I always assumed it meant.

Mr. Magoo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super,

I agree and the stats support your theroy. Looking at the weapons stats for the week for everyone. Infection and timer are both 1330 kills so far.

Magoo
Bakuryu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2001 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was playing on the -WE- clan server and they have the same stats program for counter-strike. I noticed you got skill for spawning with the bomb, planting the bomb, diffusing the bomb, and rescuing/touching hostages and you lost skill for dropping the bomb and killing a hostage and it kept track of all of that and it actually figured into one's skill. Why they didn't do something like that for tfc is beyond me. Yell at the hlstats crew and tell em less cs more tfc !

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Maian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Joker, I thnk u have it backwards. A medikit kill is hard, cause you have to stay with the person medikiting him until he dies from that last hit. However, if you infect him, and run, thats not very hard, so it has a 0 modifier. Thats a timer, cause it kills u over time. Infection is when some one that u infected spreads it to some one else, and that kills them. That is a harder kill. So finally, an answer. At least I think so...

Sick Cycle Carousel
Lifehouse
No Name Face
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Dude

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. I looked it up. An infection kill is when the person you DIRECTLY infected dies. A timer kill is when you die from an infection spread indirectly (from a teamate).
Medkit kill is when you kill someone with the Medikit itself (very hard).
If the stats somehow says that timer kills aand infection kills are the same amount, it is a glitch.
The Dude

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A infection kill is when a person you directly infected dies. A timer kill is when any person indirectly dies from an infection (spread by a teammate).
Mr. Magoo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know about others, but if I get infected and we don't have a med on r team, then it's bonzai! time to the front lines. Most of the time I'm dead long before the infection takes me and I also unload any pinnapples that I might be carrying. With luck maybe a sg goes with me. Infection seems to be a good way to encourage folks to get to the front lines. Remember just stay away from teammates!

Magoo
Maian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you guys sure? It seems like it should be the other way around. Its pretty easy to go up and press a medikit against someone, and run away. But it seems harder to get that person to spread it to someone else, and they die. Oh well, Im just asking.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: