FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Duo vs Single Core!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rayme

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Duo vs Single Core! Reply with quote

Hello, I plan on getting a dell inspiron 1505. Fully upgraded to what I want, the difference between getting a 1.83ghz Single or Duo core is $200. I play World of Warcraft usually with ventrillo and aim open as well as maybe some web pages.

My question is, am I going to notice a big diference between the Single and Duo processor?
Killer KoolAid Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont really know. But i believe you do. the duo is suppose to aleast make it go about 1.5x's more i believe...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mUj0
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Duo vs Single Core! Reply with quote

rayme wrote:
Hello, I plan on getting a dell inspiron 1505. Fully upgraded to what I want, the difference between getting a 1.83ghz Single or Duo core is $200. I play World of Warcraft usually with ventrillo and aim open as well as maybe some web pages.

My question is, am I going to notice a big diference between the Single and Duo processor?

1. You probably will NOT notice a difference between the single and duo processors, as they will help with major applications such as burning a DVD and playing a game. Vent and AIm use hardly any resources, although they will eat them up for resource hungry games if your system is inadequate.

2. Welcome to the forums!!!

3. Gamers won't be able to take advantage of dual core systems for awhile. For now, single core is sufficient. I mean...How many gamers are going to work on 'auto cad' and game at the same time?

4. However, the new Core2 duo is impressive so far. I wouldnt recommend it for its dual core, but moreover for its extreme speed. (fast as AMD's FX-62, the top of the line gaming processor).

Colossians 2:20 "You have died with Christ, and he has set you free from the evil powers of this world. So why do you keep on following rules of the world"
Willie Busserhimen
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

single core is being phased out. Think about the future...

Willie Busserhimen.v-V$
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: