FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
bleh

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
=SG=ComptonEMT.TVR

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: bleh Reply with quote

well haven't been around and prolly wont be around for longer... to much work ... i'm bassically a zombie now... so whenever you guys play zombie mods think of me

#2gunfire STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON! #2gunfire
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
moog

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: heya EMT! Reply with quote

havent seen you around for awhiiile...good to c that u still remember us at the Ville!

try to take some time to frag with us soon!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah... my computer and internet is still down... plus work'n 2 jobs is killing me... bleh... i've never worked soooo much in my life... this is bassically my schedule for the upcoming weeks

Thur: work EMT 24 hr shift and dont sleep all night
fri: sleep till about noon then go to office to pick up camel rep stuff
Sat: spend a couple of hours free time then go out for a long night camel rep from about 5pm till 2am...
Sun: work EMT 24 hr shift and dont sleep all night
Mon: wake up and take my camel stuff into the office then do everything i need to get done that i haven't had time to do
Tues: 24 hour emt shift and dont sleep all night
Wed: sleep in till prolly noon at work then go the the office to pick up my camel stuff for my other job then go home clean a lil then go out and work camel job till 2 AM
Thur: sleep till about 11 then do laundry then go to office to drop off and pick up camel rep stuff then work that night till prolly 2am
fri: sleep freetime go into office check in/out and work till 2am
sat: same
sun: 24 hr emt shift no sleep
mon: sleep till about noon then take my camel rep stuff in then some free time
tue: 24 hr emt shift no sleep
wed: 24 hr emt shift (traded for my friday shift so i can work camel on weekend) (yes thats 48 hrs of no sleep... yay for me)

and that is why i'm a zombie... not to mention that i have to wake up at 530 to go to my emt job even when i stay out till 2 =)
but i'll see you guys soon hopefully ... if we ever find a good roomate

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
StrontiumDog
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You ever heard of burning the candle at both ends....?

"Oh Smeg! What the smeg's he smegging done? He's smegging killed me!" Lister, Red Dwarf
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
=SG=ComptonEMT.TVR

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tiju

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man that sux

"Never Fear The Tiju is Here"
Agent X

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StrontiumDog wrote:
You ever heard of burning the candle at both ends....?

I agree with Dog here. Let me share a personal story that you could probably relate to.

When i was in my early 20s, I tried working 3 jobs and maintaing a social life all at the same time with little or no sleep. I was able to pull it off for about a month and a half, but all of the lack of sleep caught up to me and I got really sick. So sick that my body just shut down. It was like I had a really bad case of the flu. So bad that I could not get out of bed for a week, all I did was eat chicken broth and sleep, no energy at all. My scedule was like this:

Sun: Work from 5pm to 11pm at Job #1, Go home shower spend time with GF or go out until 2-3am
Mon-Wed: Go to work at Job #2 at 8am until 2pm go clean up and eat lunch, go to Job #1 from 4pm to 11pm-12am, go clean-up hang out with friends until 2-3am.
Thursday: Only worked Job #2 from 8-5. Had Thursday night off, but was usually out from 8pm to 2-3am.
Friday: Job #2 8-2, Job #1 4-12, stay out for a few hours until 2-3am.
Saturday: Job #3 6:30am until noon. Back to Job #1 from 5pm to 12am.

Not quite as bad as your situation, but I made it worse by making myself spend time with Girlfriend and hang out with my friends.

Everytime I talk about this, I remind myself of the Sienfield episode in which Kramer had the epiphany that he only needed one or two hours of sleep and could do all of this other stuff by staying awake more often (only to fall asleep and cause major disaster while doing said things he had more time for).

My point to all of this rambling is that it may have seemed like a good idea at first to for go sleep to do more, but be very careful... As Dog mentioned, burning the candle at both ends could end up harming you in the long-run or even the short run. Don't wear yourself out.

Hang in there man.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's going to help the EMT when he's down?

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
=SG=ComptonEMT.TVR

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i've realized how bad it is... so i've kinda slowed down to only working my second job like twice a week... but then again... after doing that my buddy told me he needs help with his upstart business so i'm kinda helping him now too ... its a come to your house and wash wax and detail your car business here in southern california orange county mainly and he's do'n pretty darn well... been less than a year and i believe he's already halfway through paying back his loan he got for everything...

=SG=ComptonEMT.TVR

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well yesterday i went into the office of my second job and signed the papers... i no longer work for them

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: