FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Wondering about some of the rules
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StrontiumDog
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As JD said ^^^^^
It's OK to boost onto the boxes in Kalt.

But that's pretty much the only place. Everywhere else is a no-no.

"Oh Smeg! What the smeg's he smegging done? He's smegging killed me!" Lister, Red Dwarf
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StrontiumDog wrote:
As JD said ^^^^^
It's OK to boost onto the boxes in Kalt.

But that's pretty much the only place. Everywhere else is a no-no.

Yeah, I agree with that exception since it isn't really an unfair advantage. The spot is wide open from pretty much any direction.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DeaconFrost

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

meh, its something i can live with. I'll do my best not to boostzorz

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FUSE
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tiju wrote:
spawn campin is pretty simple to figure out...self defence is the only exeption i tihnk

Yea I don't shoot into any spawn unless the first shot is fired at me. And if there is an MG camping directly at the edge of spawn, I wouldn't say there's anything wrong with tossing a nade over there.

FUSE.TVR -V$-
all-star

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asking about avalanche

seeing as how ive played avalanche on your servers before and never had any trouble, this time i was kicked/banned.

and i was asking if the axis house infront of their spawn (ie where the axis snipers nests are) is considered spawn as well.

but i never got a responce just kicked/banned

so does anyone have a final say in this, cause if that house is off limits to allies it sorta makes the map even more axis favored :\

Thanks
sgt stutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all-star wrote:
asking about avalanche

seeing as how ive played avalanche on your servers before and never had any trouble, this time i was kicked/banned.

and i was asking if the axis house infront of their spawn (ie where the axis snipers nests are) is considered spawn as well.

but i never got a responce just kicked/banned

so does anyone have a final say in this, cause if that house is off limits to allies it sorta makes the map even more axis favored :\

Thanks

Take it to the complaint dept, we will deal with it there.

click--><eVa>SuperGreg

R.I.P Trigger Happy
all-star

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did, but im asking about the rule here, im not asking to be unbanned, like what deacon started this topic for.. questions about rules...

is that house off limits to allied?

im not being sarcastic or anything, i really wanna know, cause im really confused on this situation
sgt stutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all-star wrote:
i did, but im asking about the rule here, im not asking to be unbanned, like what deacon started this topic for.. questions about rules...

is that house off limits to allied?

im not being sarcastic or anything, i really wanna know, cause im really confused on this situation

Your not confused and yes you are being sarcastic, how long have you gamed here. No the axis apartments are not off limits they never have been and never will be.

Shooting into spawn is whats not allowed, that never has been and never will be allowed here at the Ville.

click--><eVa>SuperGreg

R.I.P Trigger Happy
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Avalanche, all those spots around the Axis first flag where people like to camp and the appartments outside of the spawn are not part of their spawn and are open to enemy fire. Just don't shoot or camp the areas guarded by the automatic spawn machine guns and you should be fine. I don't know how anyone could be confused about that. Just use some common sense to figure out if the people you are shooting have a fair chance.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
all-star

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stutter, i wasn't being sarcastic. thats the problem with test, you can't here the tone in my voice

i wasn't being sarcastic, read my complain department post and you will know why i was confused and asked about the axis house
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway, I have some questions about possible exploits involving rockets. The first one, which I'm pretty sure is not considered an exploit, is the ceiling shot. I do that a lot, and someone once complained and said it was an exploit. I always thought it made sense that a rocket explosion above the head would do a lot more splash damage compared to a lower hit. I just wanted to make sure I have the right idea.

The other question I have is on Saints. Someone showed me that if you shoot a rocket at the bottom of the bridge, it will kill everyone on top of the bridge. It is pretty useful for stopping bridge caps. Now I don't know if this feature was built into the map, or if it is a glitch, so that's why I'm asking about it.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
StrontiumDog
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK, both are regarded as exploits....I remember a whole thread just on rockets in the Kalt sewers and the Saints bridge....

http://www.theville.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22369

"Oh Smeg! What the smeg's he smegging done? He's smegging killed me!" Lister, Red Dwarf
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
The Tiju

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shooting at the ceiling seems ok wit me...cause theres no way u can just shoot the rocket at a person for the kill

but shooting at the bridge seems like an exploit...theres no way for the opposite team to defend against it or be able to avoid dieing...

"Never Fear The Tiju is Here"
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StrontiumDog wrote:
AFAIK, both are regarded as exploits....I remember a whole thread just on rockets in the Kalt sewers and the Saints bridge....

http://www.theville.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22369

I forgot about that thread. According to that thread, ceiling shots are legal as long as it is in the same room as the victims. Basically it is an exploit if there is a wall between the explosion and the victim.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
StrontiumDog
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankfully, I'll never have the opportunity to find out. I have a hard enough time shooting a BAR straight, never mind shooting a zooka...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: